Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles

Old March 11th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #1
NattyBoh

Whats a good ak47 side mount.

My father is looking for a decent mount for around 65 bucks. He is going to use the stock side mounts for the rail.
NattyBoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Jimbob2.0

I went with the Kalinka Mount, a little heavy but works well and has a rail that can accept and array of Optics. Was going to use it on the SLR106 but decided not to, not sure what it is going on now.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Wingnut
Member me?

Four 1\4x20 Allen bolts, some scrap from machine shop and some black RTV. No get back to work bitches.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Wingnut
Member me?

Haha imma firin Ma lazier!

LOLWUT
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #5
beaglefan

Legion Arms make a nice one.Mounts scope low and centered over barrel.Paid less then 50 at a gunshow for one.Seen them on the net but can't recall where.
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #6
fightinbluhen51
"Quack Pot Call Honker"

What kind of optic is he planning on using?

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, who keep on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men”-SAMUEL ADAMS, 1776
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
fightinbluhen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #7
DarthZed

Are you local? I have a cheapie side mount (paid $30 for it) you can have if you want it. Its just a standard slide-on mount with 3 hex screws to secure it. It only has the top rail though, no side rail on it. link to a pic below.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ak-...tmntaka16.aspx

I have this one on my modded Arsenal SGL-21, its a beautiful mount, but not quick release, and no side rail.

http://www.tacticalaccessories.com/p...id_product=398

Personally I'd get a quick release mount (makes cleaning easier). Thats whats going on the SGL-31 when it shows up.

Asteroids. Nature's way of saying "Hows that Space Program coming?"

"Even when you have all the answers, it won't give you peace. My greatest fear, and I have many, is not in the solutions that evade me. It's in the answers I have, that I'm too slow to execute. It's when I 'could have'..but didn't soon enough." Barry Ween
DarthZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #8
jodavk

I've tried the UTG QR and the Belarus BN02 made QR. The UTG was OK for the $25 but needed tightening nut adjustment every every 10 off/on cycles; it did hold zero for the 50yd AK plinking I was doing. The Belarus made QR was rock solid and I have only had to re-tighten the lockdown adjustment once in probably over 40-50 off/on cycles. But, it cost $60 and took 20days to get. Both centered the rail perfectly over the AK rcvr. The UTG is OK for a plinker, the BN02 would be for serious.
jodavk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #9
NattyBoh

Thanks Darth but I think my father is going to lean towards a Russian optic that has the mount built in.
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #10
NattyBoh

Does anyone know of any good russian optic sites, similar to Kalinka?
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #11
DarthZed

If you want a Russian look, you might consider a Trijicon RX06-24. I have this setup on my Arsenal. The profile is rather Kobra-ish, and the triangle reticule allows for very precise distance shooting (no batteries either, Russian red dots aren't known for their battery life). You can get the optic for about $350 plus mount. As far as sites other than Kalinka, I found a bunch of sites selling Russian optics back when I wanted a Kobra, but most were overseas (and expensive). Thats why I went with a Trijicon to emulate the Ruski look.

Asteroids. Nature's way of saying "Hows that Space Program coming?"

"Even when you have all the answers, it won't give you peace. My greatest fear, and I have many, is not in the solutions that evade me. It's in the answers I have, that I'm too slow to execute. It's when I 'could have'..but didn't soon enough." Barry Ween
DarthZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #12
beaglefan

Kalinka is where I got my Kobra. Like DarthZed said a lot of the other sites are overseas.Kalinka has a nice assortment and easy shopping cart shopping.And was delivered in about 5 days.Good site if you want to stay with combloc gear.
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #13
fightinbluhen51
"Quack Pot Call Honker"

Not sure if you are interested in a 30 mm tube variety, but these will be on the market VERY soon.

http://www.rsregulate.com/

Details here.

Developmental thread here.

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, who keep on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men”-SAMUEL ADAMS, 1776
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
fightinbluhen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #14
Wingnut
Member me?

The best side mounts are usually stippled. For you 50.00 bucks. This week only. PM me. LOLWUT shoopdawoop

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles