Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   The Depot (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Walmart ammo? (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=258542)

Baldheaded July 21st, 2021 09:42 PM

Walmart ammo?

Does anyone know if Walmart is planning to start stocking ammo again? I am hoping they will at least start stocking 22lr again.

Kmic14 July 21st, 2021 09:54 PM

I've found ammo at several Wal mart locations over the past few months.

I found the 22lr 325 CT Federal Range pack for $17.78

Baldheaded July 21st, 2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmic14 (Post 6376367)
I've found ammo at several Wal mart locations over the past few months.

I found the 22lr 325 CT Federal Range pack for $17.78

That's the stuff I like shooting. And a price I like. Would you share the locations of the stores you found it?

135sohc July 21st, 2021 09:59 PM

It is coming in, just in small random batches.

kaliroger July 21st, 2021 10:14 PM

I walk in every time I am near one, and occasionally I get lucky and get two boxes of whatever 22 LR they have, they also usually will have some shotgun ammo as well. Good thing with Walmart is that they have not jacked up the prices, which is very odd and leads me to think that everyone else that does have ammo and is charging high prices is scalping us!(

Biggfoot44 July 21st, 2021 10:36 PM

It's come up before about a year ago in the early stages of the current panic .

The huge big box stores have multi year fixed contracts .So they're recieving the pre scheduled deliveries at the pre set costs , at least until expiration of previous contracts .

wilcam47 July 21st, 2021 10:40 PM

Any that hits the shelves doesnt last long so you gotta be there at the right time

lazarus July 22nd, 2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaliroger (Post 6376386)
I walk in every time I am near one, and occasionally I get lucky and get two boxes of whatever 22 LR they have, they also usually will have some shotgun ammo as well. Good thing with Walmart is that they have not jacked up the prices, which is very odd and leads me to think that everyone else that does have ammo and is charging high prices is scalping us!(

Yes, to a degree. But the manufacturers have had 1-2 price increases (depending on the manufacturer) largely to do labor cost increases (lots of over time shifts to keep up) and raw materials cost increases. So manufacturer prices are generally up between 20-40% depending on the ammo in question.

Many retailers are of course at or above those markups from 2 years ago, but those prices are generally coming down. A place like Walmart where ammo is like .005% of their revenue can easily take a hit for selling at or below cost. A place where it might be 1-5% of revenue and had a hard time getting supply might need some markup to retain profitability. A place that might have 20-100% of their revenue being ammo sales related and where supply has been hit or miss for them might need significant markups to retain profitability.

Kmic14 July 22nd, 2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldheaded (Post 6376368)
That's the stuff I like shooting. And a price I like. Would you share the locations of the stores you found it?

I found it at Perry Hall and Bel Air. You just gotta be good about checking regularly cuz they don't really have a set day or know when it's coming.

Kmic14 July 22nd, 2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 (Post 6376396)
The huge big box stores have multi year fixed contracts .So they're recieving the pre scheduled deliveries at the pre set costs , at least until expiration of previous contracts .

Exactly this.