Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   NFA/Class 3/Title II (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   current ATF wait time (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=23516)

midcountyg August 23rd, 2009 09:41 PM

current ATF wait time

I finally got the paper work back to transfer a suppressor I sold. WOW! a little over 6 months :sad20: Anyone know if the wait times are improving and getting close to normal again? That seems to be a bit excessive, and makes it hard to sell NFA items when you tell people the wait could be over 6 months. Oh yeah, the LEO sign off was done locally in one day, so no MSP wait included in that time.

crfakm4 August 24th, 2009 02:23 AM

Wow. I am waiting on my form 4 to come back. I was hoping the 3 1/2 months I have been waiting would be the most.

6 months? Daayum...

CKOD August 24th, 2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crfakm4 (Post 373367)
Wow. I am waiting on my form 4 to come back. I was hoping the 3 1/2 months I have been waiting would be the most.

6 months? Daayum...

6 months does sound quite long, mine went pending on the 8th of july, a little over 2 months, and I'm currently waiting on FBI to get back with the fingerprint results. I'm alredy in the fingerprint database for work, they just need to make sure the ones on the card match the ones in the DB and make sure I havent been up to any shens in the last 2 years. I'm hoping my transfer will be < 4 months.

midcountyg August 24th, 2009 04:57 PM

I know a month or so of that was them wanting a citizenship form, which I think is crazy when the person was born in the US(stated on the form 4) and still lives in the US(also on the form 4). It shouldn't take that long, and I wonder if they are just trying to discourage NFA purchases by making the wait unreasonable.

Kharn August 25th, 2009 10:46 AM

Its not that the examiner is spending 6 weeks looking at your form, he/she only spends about five minutes on it. The issue is the backlog of the 100k+ forms ahead of you in line, each waiting for their five minutes.

Apone August 25th, 2009 02:18 PM

Yep. I'm on 4 months now and counting. My app has been assigned an examiner, and I spoke to her last week - my app isn't even on her desk yet. I'm guessing another 2 months.

4MDGunRights August 26th, 2009 09:58 AM

Recently obtained suppressor Form 4 paperwork done on trust took 4 1/2 months.

ar15dave August 26th, 2009 12:34 PM

Mine went in around mid June. Check cashed June 30th.

Will check on it if I dont hear anything by the end of Sept.

Have no idea who to call or what to ask for as this is my first.

Dave

Fustercluck August 29th, 2009 09:03 AM

Sent in a form 4 in mid-March for a 'can. Local LEO sign-off, so no MSP delay. Went pending 6/5. Still waiting. The chick at NFA said that 5-6 months is the norm right now, when I finally got spooked and called them last week. Avoided the trust route. As they say, a patient man's game.

Ak44 September 15th, 2009 05:20 PM

Gave my paperwork to MSP in Jan, got it back late Feb. Sent it off to ATF and got it back mid Aug.