• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have written a gun inventory and ammo inventory program. it allows you to keep track of guns, their serial numbers, a picture and notes about each gun and allows you to print a record should you need to.

I made this after my house got broken into. No guns stolen but realized I had nothing to give police in case one was stolen. I keep it on a thumb drive in a seperate location.

Let me know what you think and if there are any issues. it is not fancy but it is free and it works.

Get it here!!

Dave

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Dave, this is very cool of you, the Program looks great, but I did notice one problem. If you create a record for a weapon and do not include a photo it gives you an error whenever you try and access that record in the future. Now I cannot figure out how to delete that record with out getting that error. I love the layout of the program, great design and BTW I am using Vista.

Attachments

• Software.jpg
      Software.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 1,858

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    My bad i forgot to include the N/A.BMP file in the ZIP. Give me a sec. This needs to go in a subdirectory called pics.

Give me a sec....sorry.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Dave, this is very cool of you, the Program looks great, but I did notice one problem. If you create a record for a weapon and do not include a photo it gives you an error whenever you try and access that record in the future. Now I cannot figure out how to delete that record with out getting that error. I love the layout of the program, great design and BTW I am using Vista.
    View attachment 3881
    :shrug:

Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK, it appears that all you need to do is create a sub folder in the directoy where you installed the program called pics and put the na.bmp file in that directory and you should be fine.

I uploaded a new ZIP file with the subdirectory and the file in it as well as a READMEFirst file to help with installations. For some reason it will not create the "pics" subdirectory from the ZIP file so you will need to create that on your own after the install is complete and copy the NA.bmp file into it.

Dave

Last edited:

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    thats prety cool. i set up a excel sheet for this purpose. i also include what i paid for each firearm. its sad how much ive spent :)

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yeah I kind of left that out so i would not go into cardiac-arrest over the money I have spent, but there is a comments section you can add that in there. I just like the print feature (in case one comes up missing).

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Cool program. I noticed that when you hit the X at the top right - it will close for about 3 seconds then the program reopens. The only way to exit is the EXIT button at the bottom.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Sell it to the .gov. If Barry gets in, they'll need it for universal firearm registration and confiscation. :p

I'm gonna put this on my PC at home...I need to start keeping track of my weapons.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Suggestion...

What about adding something about target shooting? Maybe be able to enter date, ammo, distance and how many shots at which rings for each gun? Then it could generate a graph for you showing progress (or not) in how you are shooting for each gun.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    Yeah I have tried this program. Not bad but I wanted something a little easier to use.

There is a glitch in his when you click on the add you cannot get out of the window unless you add a serial number. You cannot even close the window. At least that is the issue I ran into. Good program though.

Dave

I just wanted to make you aware of it Dave ............I've never tried to use it tho. :)

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yeah I tried it though. Couple of times. Pretty cool I guess. Definitely not knocking it.

Please let me know what you think of my program.

Thanks!

Dave

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    awesome program dave! threw some guns and their photo's onto it. i originally had some trouble because of the missing "pics" directory but that was an easy fix. i like that it's so simple to update. i'm not sure what to put in the notes just yet. maybe a round count bar that you could update would be a nice feature for the guns part. after a range trip you could throw into it how many you fired and update the shot count. i know for my p99 i lost count somewhere around 3000ish and that would be neat to know and possibly easy to create within the program. good job though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom