Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Keep Shooting

Old August 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #1
keepshooting

German Night Vision Scopes

We just got in two pallets of these....

Zeiss Orion 80 Night Vision Scope which are hands down the best military night vision devices in its class of optics.

We put these on a PTR91 the other night, went outside, and was able to make out doors, signs, cars, and trees at 300+ yards. Without the night vision, you couldn't even tell there was anything in the area we tested these at.

These are made by Zeiss, they are the Zeiss Orion 80 Z-51 Model. You may have seen these going for $999 at Numrich recently, our standard price on these will be $549.95.

If you want to get one of these at a STEEP DISCOUNT, I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST BEFORE FRIDAY. You will be kicking yourself if you miss this offer.

keepshooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Markp

Ok, you tease, I signed up... Here's hoping you're really discounting these deeply... I'd love one at the right price.

It's like tossing a whole cow in the water and expecting goldfish not JAWS. - Mopar92
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Norton

NRA Life Member
Rifleman

Oh you dog.....you had to do this to me.

I signed up and am waiting patiently

Old August 4th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #4
drking2

Ok, so now I need a ptr with a night vision scope

Range Safety Officer
CPR/First Aid Instructor Trainer
US Army 1979-1987
drking2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Norton

NRA Life Member
Rifleman

Hey Brian,

Is there anything that would prevent this from being used as a handheld device and not necessarily on a rifle?

I'd like to have it just to see what's wondering around the cabin and night and would like to be able to just sit on the porch without the rifle

Old August 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #6
h2u
Village Idiot

I've been signed up with Keepshooting since the beginning. Their "specials" are always good. Can't wait for this one!

Antaa tulla vaan!
h2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #7
keepshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Hey Brian,

Is there anything that would prevent this from being used as a handheld device and not necessarily on a rifle?

I'd like to have it just to see what's wondering around the cabin and night and would like to be able to just sit on the porch without the rifle
You can certainly hold it and look through it without a rifle. How far are you looking to see? If its 100+ yards this is a great solution for you. If its more like 30 feet, you might do better with a handheld device.

What surprised me the most about these was how clear the optics are at distances with little to no light. While everything is night vision green, the image clarity far surpasses an AN/PVS-2 and to me is very close to the AN/PVS-4.

I used one of these in my back yard and could see deer walking across the swamp easily. With the NV optic, you couldn't see anything.
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #8
Norton

NRA Life Member
Rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepshooting View Post
You can certainly hold it and look through it without a rifle. How far are you looking to see? If its 100+ yards this is a great solution for you. If its more like 30 feet, you might do better with a handheld device.
Out to 100 yards would be good. there's usually enough ambient light to see things up closer and I've got a Surefire anyway.

Old August 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #9
keepshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2u View Post
I've been signed up with Keepshooting since the beginning. Their "specials" are always good. Can't wait for this one!
You are right about that, when we email stuff out, its always worth taking advantage of the promotions. We do one maybe every other month, but when we've got something good it gets out.

Nice to see your posts, how the heck have ya been? Next time your in the area stop by.

-BP
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #10
Markp

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepshooting View Post
You are right about that, when we email stuff out, its always worth taking advantage of the promotions. We do one maybe every other month, but when we've got something good it gets out.

Nice to see your posts, how the heck have ya been? Next time your in the area stop by.

-BP
What can you tell us about the reticle?

It's like tossing a whole cow in the water and expecting goldfish not JAWS. - Mopar92
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #11
keepshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Out to 100 yards would be good. there's usually enough ambient light to see things up closer and I've got a Surefire anyway.
Sounds like this may be right up your alley. The nice thing is even if you use it 90% off a rifle, its there for that 10% you may need it on one. Considering it was designed to stand up to .308 recoil and in full auto, this is something that is built to last.

Once we run out of these, not going to be any more at this price. You can always resell it later for $800 to cut Numrich out and profit for you.

If I didn't need the warehouse space, I'd sit on these and sell them for a lot more than we're offering them at. But...got an arrival notice from the ol' Customs broker on Monday and our warehouse is packed full w/o room to spare.

-BP
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #12
rpker

Alright I'm in on the mailing list... Somehow I think my wife is going to end up beating me for doing so

"...beneath this mask there is more than flesh, beneath this mask there is idea...and idea is bullet proof"

"One thing is true of all governments: the most reliable records are tax records."

-V-
rpker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #13
JCB003

That's a good price. I've seen them for $25 more than your standard price. The mount alone is not cheap.

I'm signing up too, thinking I'd like to have one for my PTR91. I have a Hensoldt Fero Z24 on there now.
JCB003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #14
keepshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB003 View Post
That's a good price. I've seen them for $25 more than your standard price. The mount alone is not cheap.

I'm signing up too, thinking I'd like to have one for my PTR91. I have a Hensoldt Fero Z24 on there now.
You have good taste in optics, we just got ZF Model 1's and Z24's in stock for the first time. That Z24 is SWEET, one lives on my PTR-91 as well.

-BP
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #15
kfrede86

Signed up!
kfrede86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #16
retrorichard
Member of Team Awesome

I signed up for the newsletter
retrorichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #17
SMPress

Hmm... I have bought a lot of stuff off of Brian over the last few years, and I never knew there was a mailing list! I am signed up now, and will propablly own one of these beuties inthe next few days!

Andy
SMPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #18
Jackson923
Hell Yeah!

Can you point me in the direction on the site for the sign up, some how I have missed it?
Thanks

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."
- Clint Smith
Jackson923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #19
bigjohn

click his scope link. its at the bottom of the page
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #20
Jackson923
Hell Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
click his scope link. its at the bottom of the page
Thanks man I looked at that area and didn't see it the first time. I signed up as well.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."
- Clint Smith
Jackson923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Keep Shooting