Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #141
Half-cocked
Senior Half-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
The Baltimore Sun reporter investigating the MSP spy case has been notified.
You'll have to pardon me for being cynical, but unless this incident can somehow be blamed on Ehrlich, which is extemely unlikely given the info we have, the B.S. Is going to simply bury the story, or spin it in a way that supports the actions of the MSP and the current administration. The Sun is nothing but a propaganda tool for the democratic party.

"One will soon realize who they really are deep inside after months of pitiful, lonely, and pathetic self pleasure." -PESP, on breaking up.
Old August 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #142
navycrna
Smell My Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-cocked View Post
You'll have to pardon me for being cynical, but unless this incident can somehow be blamed on Ehrlich, which is extemely unlikely given the info we have, the B.S. Is going to simply bury the story, or spin it in a way that supports the actions of the MSP and the current administration. The Sun is nothing but a propaganda tool for the democratic party.
I would tend to agree. I don't really expect a whole lot from the Sun in regards to a fair and factual report.
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #143
Maryland_Shooter
Banned

Lawsuit time

Total bullshit
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #144
tpy77

Maybe the EXAMINER should be approached, since this could have ended like the Berwyn affair.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #145
IronicEnigma

Send a message via Yahoo to IronicEnigma
Hoping to be free the day of the Frosh hearings, want to go down there and stir the poo-pie with Frosh.

I am pretty sure some press will be there, so on one front we can win by exposing this in an official hearing, and if they don't want to hear it, find the press and make the argument that the hearings are a sham, that Frosh is willing to overlook law-abiding gun owners and how the MSP are lying to force compliance to run an illegal spying operation on lawful gun owners.

Old August 14th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #146
tpy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronicEnigma View Post
Hoping to be free the day of the Frosh hearings, want to go down there and stir the poo-pie with Frosh.

I am pretty sure some press will be there, so on one front we can win by exposing this in an official hearing, and if they don't want to hear it, find the press and make the argument that the hearings are a sham, that Frosh is willing to overlook law-abiding gun owners and how the MSP are lying to force compliance to run an illegal spying operation on lawful gun owners.
You might want to bring some handouts of the Newsweek article about the Berwyn business. That sort of thing stings when some of the legislators go to
conventions/meetings out of state and they're giving the "Free State" pitch. It ties in, as this could have become something similar.
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #147
GBMaryland

I wonder how they deal with reloading? Seriously, we can all buy tons of ammo in the mail... same with powder, bullets, etc...

Aside from the cost savings, I guess this is just another reason to reload.

Though it does make me think now... as I went to Bass Pro the other day and they indicated that the government has made them stop selling reloading gear. Humph. Now I'm wondering if that's in order to remove the loophole.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #148
LowRecoil
Federalist

Don't forget that there was an article out that the credit card companies must submit purchase info to the govt. Keep that in mind when buying online.

As for the victim at hand, I would strongly encourage him to contact Senator Alex Mooney. He has been one of the few MD Senators who is on the side of gun owners. His office could achieve more than the Baltimore Sun any day.

Do not think of moving out of state. You must stay and defend your rights before this spreads to other states.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #149
sbarber7973
Certified Fat Bastard

Great first post and Welcome !
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #150
biermkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRecoil View Post
Don't forget that there was an article out that the credit card companies must submit purchase info to the govt. Keep that in mind when buying online.

As for the victim at hand, I would strongly encourage him to contact Senator Alex Mooney. He has been one of the few MD Senators who is on the side of gun owners. His office could achieve more than the Baltimore Sun any day.

Do not think of moving out of state. You must stay and defend your rights before this spreads to other states.
I am with you 1000% on this.

Frederick County Ducks Unlimited

Insanely Healthy Energy, check it out:

Hawks- '34, '38, '61, '10, '13
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #151
RobG

In somewhat unrelated news, Ron Smith, WBAL talkshow host and recent addition to Baltimore Sun weekly column staff on Wednesdays, was provided this link, http://www.cato.org/raidmap/, to a map of botched police raids including injuries and deaths.

Thought I'd pass it along.
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #152
3rdRcn

Tier1 Short Bus Door Gnr

Another Harford Countian representin!

Welcome!
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #153
Andras

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRecoil View Post

FWIW, the credit card reporting is for PAYEEs only, and only for those who receive more then $10,000 in payments.
Old August 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #154
Decoy
MSI Executive Member

Any updates?
Old August 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #155
K31
You're Harshing My Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMaryland View Post
I wonder how they deal with reloading? Seriously, we can all buy tons of ammo in the mail... same with powder, bullets, etc...

Aside from the cost savings, I guess this is just another reason to reload.

Though it does make me think now... as I went to Bass Pro the other day and they indicated that the government has made them stop selling reloading gear. Humph. Now I'm wondering if that's in order to remove the loophole.
They know how much powder you buy already.

Bass Pro told me they stopped selling reloading gear because it wasn't moving. Why would the government make them stop selling dies and let them sell powder?

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

"The 'War on Poverty? Whose side are they on?" - Carl, caller to WMAL talk show
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #156
Spot77

Quote:
Originally Posted by K31 View Post
They know how much powder you buy already.

Bass Pro told me they stopped selling reloading gear because it wasn't moving. Why would the government make them stop selling dies and let them sell powder?
Just another case of an undertrained employee speaking of things he or she knows nothing about.

Some anti probably told that employee how dangerous it was to allow criminals to make their own ammo that couldn't be registered....
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #157
BraveUlysses

When I first read this thread I didn't know if I should take it with a grain of salt because its hard to believe things like this happpen. But after reading about the "Mayor and his dog" and reading some of the items in RobG's CATO LINK I'm astonished.

Here's another one that happend here in Baltimore City quoted from the CATO. They barged into his home WITH NO WARRANT and CONFISCATED ALL OF HIS GUNS. I verified this story via news reports with Google.

David Scheper and Sascha Wagner.

On August 18, 2005, police in Baltimore, Maryland force their way into the home of David Scheper and Sascha Wagner. Thinking they are being robbed, Wagner calls 911, telling the operator, "There's someone breaking into my house." Scheper slams the door on the officers, who never announce they are police.

The officers then shatter the glass on the home's front door. Scheper stands just inside, holding his 12-gauge shotgun. He doesn't have ammunition, but he hopes that racking the gun within earshot of the door would scare off what he still believes are intruders. When they don't leave, Scheper retreats to his basement, and grabs the only functioning weapon in his house, a CZ-52 semiautomatic, what he calls a "piece-of-junk Czechoslovakian pistol." As Scheper struggles to load the weapon, it accidentally discharges, sending a round into the floor of his basement.

Police would eventually enter, and seize $1,440 in cash Scheper says he had recently withdrawn to buy a used pickup truck. According to the Baltimore City Paper, police also "...hit a 70-year-old art-deco-style metal desk with an ax. They took 18 of Scheper's guns--mostly inoperable antiques, he says--and some gun-shaped props he had built for movies. 'They threatened to blow up my safe,' Scheper says, so he opened it for them."

The police had made an error. They also had no search warrant. They were looking for a tenant Scheper had evicted weeks earlier. Nevertheless, police still put Scheper's antique gun collection on display for the local news as part of a "roundup" of illegal weapons they'd found in two local raids.

The only charge to come of the police visit to Scheper's home was one against Scheper for firing the weapon in his basement, which carried a $1,000 fine and a year in prison. Prosecutors eventually dropped that charge, but only after Scheper's lawyer successfully fought to get Wagner's 911 call admitted as evidence, over the objection of prosecutors.

Source:

Edward Ericson, Jr., "Breakin? All the Rules; Prosecutor Drop Case Against Man Who Says Plainclothes Police Tried To Force Way Into His Home Without Warrant," Baltimore City Paper, December 21, 2005.

August 18, 2005
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #158
tankerman

Anymore updates to this story?
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #159
guthook
Grrr.

So it WAS Fred's. I guess MSP's got my ammo purchasing info too. At least it's for one I own. I haven't bought there since the incident I had with them logging my sale. What complete BS this is. Guess I better beef up my doors, bar the windows, get out my masks and wait for the SOD.

I'm going to invent the doorbell that sings, "You got a warrant?", to the tune of "We're in the money."

Nothing clever to read here. Move along.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #160
Magnum

This happened to that guy because of giving personal info when buying ammo from the dealer.
I know that the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy does not do this when buying ammo, but it got me thinking that why does the Gun Shack require drivers license and signature for buying gunpowder? Is this part of the same ruse that MSP is using? Or is this a state law for buying gunpowder?

Life NRA Member
GOA Member

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
Closed Thread

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues