Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles

Old April 10th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #1
AKbythebay

The Official AR-15 Picture Thread

We need an AR picture thread desperately, so here goes nothing. Post your black rifles here. I'll get things started...

My beauty:

Rock River Entry Tactical .223 with EOTech optics, BUIS, Flashlight, Vertical foregrip, and sling. I think I finally have her the way I want her

And the beast:

My new DPMS TAC-20 .308 with Leatherwood camputer optics, bipod, and sling. Can't wait to punch some paper with this bad boy

And of course the mandatory group shot (can't wait to see the orgy of black rifles Jeep Driver will post):

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence...The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes; we need them every hour."

-- George Washington
AKbythebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Redneck
FISH HARD, F*CK HARDER!

Here's my Fulton FAR-15. I still want to put a better scope than the 6x32 Leapers I have on it now. It will bust clays at 100 yards all day long, but I just want something with 4-12 magnification. Im also going to swith out this beretta bipod for one that swivels. Maybe a drop in trigger when I get an extra $200. All in all it's one great and fun rifle.

AR & Mags.jpg

THAT KITCHEN PLACE
410 238 2700
9321-F PHILADELPHIA RD
BALTIMORE MD, 21237
MHIC #68723

• Check us out on Facebook or read our reviews on Angie's List
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #3
JeepDriver
Self confessed gun snob

14.5" SBR w/ TA01NSN, Tom Sawyer Jolly Roger Lower (not pictured), CMMG upper (1:7 Chrome Lined), DD Omega Rail, RRA 2 Stage, ARMS 40L BUIS & Mag Pul Accessories

20" Government Profile (CMMG 1:7 Chrome Lined), 12" DD M4 Series Rail, RRA 2 Stage, TA31F, ARMS 40L BUIS & Vortex Flash Suppressor

11.5" SBR's

Top - RRA Upper/Lower, 2 Stage Trigger, CMMG Barrel (1:7 Chrome lined) & Magpul MIAD Grip

Bottom - Tom Saywer Zombie Killer Lower, RRA LPK w/ 2 Stage Trigger, CMMG Upper (1:7 Chrome Lined), DD 7" Lite Series Rail, Aim Point Comp M3, Mag Pul Accessories. Now wearing a LMT BUIS

14.5" w/ perm Attached Phantom CMMG upper, DPMS Lower (soon to be SBR'ed)

9.25" SBR'ed RRA 9mm w/ HK 416 Sights, TROS HK Style 3 lug barrel, DD 7" M4 Series Rail and Vortex Flash Suppressor.

5.5" SBR'ed Superior Arms Lower , RRA parts upper, 7" YHM Rail, AWC Suppressor, Burris XTS-135 Red Dot

10.5" SBR'ed Superior Arms Lower , Colt 635 SMG upper

Don't know what this one will be yet. I am thinking about a 18" midlength w/ a 12" DD Lite series rail and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1 in a LaRue SPR mount. But that's down the road.

And Some Food for these hungry best:

I have a 16" HBar (don't have a pic) and a few Superior Arms Lowers and a DPMS that I have laying around that will become 16" A2 M4gery's in the future. I'm gonna need some hand out rifles when the UN/Zombies/mutant biker's come marching down the street

Last edited by JeepDriver; April 10th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.
JeepDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Redneck
FISH HARD, F*CK HARDER!

show off....

THAT KITCHEN PLACE
410 238 2700
9321-F PHILADELPHIA RD
BALTIMORE MD, 21237
MHIC #68723

• Check us out on Facebook or read our reviews on Angie's List
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #5
JeepDriver
Self confessed gun snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck17 View Post
show off....

What can I say, I love my AR's!
JeepDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #6
JCB003

3 SBR lowers - still working on the uppers...2 POF 415's and a POF 416. One Nodak Spud 16A1 to go with my M16A1 upper. I'll get pics of the RRA Entry Tactical and RRA 9mm when I feel like digging them out. I want to add a Nodak Spud XM16E1 sometime to finish another build that I actually have some parts for. I love the POF lowers for SBR's, maybe one more for a SPR build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARREC.jpg (64.0 KB, 16942 views)
JCB003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Bang

Once again.. Zombies outbreak, Jeeps house is rally point Alpha.
Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #8
slayr15
Avtomat Klashnikov Member

Location: Willards, MD where the men are men and the sheep are scared
Send a message via AIM to slayr15
mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCFN0001.JPG (181.8 KB, 16855 views)

No clause in the Constitution could by any any rule of construction be conceived to give to congress a power to disarm the people. William Rawle, A View of the Constitution (1829). www.camospace.com/slayr15
slayr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #9
frozencesium
BBQ Czar

jeep needs to be my daddy and he needs to put me in his will...all your firearms are belong to me!!! (in my dreams...)

"The more artificial taboos and restrictions there are in the world, the more the people are impoverished...The more that laws and regulations are given prominence, the more thieves and robbers there will be." -Lao Tzu
frozencesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #10
E.Shell

AR-15 Original "M-16 style", but on a Fulton A2 lower. Slickside upper, early model furniture. Most old parts from Sarco, upper from Fulton.

AR-15 A1 style, but on a Fulton A2 lower, misc other parts from misc sources:

AR-15 Colt "Slab Side", SP-1 transitionary model with both A1 and A2 parts/features:

AR-15 A2 Early Bushmaster "Commando" style 11.5"/5.5", three digit S/N:

AR-15 A-3 Bushmaster 16" M4gery:

AR-15 A3 Superior lower, Bushy 16" "Superlight" barrel, EOTech, ARMS 40 BUIS (the cat & rat rifle):

AR-15 A2 Bushmaster 20" "HBAR" set up as NM rifle, float tube, sights, two-stage trigger

AR-15 A2 Colt 20" "HBAR" set up for my daughter:

AR-15 A2 Colt - Same rifle with 16" LW barrel, also set up for the daughter:

Homemade lower set up for a single shot BMG upper:

The majority of the herd:

I'll have to come back and add a couple more pics later. I don't have pics of the 9mm carbine, the 7.62x39 or the varmint rig, and I think I have another HBAR in the safe.

Not an AR-15, but close . . . :
AR-10A4 Armalite 20" .308 rifle:

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free" J. W. Von Goethe

Central Virginia Tactical Long Range Precision

Maryland Shall Issue Executive Member
E.Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #11
alucard0822
For great Justice

These are my 2, top is built of an Oly lower with mostly bushmaster parts. Bottom is built off of a DPMS lower and upper with a Bushy 14.5" barrel with a double Y comp pinned and welded to bring it to 16", working on plans for a third, a 24" match Hbar AR-10 in 260rem Thanks to Dan at gunconnection for the EOtech, my latest AR ornament.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AR's.jpg (121.6 KB, 15999 views)

"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #12
E.Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
. . . . working on plans for a third, a 24" match Hbar AR-10 in 260rem . . .
I have a .260 bolt gun and I think that is one of the best compromises for a long range cartridge one can pick.

FWIW, I'd suggest going with the DPMS version of the AR-10 if you're looking to get easy LR performance, for their versatility. The Armalite package is slightly different and you just about have to go custom to get a decent "off caliber" upper for the "real" AR-10. DPMS has quite a few "off the shelf" choices.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free" J. W. Von Goethe

Central Virginia Tactical Long Range Precision

Maryland Shall Issue Executive Member
E.Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #13
squirrels
Ho...ho...ho.

My "NFA hobbykit":

Lower is from an RRA Elite (my first AR). Timney trigger, Houge grip, CTR stock. Got the NFA engraving done by Orion Arms on the front of the magwell. (not shown)

The 10.5" SBR upper (registered config) is an LMT. CMT MPI bolt with upgraded extractor, Troy rail, ARMS low-profile BUIS. I don't have an optic for it right now...I'm thinking a Trijicon RX01 Reflex.

The 7.5" upper is an RRA 9mm upper with ramped bolt, Gas-Buster charging handle, Troy rail, and EOtech 512. To run it, the lower gets a Hahn bottom-loading mag block and a "Slash" 9-Q buffer and Wolff XP spring.

I also have a Colt 6920 upper for which I'm probably going to pick up a POF lower next week. Thinking about doing it in Dark Earth...not decided yet though.

There's also an AR10 somewhere around here.

Last edited by squirrels; April 12th, 2008 at 09:04 PM.
squirrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #14
Bill

Just picked this up from Manchester Shooters today:

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #15
bigjohn

whats the lowers run from manchesters?
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #16
slayr15
Avtomat Klashnikov Member

Location: Willards, MD where the men are men and the sheep are scared
Send a message via AIM to slayr15
olimpic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCFC0005.JPG (56.3 KB, 15055 views)

No clause in the Constitution could by any any rule of construction be conceived to give to congress a power to disarm the people. William Rawle, A View of the Constitution (1829). www.camospace.com/slayr15
slayr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #17
tundramuscle03
Beer Jockey

Send a message via AIM to tundramuscle03 Send a message via MSN to tundramuscle03 Send a message via Yahoo to tundramuscle03
These are the humble beginnings of my first AR...

20" upper is on order and should be coming soon, will post when i get them together

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~~ Sigmund Freud

“The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience”

"The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight" --- Teddy Roosevelt

Utah State CCW app mailed: June 2
Utah State CCW received: July 24
tundramuscle03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #18
gunconnection
FFL Dealer / III%

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundramuscle03 View Post
These are the humble beginnings of my first AR...

20" upper is on order and should be coming soon, will post when i get them together
Who assembled that sweet lower? Is that a RRA trigger group?

11433 Pulaski Hwy.,Unit#3
White Marsh, MD 21162
410/335-7252
www.gunconnectionmd.com
gunconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #19
alucard0822
For great Justice

Quote:
I have a .260 bolt gun and I think that is one of the best compromises for a long range cartridge one can pick.

FWIW, I'd suggest going with the DPMS version of the AR-10 if you're looking to get easy LR performance, for their versatility. The Armalite package is slightly different and you just about have to go custom to get a decent "off caliber" upper for the "real" AR-10. DPMS has quite a few "off the shelf" choices.
I have also been keeping an eye on the 6.5 creedmore, almost ballistically identical to the 260rem, but OAL is equal to standard 308win, and works better in an AR-10 action. I have built 4 AR's over the past couple years, and outside of the cost savings, the ability to match and hand fit specific parts and the reward of firing a rifle built from the ground up can't be beat.

"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #20
tundramuscle03
Beer Jockey

Send a message via AIM to tundramuscle03 Send a message via MSN to tundramuscle03 Send a message via Yahoo to tundramuscle03
Hmm........i can't quite remember, oh wait, thats right, you Dan!!!! Oh and I believe that was the NM trigger group and a sweet trigger at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunconnection View Post
Who assembled that sweet lower? Is that a RRA trigger group?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~~ Sigmund Freud

“The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience”

"The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight" --- Teddy Roosevelt

Utah State CCW app mailed: June 2
Utah State CCW received: July 24
tundramuscle03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles