Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Preppers (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=283)
-   -   Best coffee preps? (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=243202)

Alphabrew March 21st, 2020 08:51 AM

Best coffee preps?

1 Attachment(s)
Obviously storing canned coffee is a good idea, but I am mostly a k-cup drinker and storing k-cups takes a lot of room. I got a couple bottles of this Folgers instant coffee and I have to say itís not bad at all.

Looks like thereís some good pour-over coffee pots for camping and such that would be good to make fresh brewed coffee in a power outage.

What say ye on coffee prepping?

Blaster229 March 21st, 2020 08:54 AM

You can freeze whole coffee beans for about 2 years. Just get a grinder. That's the best prep.

EarnestT March 21st, 2020 09:01 AM

I can drink any kind of coffee but prefer pour over. I have multiple coffee makers and rotate them. As for prepping I havenít give it much thought but will investigate storage of beans etc. I will try that instant you show.

Huckleberry March 21st, 2020 09:02 AM

Percolator. From stove top to campfire, it always brews a good cup of coffee.

WTF has time dealing with French presses, pour-over carafes and other silliness? Don’t have time to be a coffee snob either with these boutique roast and blends either. Maxwell House is still the best. May buy Cafe Du Monde when I can get it for $3.99 at H Mart

EarnestT March 21st, 2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huckleberry (Post 5825343)

WTF has time dealing with French presses, pour-over carafes and other silliness? Donít have time to be a coffee snob either with these boutique roast and blends either. Maxwell House is still the best. May buy Cafe Du Monde when I can get it for $3.99 at H Mart

Pour over is time consuming but I like it. Just bought a new electric pot that simulates pour over. It is doing well. Maxwell House was my momís go to but I havenít drank it in years. My brother serves instant only at his house no pot to be found.

ccarson March 21st, 2020 09:16 AM

a camping french press if you can boil water you can have coffee

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/gsi-...h-coffee-press

Blaster229 March 21st, 2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huckleberry (Post 5825343)

WTF has time dealing with French presses, pour-over carafes and other silliness? Donít have time to be a coffee snob either with these boutique roast and blends either. Maxwell House is still the best. May buy Cafe Du Monde when I can get it for $3.99 at H Mart

A French press is easy. Coffee in cup, pour hot water in, set a couple minutes, and press the inserted screen down. Drink right out of the cup of you have a cup press.

Alphabrew March 21st, 2020 09:39 AM

Good camp coffee video from a respected MDS member

Huckleberry March 21st, 2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaster229 (Post 5825383)
A French press is easy. Coffee in cup, pour hot water in, set a couple minutes, and press the inserted screen down. Drink right out of the cup of you have a cup press.

As compared to put water in pot, put appropriate amount of coffee in basket then close lid and place on heat source. Wait until the last perc then take pot off fire and pour in cup.

And you can serve all your camp buddies at the same time unless you all like sitting around and watching your coffee seep.

Pour Over and French Press is just more hipster mumbo jumbo.

Now when it comes to Tea, you should know as a retired FAM that TWA Tea is the best tea to enjoy.

Blaster229 March 21st, 2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huckleberry (Post 5825446)
As compared to put water in pot, put appropriate amount of coffee in basket then close lid and place on heat source. Wait until the last perc then take pot off fire and pour in cup.

And you can serve all your camp buddies at the same time unless you all like sitting around and watching your coffee seep.

Pour Over and French Press is just more hipster mumbo jumbo.

I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee. I don't need to make 14 gallons a day. I have 1, maybe 2 cups during the morning.