Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Recreational Shooting

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #1
possumman

Sporting clays Saturday 2-18-12

Liitlestown Fish and Game - www.sportingclayandtrap.org for info - I post this periodically for any one thats interested in giving it a try - You dont need to know what you are doing and its ok if you dont know any one there - nice guys all. Just bring a shot gun and stop at wally world for a case of sporting loads ---50 birds $12. food, shells glasses and ear protection available at sign up - 9am ---All you guys who shoot at Hap Baker should check this place out as it is about 12 miles outside of Westminster just a couple miles over the PA line. I will be there.
possumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2
possumman

Had avery good day for clays at Littlestown yesterday- ran 7 squads through the clays course-6-7 guys on a squad and saw at least a half dozen new folks there including a couple of guys with their wives and newbie shooters. As usual the couse was different and had a couple of very difficult rabbit stations in the woods and a screaming fast mini station, it was a bit more challenging than usual but thats the fun of sporting clay shooting- you never know what you will get. Next day will be on Saturday 3-3----always the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month, its a bargain at $12 a round.
possumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #3
llkoolkeg
Hairy Flaccid Member

Location: Holding the line South of Gettysburg in 2A-friendly Carroll County, USA.
As one of the newbies trying both sporting clays and an O/U 12GA for the very first time, I was satisfied with what I shot and had a hell of a good time. My virginal shoulder is all shades of purple but it did little overall to erase the S.E. grin from my unshaven mug. Many thanks to all the patient shooters who shared both their advice, stories, wisdom and even spare shells once I'd blown through my first 50. This was a fun event at a nice price and I'll be back FO SHO.

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

-Thucydides in The History of the Peloponnesian War
llkoolkeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Recreational Shooting