• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Had a box of 350 or whatever at the range today, and thought I'd offer a little review for anyone considering it.

a6f8219a-b816-0f71.jpg

Ran it all through my sig 522 and savage mk ii fv-sr

Reliability: good, no failures to feed our eject, did have one click-no-bang from the savage that did not want to eject. Other than that one, everything went fine out of both guns.

Cleanliness: about average, doesn't seem any cleaner at a glance than cci blazer or the regular fed bulk, but I haven't cleaned the guns yet, so I may change my mind there.

Accuracy: this was where I was disappointed, I expected groups at 50 yards to be less than an inch out of that savage with "match" ammo. The best group I got was a hair under 1 1/2, but the average was about 2 from the rest. I regularly get smaller groups from cci blazer.

It was a similar story from the sig. Given, I was using a red dot with no magnification, but I could barely keep it under 3 inches from the bench.

Maybe my guns just don't like it, but I get much better out of both of those with much cheaper ammo.

Value: mediocre for what it does. I picked it up a month or so ago, so I dont remember exactly what I picked it up for, but I think something around 15 or something. Considering that there was no notable improvement over ammo that I pay the same for 500 rounds, I can't justify the price.

Summation: Not worth it to me. I was hoping for cheaper "match" ammo than wolf, that goes for 5 bucks per 50, or something like that, to see what the savage can do, and this didn't do anything special for me. So, if you want half decent, reliable, clean ammo that's very well priced, order some cci blazer and be happy. And if you want ammo that'll give you sub-moa groups on a beautiful, wind free day, save up, buy the good stuff.
    3 stars out of 5.

As with any ammo review, ESPECIALLY 22lr AMMO, YMMV, but just wanted to give my opinion.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for any typos, I did it all on my phone.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have four boxes of that stuff. My Ruger Mark II loves it, prints nice 1/2" groups at 10 yards standing. My wife's Walther P22 loves it, too. I haven't tried it out of my stock 10/22 yet. Way more reliable than any of the other bulk boxed .22 LR.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Any chance of doing a side by side photo of the fed automatch and cci blazer rounds? I've heard federal produced batches of the blazer that were basically relabeled automatches.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=369852

I bought several 525 bricks of blazer recently that were the federal.

I'll see if I saved any of the targets from today, it was mostly with the stick on birchwood casey ones. I just covered up the old ones as I went.

I shoot from the 500 count boxes of the cci usually.

Interesting thing, the only way I could even get those small groups was if I sent a couple rounds through first. First round after a reload wouldn't even print on the 3 inch targets, every single time. So weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom