Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Curio and Relic (C&R) (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   How long is the wait to get the C&R license now? (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=231616)

NeutronBlu January 17th, 2019 07:54 PM

How long is the wait to get the C&R license now?

Anyone know how long it is taking now to get the license? If I remember correctly it took about 30 days to get mine six years ago. My friend has been waiting over six weeks and still no license. Is the partial government shutdown affecting the time it takes for a new license? I renewed mine the same day he applied for a new one and got my renewal in less than 30 days.

lazarus January 17th, 2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutronBlu (Post 5449182)
Anyone know how long it is taking now to get the license? If I remember correctly it took about 30 days to get mine six years ago. My friend has been waiting over six weeks and still no license. Is the partial government shutdown affecting the time it takes for a new license? I renewed mine the same day he applied for a new one and got my renewal in less than 30 days.

Yes. The licensing division is more or less shut down from what I have heard. ATF is part of Justice who are furloughed.

Back in March I applied and got mine in about 7/8 weeks. Around 3/20 to about 5/15 or so.

jmike3543 January 21st, 2019 12:42 AM

Not accounting for the shutdown the waiting times are usually around 2-4 months depending on the weather.

JimNorth January 21st, 2019 04:31 AM

They're not completely shut down because my credit card was charged a week after sending the form this month.

swinokur January 21st, 2019 06:14 AM

Credit card processing is done by a bank, not ATF

I renewed last month It was right around 30 days.

JimNorth January 21st, 2019 10:22 AM

Just curious: are you saying a bank opens mail to ATF's PO box, then processes the contents sufficiently to then process the credit card payment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinokur (Post 5452349)
Credit card processing is done by a bank, not ATF

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNorth (Post 5452345)
They're not completely shut down because my credit card was charged a week after sending the form this month.

swinokur January 21st, 2019 10:39 AM

I know BATFE Form 4’s go to Atlanta for CC processing, then forwarded to Martinsburg for NFA processing. I assumed the same kind of thing for FFL 03 processing.

Perhaps I’m wrong

rseymorejr January 21st, 2019 10:48 AM

Maybe they use a payment processing center, like hospitals do? They receive and process payments and then forward the info to their client.

swinokur January 21st, 2019 10:52 AM

That would be my assumption Form 4 s are handled that way. Form 1s go directly to Martinsburg for processing

JimNorth January 21st, 2019 11:15 AM

I believe mine is a Form 7. I did send it to Atlanta, GA. Since there's potentially sensitive information included, I was surprised that a bank or other payment processing center was the envelope's first stop.