• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malygris

Sep 27, 2011
    Princeton, Wv
    I thought this was a unique bill that I didn't really expect to pass, but it did.

Chris.

West Virginia: NICS Exemption Bill Passes Senate Committee Unanimously

Yesterday, the state Senate Judiciary Committee passed Senate Bill 353 unanimously by a voice vote! Thank you to all of the Judiciary members who voted to expedite the firearm purchasing process for concealed carry permit holders in the Mountain State.

SB 353, introduced by state Senate Majority Leader John Unger (D-16) and Senate President Jeff Kessler (D-2), would expedite the process of purchasing a firearm for valid concealed carry permit holders by making West Virginia eligible for an exemption from the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Such carry permit holders have already cleared a background check. This legislation would further conform state law to federal law and enhance greater reciprocity for permit holders throughout the United States.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Good stuff. I always thought it was stupid that MD still makes permit holders wait the 7 day colling off period. Especially with how hard it is to get a permit here.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Good stuff. I always thought it was stupid that MD still makes permit holders wait the 7 day colling off period. Especially with how hard it is to get a permit here.

Forget permit holders, the cool off period is silly for anyone who already owns a handgun.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Maryland's law regarding the seven day wait was not written with a cooling period in mind. It was written before email and fax machines, where seven days was needed to get paperwork from the gun shop to MSP and processed.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I thought this was a unique bill that I didn't really expect to pass, but it did.

Chris.

the process of purchasing a firearm for valid concealed carry permit holders by making West Virginia eligible for an exemption from the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Such carry permit holders have already cleared a background check. This legislation would further conform state law to federal law and enhance greater reciprocity for permit holders throughout the United States.

It's the way we roll in Texas! :) I wish there was no requirement at all, but this is the best one can hope for.

hank440

Apr 8, 2009
    Maryland's law regarding the seven day wait was not written with a cooling period in mind. It was written before email and fax machines, where seven days was needed to get paperwork from the gun shop to MSP and processed.

then why did always take 3 to 4 weeks in the past to "process the paperwork" in MD ? :D

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Wishfull thinking, but what if we, with a Florida permit, are buying a long gun in WV? Does it affect us?

MH

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    The House Judiciary Committee passed the bill today. Only hurdles left are to pass the full House of Delegates, and then the governor's signature...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom