• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Ok I want build a SBR AK and a SBR 9mm AR.... But in a month and a half I go to Beckley, WV for Physician Assistant school and won't be home for more then a few weeks at a time for the next 3 years. I will be living in a dorm, so taking firearms of any kind, much less EVIL NFA guns, is not allowed. My girlfriend will be an hour away at Virginia Tech living off campus in an apartment.

I know that a form has to be filled out if you're taking the gun across state lines or if you move.

So basically I'm pretty much ****ed unless I just leave them in my safe at home correct? In which case, I'm not totally sure it's worth it and I'm going to have to try and decide whether I want to secure my ability to have an SBR AK and AR and just not shoot them, or if I'd rather just build them normal length and be able to take them with me.

Or I guess an apartment of my own in WV would be able to solve all these problems wouldn't it?

Basically I just want to make sure my train of thought is correct here.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Sounds about right.

The off campus living idea is about the only way you'll be able to have the guns. The form is a 5320.20, it's a no money form and takes about a month to process. Not a big deal to do. But haveing the form 1's complete in 6 weeks is pushing it. ATF is getting back loged right now. You're looking at 8 weeks minium for the form 1 approvals.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Sounds about right.

The off campus living idea is about the only way you'll be able to have the guns. The form is a 5320.20, it's a no money form and takes about a month to process. Not a big deal to do. But haveing the form 1's complete in 6 weeks is pushing it. ATF is getting back loged right now. You're looking at 8 weeks minium for the form 1 approvals.

Honestly I wasn't worried about building them right away... I figured over X-mas break would be good. But after thinking about it and reviewing my finances, I'd be retarded to throw an extra $200 down the drain to the ATF.. I'm going to build both and just keep them at 16" for now... Hopefully in 3 years, I'll still be able to build a SBR :rolleyes:

I'm sure tomorrow I'll be posting up quite the opposite...but for now I think I'm gonna stick with keeping the $400 in my pocket :party29:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I think you are safe in the assumption that in 4 years you'll still be able to build SBR's.

I would, however buy the parts now. Just incase there is some sort of new law. You never know what the gun grabbers might be able to push through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom