Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Southern Maryland (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Shooting Range (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=257683)

ENDuRUN June 14th, 2021 10:30 PM

Shooting Range
 
Saw in another thread that Myrtle Grove might be a little out of control at times. What is your favorite SoMD range besides Myrtle Grove?

Capt Skup June 17th, 2021 10:52 AM

Flat Broke, south of the base

Vodnik4 June 17th, 2021 02:24 PM

Second Flat Broke. Nice clean friendly, attentive RSOs. I never had to wait to get a lane.
The only disadvantage is they only have 50yard lanes.
Fred’s in Waldorf is another option, they are busier though.

byf43 July 9th, 2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodnik4 (Post 6345257)
Second Flat Broke. Nice clean friendly, attentive RSOs. I never had to wait to get a lane.
The only disadvantage is they only have 50yard lanes.
Fredís in Waldorf is another option, they are busier though.


I'm pretty sure Flat Broke has 25 yard range.

Vodnik4 July 9th, 2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byf43 (Post 6364668)
I'm pretty sure Flat Broke has 25 yard range.

Derp. You are absolutely correct.
(I was probably thinking of MD Small Arms ó they have 50yard lanes).

KronicMigraine July 15th, 2021 10:31 AM

I go to Myrtle as often as I can, never had an issue or seen one.

Trumpet July 15th, 2021 04:57 PM

Speaking of S. MD ranges, is there any possibility in the near future of SCSC ever getting an outdoor rifle range again?

buellsfurn July 15th, 2021 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet (Post 6370737)
Speaking of S. MD ranges, is there any possibility in the near future of SCSC ever getting an outdoor rifle range again?

Not sure I still hear about property obtained in Indian Head I think. Also just saw today the Middleton build with indoor range is empty and for sale and auction signs out front

Trumpet July 15th, 2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buellsfurn (Post 6370838)
Not sure I still hear about property obtained in Indian Head I think. Also just saw today the Middleton build with indoor range is empty and for sale and auction signs out front

Again? Jeez. When SCSC lost their outdoor range, I stuck it out for another couple years, but then resigned (in good standing) my membership. Fishing and hunting don't really interest me. All I really wanted was a place to shoot rifles...

Mdeng July 16th, 2021 12:17 PM

Get a membership at Sanners Lake or Northern Virginia Gun Club. You will need a sponsor for either club.

K-43 July 18th, 2021 12:12 PM

SCSC is done.
The majority on the Board let a non professional attempt to rewrite the lease offered to relocate the outdoor range against the advice of legal council. And failed.
The majority of the Board refused to believe SCSC would be held accountable for lead cleanup on the old outdoor range and then refused to accept the research on the cost of said cleanup. Result - broke the bank for lack of planning.
As long as the officers and Board continue to believe the good old boy handshake trumps contracts and corporate interests, there will be no path forward. Even the sale of the building is controlled by an charter with the Knights of Columbus as to how any potential proceeds realized will be distributed. SCSC won't get any cash out of it.

buellsfurn July 18th, 2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-43 (Post 6372835)
SCSC is done.
The majority on the Board let a non professional attempt to rewrite the lease offered to relocate the outdoor range against the advice of legal council. And failed.
The majority of the Board refused to believe SCSC would be held accountable for lead cleanup on the old outdoor range and then refused to accept the research on the cost of said cleanup. Result - broke the bank for lack of planning.
As long as the officers and Board continue to believe the good old boy handshake trumps contracts and corporate interests, there will be no path forward. Even the sale of the building is controlled by an charter with the Knights of Columbus as to how any potential proceeds realized will be distributed. SCSC won't get any cash out of it.

Sad I tried to become a member years ago glad It didn't happen. Joined Sanners and never looked back

Trumpet July 18th, 2021 02:26 PM

Yeah, I'm going to have to take a look at Sanners and Ft. Meade

byf43 July 21st, 2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-43 (Post 6372835)
SCSC is done.
The majority on the Board let a non professional attempt to rewrite the lease offered to relocate the outdoor range against the advice of legal council. And failed.
The majority of the Board refused to believe SCSC would be held accountable for lead cleanup on the old outdoor range and then refused to accept the research on the cost of said cleanup. Result - broke the bank for lack of planning.
As long as the officers and Board continue to believe the good old boy handshake trumps contracts and corporate interests, there will be no path forward. Even the sale of the building is controlled by an charter with the Knights of Columbus as to how any potential proceeds realized will be distributed. SCSC won't get any cash out of it.

Source of that statement in bold?????

Knights of Columbus are NO part of that building, and haven't been, since before breaking ground for the foundation.

Also, the lead abatement was paid for (by contract) and we held our end of the contract. Period.

Lastly, I won't 'air' any more laundry of SCSC, here.

Harrys July 21st, 2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byf43 (Post 6364668)
I'm pretty sure Flat Broke has 25 yard range.

Yup 25 yards

135sohc July 21st, 2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdeng (Post 6371343)
Get a membership at Sanners Lake or Northern Virginia Gun Club. You will need a sponsor for either club.

Minor correction. SLSC has not had the sponsor requirement for many years now.

traveller July 21st, 2021 09:18 AM

Dont go to Myrtle Grove on saturday morning or weekday evenings just before closing time.

If you go mid-day during the week, it tends to be quiet and you will mostly encounter other shooters who are courteous and safety minded.

Trumpet July 21st, 2021 09:21 AM

Is MG 100 yards?

Mdeng July 21st, 2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-43 (Post 6372835)
SCSC is done.
The majority on the Board let a non professional attempt to rewrite the lease offered to relocate the outdoor range against the advice of legal council. And failed.
The majority of the Board refused to believe SCSC would be held accountable for lead cleanup on the old outdoor range and then refused to accept the research on the cost of said cleanup. Result - broke the bank for lack of planning.
As long as the officers and Board continue to believe the good old boy handshake trumps contracts and corporate interests, there will be no path forward. Even the sale of the building is controlled by an charter with the Knights of Columbus as to how any potential proceeds realized will be distributed. SCSC won't get any cash out of it.

Sounds like you have no actual first hand knowledge of SCSC and its operations.

Mdeng July 21st, 2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 135sohc (Post 6375667)
Minor correction. SLSC has not had the sponsor requirement for many years now.

Cool I did not realize they dropped the requirement.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2021, Congregate Media, LP