Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Southern Maryland (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Shooting Range (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=257683)

ST19AG_WGreymon July 21st, 2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet (Post 6375680)
Is MG 100 yards?

Yes.

135sohc July 21st, 2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet (Post 6375680)
Is MG 100 yards?

Yes.

Other than private setups there is nothing more than 100 yards for open public/club use in SOMD at this time.

The future SLSC operation in Calvert has the potential for 300-400 yards if the land layout is as good as it appears to be on the surface :fingerscrossed:. But that is still some time away from anything happening.

Trumpet July 21st, 2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 135sohc (Post 6375815)
Yes.

Other than private setups there is nothing more than 100 yards for open public/club use in SOMD at this time.

The future SLSC operation in Calvert has the potential for 300-400 yards if the land layout is as good as it appears to be on the surface :fingerscrossed:. But that is still some time away from anything happening.

Oooooohhhh....any more info on THAT?

byf43 July 21st, 2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdeng (Post 6375741)
Sounds like you have no actual first hand knowledge of SCSC and its operations.

Yup. Spot on assessment. Especially his comment about 'breaking the bank'. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D

135sohc July 21st, 2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet (Post 6375940)
Oooooohhhh....any more info on THAT?

I am not involved with it, just getting the little updates here and there from the monthly meetings of which I have not been able to attend since march. The distances that were mentioned in a prior membership meeting were strictly estimates and nothing by any means set in stone.

If you intend to be in the area and want to pursue it, getting on the wait list would not be a bad idea.

DaveP July 21st, 2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdeng (Post 6375742)
Cool I did not realize they dropped the requirement.

Hey stranger!
Hope all is well.

My kids learned a LOT at Middleton and had fun, thanks to you and many others giving of their time.
Hell, I had fun too!

Back on topic, went to MG mid week, mid day, recently and had folks waiting.

Ammo shortage, LOL!

buellsfurn July 21st, 2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 135sohc (Post 6376023)
I am not involved with it, just getting the little updates here and there from the monthly meetings of which I have not been able to attend since march. The distances that were mentioned in a prior membership meeting were strictly estimates and nothing by any means set in stone.

If you intend to be in the area and want to pursue it, getting on the wait list would not be a bad idea.

edit deleted

Mr.Culper July 21st, 2021 08:26 PM

Hmm,
Where in Calvert are they looking? North, south, PF ?
how many years out are they talking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 135sohc (Post 6375815)
Yes.

Mdeng July 21st, 2021 08:58 PM

I will warn the members of SLSC not to give any more information on a public forum. All it takes is for the wrong person to get wind of the project to cause it to get shut down or have the rug pulled out from under the club. I have seen it happen more than once. I am no longer a member of SLSC but want to see the club work towards it's goals.

buellsfurn July 21st, 2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdeng (Post 6376332)
I will warn the members of SLSC not to give any more information on a public forum. All it takes is for the wrong person to get wind of the project to cause it to get shut down or have the rug pulled out from under the club. I have seen it happen more than once. I am no longer a member of SLSC but want to see the club work towards it's goals.

gotcha