Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   National 2A Issues (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   8 Minutes........ (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=245044)

johnkn May 19th, 2020 07:47 PM

8 Minutes........
 
8 Minutes.

Walk into Bedford PA courthouse building, go to door marked “Sheriff”, hand girl behind the counter a 1-page CCW application and $20, have picture taken, receive CCW card, walk out. Start to finish, 8 minutes........ good for 5 years. God bless them...


.

Skipjacks May 19th, 2020 07:54 PM

The strict Constitutionalist in me says that is 8 minutes too long

The pragmatist in me says that is a good model of efficient government

The Marylander in me says that is the single most amazing thing ever and it makes me want to salute

squaregrouper May 19th, 2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipjacks (Post 5900829)
The strict Constitutionalist in me says that is 8 minutes too long

The pragmatist in me says that is a good model of efficient government

The Marylander in me says that is the single most amazing thing ever and it makes me want to salute

The Ron Swanson in me says that is efficient government work, but it is still government work.

johnkn May 19th, 2020 08:27 PM

Well, in her defense she was multitasking and helping another person at the same time. :)

Tungsten May 19th, 2020 09:39 PM

.... I hate this state...... I would definitely move back to America if the reparations weren't so damn good here.

Captain Waggles May 19th, 2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnkn (Post 5900820)
8 Minutes.

Walk into Bedford PA courthouse building, go to door marked “Sheriff”, hand girl behind the counter a 1-page CCW application and $20, have picture taken, receive CCW card, walk out. Start to finish, 8 minutes........ good for 5 years. God bless them...


.

Yeah yeah rub it in for us Marylanders. A coworker of mine did that also as soon as he moved to Littlestown and got his PA drivers license. Just walked into his local sheriff's office and walked out with a CC for self defense. If only it was just as easy for us less unfortunate

johnkn May 20th, 2020 12:02 AM

I live in Maryland...... just stating how easy things are in other states and how they should be here.

miles71 May 20th, 2020 01:32 PM

Sent my renewal stuff to York about two weeks ago, they cashed the check but I havent heard back from them yet.
TD

BlueHeeler May 20th, 2020 02:15 PM

As it should be. :thumbsup:

DadOSix May 21st, 2020 05:51 AM

Great to hear!

Spektek May 23rd, 2020 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miles71 (Post 5901478)
Sent my renewal stuff to York about two weeks ago, they cashed the check but I havent heard back from them yet.
TD

Give them a total of 30 days. Unfortunately everything I've seen Yorks courts and sheriffs office handle a whole lot more volume than what they are staffed to do. Their population in the area has boomed in the past 20 years. Let alone the past 10 years.

Back in 2011 my first process with them was pretty speedy. No where near 8 minutes but still I didn't mind the wait. Once my Application was filled out, check cashed and once they approved it, I went in, signed some papers , gave them a few other things
And was out in my car with my permit in hand all in less than 45 minutes.

Quick note: They will cash your check no matter what even if they end up denying your permit. As it covers paperwork/application cost/employee time used to process it.

Jimbob2.0 May 23rd, 2020 01:22 AM

Good reason to move home.

Mr H May 23rd, 2020 06:26 PM

Reminds me... I need to renew my Utah...

I think VA is in my future, too.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP