• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    There was an affiliation between SAF and Amazon.com such that one could go to the SAF store, and find a link to Amazon, then any purchases made through that connection/thread would provide support to SAF from the profits. i bought a lot of things from Amazon, through the SAF link, feeling pretty good that I was doing a little more to support 2A.

I've not had occasion to purchase much online for awhile, and tonight, when I returned to get some things, it appears that there is no longer any connection. There is nothing on the SAF website, or the store to suggest that there ever even was! Online search has turned up nothing (given that it wasn't in the first page of results.) I sent a message using the SAF "Contact" form asking the question, but until such a time as I get a reply...

does anyone know what's up?!

Last edited:

Walter

May 23, 2010
    Amazon cut off tens of thousands of affiliates in some states due to taxation reasons. It's likely SAF was located in one of those states.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    CA attempted to bully Amazon to make their partner vendors in CA collect sales tax.

Amazon's answer?

They severed relationships with all their vendors in CA.

More brilliant ideas from thee tax and spend crowd.

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    Well, much appreciated, though it is a true shame.

I do however feel much safer knowing that there is a large benevolent government making sure the world is safe and fair for me and mine (shaking head.)

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    updste

I spoke with SAF, and after a couple of transfers, I did get someone who said the following:

the IT guy/webmaster has recently upgraded their system. I don't know exactly what, not that it's terribly relevant anyway. He is back here in the "East" working to advance the 2A cause, and would be away from WA for a week or two more, but that they'd get in touch with him and it would be addressed. I was quite pleased with their follow up (calling me back when they said they would, getting someone who knew something when that person didn't, etc.) When that sort of thing is so rare, it is nice to find it, and extra nice that it's (our) SAF!

now, initially there seemed to be some confusion that I just wanted to purchase SAF's 2A books, and was reassured that they are still there for purchase. I pointed out that I was referring to ANY Amazon purchases, as long as they were done through the safstore website, should have been kicking back a portion to SAF. That certainly generated increased interest on behalf of the person with whom I last spoke, as well it should. Anyway, I doubt the issue will be dropped. I was pleased that no one told me the taxes story cited above, so maybe the WA-WA thing trumped what happened in CA...???

so, at least this isn't dead, and maybe in a week or two, we will be able to access Amazon again through the safstore and the Gura clan can start seeing those passive $$'s rollin' in from our holiday, and other, shopping adventures. :party29:

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    and the latest...

the response to my initial e-mail inquiry.
    ================

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have temporarily taken down the Amazon link while we reorganize. Feel free to click on the link below to get there as we continue with the site redesign.

http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=ss059-20

Regards,
    Robert Kreisler

============================
    excellent. Now we have a direct portal, until the link is restored! Merry Christmas shopping all! :wave:

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    Is that link supposed to take me straight to Amazon's home page? I buy a TON of stuff though Amazon so I'd love to help SAF by doing what I do anyway.

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    it was the link sent to me, copied and pasted directly. Along with you, I can hope and assume that the "encode" portion of the URL signifies that indeed SAF gets some kick back.

However, knowing is always better than assuming. I will inquire directly and return when the answer comes. It's a good question, worth asking for sure!

Walter

May 23, 2010
    Wish I had learned about this months ago. I spend thousands at Amazon yearly. Hell just three days ago I spent $1800. Would have loved to know SAF could have gotten a kick back from that.

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    Yes, the answer was that the link DOES take u to Amazon and SAF SHOULD get something for it if that link is used. The site admin said you could contact him I you want to test, though I don't think we all need to.

admin@safstore.org

When I was first aware of this opportunity, I sent I to the Worcester Shooters but didn't think to highlight it on this forum. I should have.

Perhaps we could request an admin to put the info up front to get the word out more widely, perhaps a stickie...

I will try to get it posted at CalGuns tonight or tomorrow as well.

'Tis the season for stimulating' the economy and the fight for Liberty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom