• IMAGE_038.jpg
      IMAGE_038.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 513

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just got back in from the rally. Pictures and recaps to come.

I need a nap....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I almost threw up when I heard the head of the Brady Campaign's legislative dept. say "the gun lobby will use such a decision as an assault weapon against other sensible gun laws." or something, when referring to the possibility of the ban being overturned.

How can one use a decision as an assault weapon? I decided I was going to have a beer last night, but I had to mount a bayonet on it, and install a pistol grip to assault the urge to just drink water.... wtf...

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Spent about 8:30am to 1:00 pm there today with Norton and Novus.

I'm cold and tired.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPG
      IMG_0259.JPG
      37.7 KB · Views: 488
    • IMG_0262.JPG
      IMG_0262.JPG
      62.1 KB · Views: 485
    • IMG_0267.JPG
      IMG_0267.JPG
      53.8 KB · Views: 410
    • IMG_0269.JPG
      IMG_0269.JPG
      52.8 KB · Views: 480
    • IMG_0271.JPG
      IMG_0271.JPG
      71.4 KB · Views: 479

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I just realized that I think I talked to Dick Heller. I didn't pay the guy too much attention but then I saw a picture of him. Hard to tell from the photo but I'm pretty sure that was him.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I almost threw up when I heard the head of the Brady Campaign's legislative dept. say "the gun lobby will use such a decision as an assault weapon against other sensible gun laws." or something, when referring to the possibility of the ban being overturned.

How can one use a decision as an assault weapon? I decided I was going to have a beer last night, but I had to mount a bayonet on it, and install a pistol grip to assault the urge to just drink water.... wtf...

Thats because "assault weapons" are opinions and ideas, not actual firearms. Think about that.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The best representatives of Maryland were there. Thank you Spot77, Norton, Novus, and everyone supporting the Second Amendment Sisters!

Yeah, Thanks Guys. I also assume we should expect some new members and lurkers in the next couple of days as a result of your presence.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The best representatives of Maryland were there. Thank you Norton, Novus, and everyone supporting the Second Amendment Sisters!

There were a lot of other good folks their besides us. They all have real jobs and can't spend all day here :lol2:

Y'all would have been proud of Novus, he took on a bunch of Brady trolls and beat them into submission with the statistics. It got to the point where on of them just gave up and basically admitted that she didn't care about the facts and wasn't going to change her mind.

With that same crowd, one of them started talking about how the Constitution didn't prohibit the government from enacting gun bans and I set him straight for about 2 minutes about how the reality was the Constitution didn't grant the government powers, it enumerated limitation on those powers and if it wasn't stated that they could restrict our RKBA then by default it meant that they could not.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Norton and I were interviewed many, many times by different news agencys....Novus got interviewed and had a few nice exchanges with the brady mouthpieces.

Our MSI hats and MD Shooters shirts were photogrphed many times through the day, but it seems that the AP chose to run a Brady photo instead. :puke:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yeah, Thanks Guys. I also assume we should expect some new members and lurkers in the next couple of days as a result of your presence.

From both sides of the issue.....

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    Great Statement!!:beer:

Heller told reporters "It is a basic issue of constitutional rights when the right to self-defense has been violated,"

"As a security officer I carry a gun to protect government officers, but my life isn't worth protecting at home in their eyes."

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    "It's not an American thing, it's not a European thing. In the time it takes for a violent assault to occur, you can't rely on the government to protect you," said Paul Demboski, 40, a teacher from Annapolis, Maryland.

Good job guys (and Gals!)

I am indebted to you.

-Boxcab

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    Does any one know of any wed sites I can go to and see how the other side thought they did. It would be intersting to see if they are doom and gloom (eg b!tching) or possitive.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Does any one know of any wed sites I can go to and see how the other side thought they did. It would be intersting to see if they are doom and gloom (eg b!tching) or possitive.

Judgin from public opinion polls, there really isn't an organized "other side". Just an "elitist forward thinker minority" that knows whats best for the common man, logic and reason be damned, that wants to push their agenda for reasons we all suspect.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    It is typical for the Justices to challenge both sides on their submittals. The results is that each side typically thinks that they won. The reality is that the Justices review all the submitted briefs and review similar law reviews (Freedom of Speech, etc.) and will base their decisions on ALL the evidence submitted and their beliefs (very scary) in what the intent of the writers of the Constitution was. It would be very short sighted to base an expected decision off what transpired today.

Expect a 5 to 4 decision with current and future gun laws being challenged by both the Majority and Minority Opinions. Both Opinions will influence the laws for the next few years. I expect many new gun cases being presented to the SCOUS in the next two to five years… expect to win some and lose some, but the fight is not over by a long shot!

-Boxcab

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom