Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Handguns (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   PSA AK-V (9mm AK) (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=230248)

StanleyJobson October 12th, 2021 06:32 PM

Get one! They run like a top! Everyone has gotta have one of these! So much fun!


Blaster229 October 14th, 2021 09:47 AM

Garand Thumb goes over this VITYAZ. Russia's MP5. Pretty bad ass.

If someone could figure out which of this >>>>v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s to put between the YT brackets, that would be swell. I tried deciphering all combinations but couldn't get it. Sometimes there's extra bits and pieces in it and this seems to have them.

Meanwhile, here's the full link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s

StanleyJobson October 14th, 2021 09:49 AM

I thought all things manufactured from Russia are banned for import entirely. It would be almost impossible to get one of those although they are awesome!

TinCuda October 14th, 2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaster229 (Post 6449767)
Garand Thumb goes over this VITYAZ. Russia's MP5. Pretty bad ass.

If someone could figure out which of this >>>>v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s to put between the YT brackets, that would be swell. I tried deciphering all combinations but couldn't get it. Sometimes there's extra bits and pieces in it and this seems to have them.

Meanwhile, here's the full link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s

Here you go...




Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJobson (Post 6449771)
I thought all things manufactured from Russia are banned for import entirely. It would be almost impossible to get one of those although they are awesome!

This is actually a KALASHNIKOV USA KP-9. From what I have read, it is a USA made, pretty close copy of the Russian Vityaz.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/...lashnikov-usa/

StanleyJobson October 14th, 2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinCuda (Post 6449786)
This is actually a KALASHNIKOV USA KP-9. From what I have read, it is a USA made, pretty close copy of the Russian Vityaz.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/...lashnikov-usa/

Interesting and the same price of the PSA no less. I doubt it's on Maryland's approved list though.... :sad20:

StanleyJobson October 14th, 2021 10:09 AM

Oh wait I see it is on the roster! It's approved.
Now the question is can you actually find and buy one?

KP-9 KP-9 (SKU #), N/A 9 mm

namelessname120 October 14th, 2021 05:39 PM

Saw the kp-9 at Engage Armament few days ago .

ST19AG_WGreymon October 15th, 2021 01:36 AM

It's funny to see this thread come back up. I never got the AK-V and got the KP-9 instead, I had to submit it to the roster way back with the help of my FFL. I ended up getting the first one in MD at least. I highly recommend the KP-9 over the AK-V.

For the reasons being:
It's a 1:1 clone of the Russian Vityaz based on the actual TDPs
It has an out of battery safety
It has a 5.5mm folding rear trunnion which adds a bit of value, especially if you decide to add Zenitco parts or other mods.
Softer recoiling than the AK-V and Scorpion

https://i.imgur.com/L4pz160.jpg?1

Here it is running with a tri-lugged Form 1 suppressor with 5 rounds of supers and subs
https://imgur.com/QnIjYO3

TinCuda October 15th, 2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST19AG_WGreymon (Post 6450408)
It's funny to see this thread come back up. I never got the AK-V and got the KP-9 instead, I had to submit it to the roster way back with the help of my FFL. I ended up getting the first one in MD at least. I highly recommend the KP-9 over the AK-V.

For the reasons being:
It's a 1:1 clone of the Russian Vityaz based on the actual TDPs
It has an out of battery safety
It has a 5.5mm folding rear trunnion which adds a bit of value, especially if you decide to add Zenitco parts or other mods.
Softer recoiling than the AK-V and Scorpion



Here it is running with a tri-lugged Form 1 suppressor with 5 rounds of supers and subs

I keep going back and forth on the PSA AK-V and the KP-9.

The KP-9 has had better all around reviews and is the closer Russian Vityaz clone.

But, the KP-9 uses proprietary magazines and the AK-V uses Scorpion mags.

That is hard to overlook. There are multiple mag manufactures plus drums etc. for the scorpion style. I can't see running out of those. Scorpion magazines have had issues from some manufactures but the magazine quality will improve with aftermarket companies.

My point is that Scorpion magazines will likely be easy to get for a long time, especially due to many firearms are using them.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud. I am leaning toward the KP-9 right now. It's not super high on my priorities at this point. Lot's of them are still available on GB for list price.

.,

TinCuda October 15th, 2021 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
.
I built this little 9mm a few years back for just in case I got into a firefight in a phone booth.

It's a PAK-9 with a few upgrades. It takes Glock magazines.

.,


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2021, Congregate Media, LP