Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Curio and Relic (C&R) (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   CMP 1911's (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=223418)

hi3cho May 3rd, 2018 08:40 AM

CMP 1911's
 
I am not on the CMP Forums, what is the status of the CMP 1911's, has anyone heard of the prices they will be asking?

Mightydog May 3rd, 2018 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Go to the CMP website under sales. Select 1911s and you will see a link for updates to be emailed. I havenít had any updates either.

hi3cho May 3rd, 2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightydog (Post 5201067)
Go to the CMP website under sales. Select 1911s and you will see a link for updates to be emailed. I havenít had any updates either.

I saw that update a few months ago. I was wondering if anyone had heard any rumblings or rumors of price or timeline. I know the CMP forums usually have some good information but I am not on there and I believe some of the members here are.

Clifjr May 3rd, 2018 01:33 PM

Just glancing thru the CMP forum, I see nothing new about the 1911’s. The sticky post in the ask CMP thread hasn’t had a new post since January.

Rob1035 May 7th, 2018 01:21 PM

I saw a while ago that they were selling 1911 magazines, but those have been absent from the CMP store for a while now. I wonder if they pulled them until they have the 1911s ready to go?

mcbruzdzinski May 7th, 2018 04:06 PM

At the 2018 NRA Annual Meeting there was a session on CMP. Part if it was a discussion of the 1911 distribution. According to the speaker, the early models (WWI/II vintage) will go to auction. The remaining are mostly 1970-1980 models that have been refurbished by the U.S. Army Anniston Depot. The pictures of the 1911A1s appeared to be in excellent condition. Most of the ones he saw were Ithaca. CMP will be accepting requests for the lottery in June or July (I forgot the date) for 8000 (legislation stated this was the minimum amount to be released for this year). The big fear is that if a Democratic majority wins in Congress, the current legislation can be amended and rather than ordering the release of the surplus 1911s, any new legislation will require that they be destroyed. Alternatively, new legislation could order the U.S. Army to release all of the remaining 1911 surplus to CMP or throttle it like this year.

kyserthehun May 7th, 2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbruzdzinski (Post 5204986)
mostly 1970-1980 models that have been refurbished by the U.S. Army Anniston Depot

Ehh, I just lost a lot of enthusiasm.

dist1646 May 7th, 2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbruzdzinski (Post 5204986)
At the 2018 NRA Annual Meeting there was a session on CMP. Part if it was a discussion of the 1911 distribution. According to the speaker, the early models (WWI/II vintage) will go to auction. The remaining are mostly 1970-1980 models that have been refurbished by the U.S. Army Anniston Depot. The pictures of the 1911A1s appeared to be in excellent condition. Most of the ones he saw were Ithaca. CMP will be accepting requests for the lottery in June or July (I forgot the date) for 8000 (legislation stated this was the minimum amount to be released for this year). The big fear is that if a Democratic majority wins in Congress, the current legislation can be amended and rather than ordering the release of the surplus 1911s, any new legislation will require that they be destroyed. Alternatively, new legislation could order the U.S. Army to release all of the remaining 1911 surplus to CMP or throttle it like this year.

Considering that no major purchases of 1911's were made subsequent to WWII and that most have been rebuilt at some time, I have to wonder if the speaker had his facts straight. I would not hold my breath waiting for any kind of really good deals to be had from CMP. Still, one can hope for dreams to come true!

somd_mustangs May 7th, 2018 07:04 PM

Yeah, I would think he meant refurbished in the 1970's and 1980's using the frames from military procurement of WW2 and earlier, maybe with later slides & parts?
The chances of there being any all-correct guns are pretty slim. The chances they'll go to the general lottery vice auction are non-existent.

Mike OTDP May 7th, 2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dist1646 (Post 5205121)
Considering that no major purchases of 1911's were made subsequent to WWII and that most have been rebuilt at some time, I have to wonder if the speaker had his facts straight. I would not hold my breath waiting for any kind of really good deals to be had from CMP.

Really good, no. Comparable to a CMP Garand, priced about 10% below gun show prices? Quite possible.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP