Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Outdoor Sports (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2017-18 Bambi wacking thread (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=212895)

67temp July 21st, 2017 07:18 AM

2017-18 Bambi wacking thread

1 Attachment(s)
Might as well get this thread started now.

I'm a fair weather hunter, but I consider fair weather between 0-110f or days that end in Y.

One of my farms, we hunt crop damage in july. It gives the fawns enough time to get weaned. This year we are stopping Aug 6th. It gives the deer a chance to relax for a month before the season opens and we hammer them again.

I signed into the area I was hunting then drove to the gate I was going in. Got my gear on. Hung out and chatted with my father for a few minutes. Walked back to the area I was hunting. I sat down and was using my range finder when a doe came running out of the corn and stopped in the opening. You can see in the video that I had to cycle the action due to a misfire. Tracked the 60 yds she went, drag her out and gut her. Walk back to my truck. Drive to get and load her up. Then back to the place I need to sign out. Total time from sign in to out was 55 mins.

Mike3888 July 21st, 2017 07:50 AM

Nice job Temp, see ya got your camera running.

67temp July 21st, 2017 08:02 AM

Yeah you can see I forgot to turn the camera off at the end of the video. I also need to find some video editing program. In the 2 second lag before the video actually started recording I had already adjusted the zoom on my scope, settled in for the shot and had the misfire. It would be better just to keep it recording it all the time then edit the video to only show the action.

Mike3888 July 21st, 2017 08:32 AM

It takes getting use too for sure, I've got busted turning mine on.

j_h_smith July 21st, 2017 08:40 AM

Yum, fresh deer on the grill.

Inigoes July 21st, 2017 09:40 AM

49 more days

49 more days

engineerbrian July 23rd, 2017 09:48 AM

I love this thread.

Man, dealing with deer in this heat must be tough. Do you have a walk in cooler?

balttigger July 23rd, 2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 4872097)
Yeah you can see I forgot to turn the camera off at the end of the video. I also need to find some video editing program. In the 2 second lag before the video actually started recording I had already adjusted the zoom on my scope, settled in for the shot and had the misfire. It would be better just to keep it recording it all the time then edit the video to only show the action.

Try Windows Movie Maker. It's a free download from Microsoft. Very basic but it does allow trimming and cutting.

Glaron July 23rd, 2017 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted this elsewhere, but it belongs here.

GunnyHwy July 23rd, 2017 11:49 AM

2nd season for my 10yr old daughter. She has a crossbow now. Hoping she can get one early this year.