Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM   #61
Hopalong
Man of Many Nicknames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigoes View Post
That's pathetic, the Prosecuting Attorney can't do their freaking job!

Maybe they're trying to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest? Does the appropriate prosecuting attorney know Conaway on a personal level? If they do, I'd say that's a perfect reason for an outside prosecutor.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs." - Judge Benson Everett Legg

Check out Good and Substantial, my 'blog on guns, gun rights, the Second Amendment, and Maryland politics.
Hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM   #62
Inigoes
Head'n for the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
Maybe they're trying to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest? Does the appropriate prosecuting attorney know Conaway on a personal level? If they do, I'd say that's a perfect reason for an outside prosecutor.
Not if Conaway is found guilty like everyone else charged with police testimony!
Inigoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #63
Bikebreath
21st Century Hoplite

Just started talking about this on C4, WBAL 2:38PM

"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs." Judge Legg --- March 5, 2012

Step up to the plate: http://marylandshallissue.org/
Bikebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #64
wynnstudio
"Member"

Frank's Lawyer has played the race card and threw in that the city states attorney and Adam are both jews for good measure.

wynnstudio
wynnstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #65
mrjam2jab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseymorejr View Post
Maryland issues so few permits they could probably notify them all in person before they expire.
They issue so few that even if it was Their responsibility to notify they probably wouldn't even know about that.

Prudence will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed
mrjam2jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #66
ezliving
Besieger

David Codrea, Gun Rights Examiner

Conaway gun case tells much about hypocrisy, elitism and bigotry

In Muscarello v. United States, 524 U. S. 125 (1998), in the course of analyzing the meaning of “carries a firearm” in a federal criminal statute, JUSTICE GINSBURG wrote that “[s]urely a most familiar meaning is, as the Constitution’s Second Amendment . . . indicate[s]: ‘wear, bear, or carry . . . upon the person or in the clothing or in a pocket, for the purpose . . . of being armed and ready for offensive or defensive action in a case of conflict with another person.’ ” DC v. Heller (2008.)
ezliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #67
Yoboney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnstudio View Post
Frank's Lawyer has played the race card and threw in that the city states attorney and Adam are both jews for good measure.

wynnstudio
Well, does he have a point?
Yoboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #68
ToneGrail
MSI, NRA, & SAF Member

It would be an ironic twist of fate if he actually does get prosecuted for carrying without a permit being that he was the one who introduced the bill that made MD a May Issue state.

One can only hope for karma to hit him in the ass.

It would be akin to Robespierre getting guillotined.
ToneGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #69
Squaredout
The Widows Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
I have worked with the Clerk of the Court in a different jurisdiction ,,,and I would have to disagree with you about the threat level.
Please explain your post. Being the Clerk of the court makes people want to kill you why? There are correctional Officers that cant get permits because they don’t have directs attempts on there life. Police Officers that don’t have permits and they have locked up drug dealers and wanted persons. EMT and Fire Fighters that cant get them and they go into the most dangerous areas sometime even before the police get there. So this pen pusher gets one and sorry I can’t see why.
Squaredout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #70
ViperRy

This state will never acknowledge their blatant violations of the 2nd and 14th amendments. Too many libs and antis in state+local gov with sheep as constituents to ever overturn the current legislation.

It's sad that the only way we will be seeing CCW in MD is from action at the Federal level. Even then MD will fight tooth and nail to oppose it or make the average citizen jump through hoops to obtain a license while the current gov affiliates themselves carry
ViperRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #71
Docster

Codrea's article makes great fodder for our agenda. I've started sending it out to Maryland Delegates, Senators, etc. This kind of stuff is hard to argue with, and even if it doesn't change anyone's mind, makes certain people look REAL stupid, and many others REAL uncomfortable......

Proud Member, Oathkeepers
Proud Patriot Guard Rider
Charter Member, JPFO
Federally Licensed Collector of Curios & Relics
Maryland Designated Collector
Occasional Asshole
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #72
travistheone
Usual Suspect

Adam harassed them on numerous occasions, and made a point of going past his residence. I know this.

Put your self in ol conaways shoes.
travistheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #73
Inigoes
Head'n for the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
Adam harassed them on numerous occasions, and made a point of going past his residence. I know this.

So it's okay to chase an instigator with a handgun outside of your property lines?
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #74
Hopalong
Man of Many Nicknames

Quote:
So it's okay to chase an instigator with a handgun outside of your property lines?
Maybe that's the reaction he was trying to get out of Conaway. I doubt anyone here would say that what you proposed is okay, but I won't put words into anyone's mouth.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs." - Judge Benson Everett Legg

Check out Good and Substantial, my 'blog on guns, gun rights, the Second Amendment, and Maryland politics.
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #75
Inigoes
Head'n for the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
Maybe that's the reaction he was trying to get out of Conaway. I doubt anyone here would say that what you proposed is okay, but I won't put words into anyone's mouth.
If this is the fella who was the sponsor of the bill that made the law; then by all means, he should definitely know better!
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #76
hvymax
Banned

Quote:
If this is the fella who was the sponsor of the bill that made the law; then by all means, he should definitely know better!
We should occupy his sidewalk. This POS deserves all of the misery that can befall him.
hvymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #77
JOBU
Banned

Conway gone wild!!!
JOBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #78
teratos
My hair is AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by travistheone View Post

My shoes would be occupying a cell.

C&R FFL
MD Designated Collector
TAKE BACK MARYLAND

teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #79
Hopalong
Man of Many Nicknames

Quote:
But the law doesn't apply to him, remember? He's one of the elite who has a permit.

Oh wait, it expired. Darned technicality, blame it all on some hoodlum 'blogger who was harassing me.

I would love nothing more than for him to be found guilty of a carry violation. Even if it changes nothing in Maryland, the karmic value alone would be worth the likely legal fight.

Old November 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #80
kalister1

Did anyone notice the NAACP reps are in his corner?
I think we should all write to them and thank them for the 2nd amendment support.
kalister1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues