Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Rleepremier

Rudeness is amazing

Why do we put up with these old wrinkly shopkeepers who decide if you don't already know what you want and are gonna pay whatever they ask then its not worth their time. It's because we keep excusing it and saying oh how would you feel if someone asked you dumb questions. That is part of retail! If you don't like dumb questions retire and move to Florida. Ok that's my rant. Im talking about accurate pawn and tackle in Elkridge. The parking and the stock is not worth the time. Do yourself a favor and drive 2 min down the road to 2a and see mark.
Rleepremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #2
wizzer368
Zombie Slayer

I stopped going into that place a long time ago he's never been helpful and is always nasty. With that being said he offers a good deal every once in a while
wizzer368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #3
nomo613

vote with your dollars. i pass many shops on my way to freestate (30 min away) that are allot closer and more convenient. but if your not gonna treat me like a person, im not gonna do business with you. its a shame they dont realize how tight knit the shooting community is, and that one stupid remark will not just loose them one customer but many many potential buyers.
nomo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Rleepremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer368 View Post
I stopped going into that place a long time ago he's never been helpful and is always nasty. With that being said he offers a good deal every once in a while
Truthfully even if it was a great deal I won't be spending a single dollar in that place. Or any other that has rude employees or owners. It doesn't take a ton of energy to answer dumb questions and be nice to people who are about to spend hundreds or even thousands in the store. Maybe we should have a section that rates stores on non rudeness. Maybe to keep the new firearms shopper from being blindsided and discouraged.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Second Amendment

Having bought from a number of places over the years, there are only two I would buy from at this point that are a reasonable distance from my home. There is one or two closer, but the rudeness and arrogance factors keep me away.
Second Amendment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Rleepremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Amendment View Post
Having bought from a number of places over the years, there are only two I would buy from at this point that are a reasonable distance from my home. There is one or two closer, but the rudeness and arrogance factors keep me away.
Wow I'm kinda relieved that it's not only because I'm a noob. Even the more experienced are being treated with disrespect. Atleast they're not discriminating. Lol.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Flipz

I live in Montgomery County and there are 4 shops within 15 minutes of my place. None of them are horrible. But none of them have been outstanding either. So instead of spending my hard earned money at them, I choose to drive 35 mintues to a shop that has always been first rate. Its a shop where if your just stopping by to see whats new, buying some ammo, or spending a couple grand, youre treated the same. With respect and appreciation. I wish all other shops operated the same way.
Flipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #8
teratos
My hair is AMAZING

I have to agree. I am not that knowledgeable about firearms in general. I often have questions, and want recommendations. I have been very happy going to Gun Connection, and will keep doing business with them.

C&R FFL
MD Designated Collector

teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #9
PapiBarcelona

Damn dude, you are going to get banned for flaming a site supporter
PapiBarcelona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #10
erwos
Jew with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiBarcelona View Post
Damn dude, you are going to get banned for flaming a site supporter
Being an IP here shouldn't be a magic shield from criticism.
erwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #11
-Z/28-
But drives a WS6?

There is a shop(not an IP) maybe two miles from my house that is always well stocked that I refuse to go in anymore simply because the owners tend to be arrogant know it alls and their prices are always high. So, yea customer service is important.

“The M1 rifle is the finest battle implement ever devised.” – Gen. Patton

“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
-Z/28- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #12
iHasCrabs

There are 4 places I will buy everything I can from. Engage, 2A , Shooters discount and Baltimore Best Pawn. Engage, Shooters Discount and 2a are about a 45-1hr drive for me and well worth it. Have had excellent service at all of them. Baltimore best(trying to be an IP) is about 20min and also has great customer service and I stop by there on my way to work all the time to just talk and browse.
iHasCrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #13
PapiBarcelona

I haven't been to any of the site sponsors here but Estate once or twice real quick on a First Friday.
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Corey G
Worst Speller Ever

I been to many of the places you guys seem to love and I never had spectacular service, beyond whats on a firearms website or usual forums they usualy don't have much more infomation. Beyond some special indivduals like Ed or Chad, I have been less then impressed with most gun shop owners and thier knowledge. Maybe I am a know it all or I do a ton of research in advance or I don't have some good goverment or contractors job that are so abudent around here that allows me to spend $1000 on an Ar I could buy online for $750, where that $250 difference does not matter to me.

Old February 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #15
ohen cepel

I guess I'm odd. I have had great luck and a LONG relationship with several of the shops here that others bash.

Maybe it's just me, or the owners, or a generational difference.

I bought many items off of Gus over the years and he is my first shop to go to for stuff. However, I know what I want, I pay and I go on with my life. I don't try to beat him (or other dealers) down. I treat them with respect and if we're too far apart on an item I go on.

I work hard to build a relationship with a dealer. I don't jump to the cheapest place in town to save $5, especially if that means a chain store who cares nothing about me nor the 2A.

With my life I move a lot. Every time I move, I look around, research a shop that is a good fit for me (what they carry, etc.), then I buy ALL my stuff there. In the long run, they know me, know I am no BS, pay cash and go on my way. Treat them with respect and it's all good.

I'm sorry that you and Gus didn't hit if off.

SAF Life Member
GOA Member
JFPO Member
ohen cepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Goldslammer

Send a message via AIM to Goldslammer
I'll be picking up a GP 100 from Gus in a few days. I've only bought 2 guns from Accurate Pawn, but I never had a problem, and got a really good deal.
Goldslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #17
PapiBarcelona

I usually buy at a different place every time. Some of these gun shops are like bars to me, just not into the hanging out and all that.

I'm more of an in, buy, and roll out. Maybe I'll come back 5 years later to buy something else.
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #18
rouchna

I've had great luck with our IP's here. I have only been to 3 of them. Although I felt they were all good people and treated me very well, I have only purchased from one (GC)...several times. It's too bad that you had such a bad experience. Try to take some time and let them know that you had a bad experience. We have all had bad days and I would hate for someone to not give me a chance to make it right.

Old February 28th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #19
TyFromMD
Ammo Hog

It could just be my great personality or my good looks but I really have never had a bad experience anywhere.
TyFromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #20
clandestine
Firearm Technician

Accurate Pawn and The Gun Shop have some of the best prices on guns you can get from what I have seen.

If you are looking for a million choices then pony up the cash and pay at shops that stock everything like Atlantic Guns.

You can go in the middle of the road, and go to a Place like Engage, 2A, or Gun Connection and get good customer service and pay just a little more but not as much selection as Atlantic but the prices are lower.

If you need to talk technical stuff, custom work, repairs, theres a few shops with reputable gunsmiths like Scotts and Engage.

Read this first before taking a gunsmiths time up:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56219

The post/s above is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing Gunsmith advice. My post/s do not constitute, nor do they create, a Gunsmith Contract or Warranty.

The opinion/s expressed do not reflect the opinion/s of Maryland Shooters or any Business and/or Organization.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners