Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Event Planning

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM   #1
circleshooter

Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center Winter Skeet League

On Sunday (November 6, 2011) the WINTER SKEET LEAGUE starts at the Loch Raven Skeet and Trap Center. Anyone can participate. It doesn't matter if you are a National Skeet Shooting Association (NSSA) member or not.

Winter Skeet League will be held on the following eight Sunday's:

November 6th and 20th
December 4th and 18th
January 8th and 22nd
February 5th and 26th.

Shooting takes place from 10am until noon. There will be 50 targets each day and the entry fee is $12 per day. Division I for NSSA registered shooters will be handicapped based on your 2012 NSSA class. Division II for unregistered shooters will be based on the prior week's score. Two man team competition will also be avaialble. Estate shells will be awarded as prizes at each event. Trophies at the end of the season for Division Champ, Runner-up and Junior (16 and under). Minimum of 250 targets to qualify for a trophy. There will be an awards luncheon provided on the last day of the league.

Just because it's getting colder outside doesn't mean you can't keep shooting and have some fun, meet new people, and maybe even win a prize! Just get yourself a hat (and some good shooting gloves). C'mon out!

“Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed.” - Anonymous
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Last edited by circleshooter; December 17th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
circleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Redcobra
Senior Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleshooter View Post
On Sunday (November 6, 2011) the WINTER SKEET LEAGUE starts at the Loch Raven Skeet and Trap Center. Anyone can participate. It doesn't matter if you are a National Skeet Shooting Association (NSSA) member or not.

Winter Skeet League will be held on the following eight Sunday's:

November 6th and 20th
December 4th and 18th
January 8th and 22nd
February 5th and 19th.
Snow makeup date: February 26th.

Shooting takes place from 10am until noon. There will be 50 targets each day and the entry fee is $12 per day. Division I for NSSA registered shooters will be handicapped based on your 2012 NSSA class. Division II for unregistered shooters will be based on the prior week's score. Two man team competition will also be avaialble. Estate shells will be awarded as prizes at each event. Trophies at the end of the season for Division Champ, Runner-up and Junior (16 and under). Minimum of 250 targets to qualify for a trophy. There will be an awards luncheon provided on the last day of the league.

Just because it's getting colder outside doesn't mean you can't keep shooting and have some fun, meet new people, and maybe even win a prize! Just get yourself a hat (and some good shooting gloves). C'mon out!
Does the $12 cover the Loch Raven Fees of $7 per round of 25 or is that all inclusive?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."--Ben Franklin

Doesn't own any guns, but loves Guerinis.
All recently lost in the Bay prior to 10/1/13

Member - AGC, LRSTC, MSI, NRA (Life)
VP Homewood Rifle and Pistol Club
Board Member LRSTC
NSSA Level 1 Skeet Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
Redcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM   #3
circleshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcobra View Post
Does the $12 cover the Loch Raven Fees of $7 per round of 25 or is that all inclusive?
The $12 covers the 50 targets. Bring your own shells or they are available for sale at the club.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Last edited by circleshooter; November 3rd, 2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #4
circleshooter

Tomorrow is the start of the Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center's Winter Skeet League.

If you like skeet shooting here's an opportunity to stay active in a fun, competitive way over the next 4 months!

Old November 6th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Redcobra
Senior Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleshooter View Post
Tomorrow is the start of the Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center's Winter Skeet League.

If you like skeet shooting here's an opportunity to stay active in a fun, competitive way over the next 4 months!
Yeah it was great, but I hope you all shoot better than I did. Grumble, grumble...
Must be the gun....NOT. Maybe it was the weather...NOT. Maybe it was the pressure....NOT.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."--Ben Franklin

Doesn't own any guns, but loves Guerinis.
All recently lost in the Bay prior to 10/1/13

Member - AGC, LRSTC, MSI, NRA (Life)
VP Homewood Rifle and Pistol Club
Board Member LRSTC
NSSA Level 1 Skeet Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
Redcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #6
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, November 20, 2011 is the second shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

Just scroll up to the first post for more information. I look forward to seeing you there!

Old November 19th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #7
4Prosales
" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "

CAN YOU STOP IN AND SHOOT EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE IN ALL THE UP COMING EVENTS ? THANKS
4Prosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #8
circleshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Prosales View Post
CAN YOU STOP IN AND SHOOT EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE IN ALL THE UP COMING EVENTS ? THANKS
On Winter Skeet League days (pretty much every other Sunday through February) the skeet fields are reserved for the league shooters between 10:00 am and noon. After that the skeet fields are open to everyone.

The trap, wobble trap, and 5-stand areas are open to the public at 10:00 until 5:00 pm.

Old December 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM   #9
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, December 4, 2011 is the third shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

Just scroll up to the first post for more information. I look forward to seeing you there!

Old December 15th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #10
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, December 18, 2011 is the fourth shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM   #11
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, January8, 2012 is the fifth shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

Old January 19th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #12
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, January 22, 2012 is the sixth shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

Old February 1st, 2012, 07:54 AM   #13
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, February 5, 2012 is the seventh shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

Old February 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #14
circleshooter

Just a reminder that this Sunday, February 26, 2012 is the eighth and final shoot day of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap's Winter Skeet League.

After we shoot we'll present the league awards and there's free lunch for everyone who's participated (shooting once is enough) in the Winter Skeet League.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Event Planning