Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Admin News and Announcements

Old April 25th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #41
JOBU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetgang View Post
As seen in a previous thread....

It goes more for us than anyone!
Personal attacks: This is a forum of and for adults. Personal attacks and throwing insults at other members is not acceptable. Everyone also has access to the "edit" and "delete" functions for their own posts, so losing your temper is not an excuse.

I, along with every other squid out there, has been personally attacked. I demand satisfaction.....or a sizeable renumeration in U.S. currency.
JOBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #42
wilcam47

Send a message via MSN to wilcam47 Send a message via Yahoo to wilcam47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBU View Post
Personal attacks: This is a forum of and for adults. Personal attacks and throwing insults at other members is not acceptable. Everyone also has access to the "edit" and "delete" functions for their own posts, so losing your temper is not an excuse.

I, along with every other squid out there, has been personally attacked. I demand satisfaction.....or a sizeable renumeration in U.S. currency.
Payable in guns and ammo or just ammo......
wilcam47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #43
HarCo2ANewb

I love that these have been spelled out now, hope its a sign for better things to come.

And speaking of squid, I could really go for some fried calamari
HarCo2ANewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #44
md_rick_o
MSI EM

I really had to think about what i might have posted lately. Then i kinda guessed/hoped it was a general info message. Whew. I hadn't realized the rules weren't posted anywhere just figured that people knew how to act. Thanks for posting them officially. If I have offended, i apologize. If i haven't i apologize anyway just for good measure (yes i'm married). GO MDS.

Old April 25th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #45
Streetgang
OP4

Quote:

Sorry man, can't claim personal attack when it comes from a fellow squid. Now if I was talking smack about SWO's, you might have grounds. That's just too easy though.

Never get out of the boat, even for mangoes.
Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Global warming and Good liberals; all fantasies.

Streetgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #46
STSCM

Quote:
Sorry man, can't claim personal attack when it comes from a fellow squid. Now if I was talking smack about SWO's, you might have grounds. That's just too easy though.

Rudyard Kipling

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
STSCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #47
JOBU
Banned

Quote:
For that....I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

JOBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #48
eric_2902
Retired

Send a message via MSN to eric_2902
Quote:
Easy now...

-C&R License Holder
-Maryland Designated Collector
-NRA Life Member
-Second Amendment Foundation Member

eric_2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #49
Splitter
R.I.P.

"so think twice before your gorilla mouth overdrafts your parakeet ass"

Literally laughed out loud. I think that's the best rule I have ever heard anywhere.

Going after the people and not the subject matter is a good thing. We SHOULD be able to discuss almost anything civilly...though I now have no idea how to describe .40 cal handguns...

I have no idea how the forum made it this long without an expressed set of rules. That we need them now is just a sign of growth I guess.

Splitter
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #50
clandestine
MSP Informant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post

Literally laughed out loud. I think that's the best rule I have ever heard anywhere.

Going after the people and not the subject matter is a good thing. We SHOULD be able to discuss almost anything civilly...though I now have no idea how to describe .40 cal handguns...

I have no idea how the forum made it this long without an expressed set of rules. That we need them now is just a sign of growth I guess.

Splitter
.40 is a fine caliber.

Clandestine, You're the reason gun owners are continually screwed over because you can't just shut up. You have to get a ruling as if to prove something. No doubt they will go with the most strict interpretation possible in regards to OAL. Not that I ever planned on doing business with you, but I will make sure that anyone who asks my opinion on your services doesn't go to you. You'll be solely responsible for the lousy method of measuring OAL resulting in wretched pinned muzzle devices.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #51
Streetgang
OP4

Quote:
For that....I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_2902 View Post
Easy now...
It's all good!

Never get out of the boat, even for mangoes.
Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Global warming and Good liberals; all fantasies.

Streetgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #52
Tootall
Feelings Hurter

Send a message via Yahoo to Tootall
Quote:
Originally Posted by md_rick_o View Post
I really had to think about what i might have posted lately. Then i kinda guessed/hoped it was a general info message. Whew. I hadn't realized the rules weren't posted anywhere just figured that people knew how to act. Thanks for posting them officially. If I have offended, i apologize. If i haven't i apologize anyway just for good measure (yes i'm married). GO MDS.
same here.... its was an oh damn ive finally done it realization that hit me. Glad i wasn't the only one who saw that grey screen of doom

Its also funny/sad reading some of the rules and knowing the back stories from where they originated

i'll also go ahead and apologize because im sure somewhere along the lines ive hurt someones feelings if I havent well then im sorry for that too. (I'm engaged its good practice)

From now on no frivolous hurt feelings. I'll only hurt them if you attack the forum or another member. In those cases you get whats coming to you. Those who have been here long enough have seen what happens when someone shows up and attacks one of our members. Starved Lion pride on a baby zebra comes to mind.....

We seem to be entering the next evolution of MDS. We had the 2008 election phase, The amazing horse phase, and we just concluded the fruity gunsmith phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
I have a wooden leg, therefore I am a table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
I have a 6 sided dildo. Every rear I throw it at, it finds a hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77
I'm in for a couple of any size and color, but my preferred choice would be BIG (16 ounce or bigger) and probably black.
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #53
Lou45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post

Splitter
Quote:
.40 is a fine caliber.
Yeah,.....Right

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob.......Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter.

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma deuce.
Lou45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #54
boricuamaximus

Quote:
.40 is a fine caliber.
so are Kimber 1911s.

actually a Kimber 1911 in .40 is full of win.

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms ... "
-- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Mass., at 86-87 (Peirce & Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Quote:
1911's dont suck especially if they are Nighthawk, Ed, Les, or Wilson.
boricuamaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #55
jonnyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuamaximus View Post
so are Kimber 1911s.

was there nothing in the rules about baiting?

I too thought the rules were there all along. There were only a couple lines I thought were recent updates. I figured I read it when I sent in my dues check...

The only downside now is I have to explain to my wife that I belong to an "Adult website"...

The ability to express yourself freely is so uniquely tied to the ability to defend yourself freely.

--Richard "Mack" Machowicz

NRA Member
MSI Member
SAF Member
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #56
Lou45

Quote:
so are Kimber 1911s.

Am I going to have to "press the botton" on you???

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob.......Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter.

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma deuce.
Lou45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #57
clandestine
MSP Informant

Quote:
so are Kimber 1911s.

You are correct, the .40, Kimber, EOTech, Taurus, they are all GTG.

See my Gun Facts Thread.

Clandestine, You're the reason gun owners are continually screwed over because you can't just shut up. You have to get a ruling as if to prove something. No doubt they will go with the most strict interpretation possible in regards to OAL. Not that I ever planned on doing business with you, but I will make sure that anyone who asks my opinion on your services doesn't go to you. You'll be solely responsible for the lousy method of measuring OAL resulting in wretched pinned muzzle devices.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #58
jimsoden
Super Lurker

Quote:
.40 is a fine caliber.
CHAD!!! Wake up, you're having a nightmare! It'll be OK...here, take this blue pill.

jimsoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #59
The3clipser
Mister Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsoden View Post
CHAD!!! Wake up, you're having a nightmare! It'll be OK...here, take this blue pill.

ETA: This forum is a wealth of knowledge, and I will try to keep my smart-assery to a minimum, unless it is genuinely funny, and I apologize for any shenanigans of mine which were out of line. Your forum, you set the rules. Respect.

A government which does not trust its citizens to be armed is a government which does not trust its citizens. The question is, if a government does not trust its citizens, why should those citizens trust the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by august1410 View Post
Synthetic shotguns are like silicone boobs. Yeah, they look kinda the same, but just don't feel right.
The3clipser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #60
Tootall
Feelings Hurter

Send a message via Yahoo to Tootall
Quote:
Originally Posted by The3clipser View Post

ETA: This forum is a wealth of knowledge, and I will try to keep my smart-assery to a minimum, unless it is genuinely funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
I have a wooden leg, therefore I am a table.
Quote:
I have a 6 sided dildo. Every rear I throw it at, it finds a hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77
I'm in for a couple of any size and color, but my preferred choice would be BIG (16 ounce or bigger) and probably black.
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Admin News and Announcements