• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I was wondering if anyone here could give me an idea of the value of my Remington model 12C .22 pump action rifle. If I remember correctly, based on the serial number, this rifle was made in 1927. I have seen similar ones at gun shows a couple of times and they were asking around 500$. I don't know if those were special or not but that seems rather high. I believe this is the target version of the model 12 line based on limited research done online. I am looking to sell it or trade for a .22 semi auto pistol. Can anyone give me an idea of value? I have not fired it in years, but I do remember that occasionally it would jam due to the bullet tip getting hung up on the sharp edge of the chamber opening.
    Thanks.

Attachments

• Remington 12C 1.jpg
      Remington 12C 1.jpg
      30.8 KB · Views: 14,684
    • remington 12C 2.jpg
      remington 12C 2.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 12,461
    • remington 12C 3.jpg
      remington 12C 3.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 6,827

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    I have seen them at shows in the $700-1300 range, usually the older the more expensive but no real research past that.
    Keep it, they are cool little guns

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    my father collects those lil gallery guns they are alot of fun. he had the same feeding issues with one . it was the cartidge retainer it broke . i sits between the barrel and magazine tube its just a piece of sping steel . i ordered one from numrich for like $12 . shoots like a champ again .

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I have a couple of them. The one I have in S,L,LR came from Greentop about 8 years ago for 250.00 in very good condition.
    Yours doesn't appear to have any finish left on it at all. What does the rifling look like? Is that the original butstock that's been sanded or is it a replacement?
    With good rifling you might find someone who wants a classic shooter or wants a project to refinish and will give you $200. I collect old .22 rifles and I am not that person.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    The rifling is good. The butt stock is the original, I just had the stupid idea to mess with it. should have left it alone. :spank:

I just don't foresee wanting to ever shoot it again. I have the mandatory 10/22 so I don't really need this plinker. I'm not hard pressed to sell it, just curious to see what it is worth and if there is interest sell/trade it.

Thanks for all the input.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Don't know what it's worth, but I have the exact same gun! It was my grandfathers, and the first gun my Mother ever shot!

I contacted Remington and they told me it was produced in 1911, but on one of the Remington forums there was a guy who seemed to really know what he was talking about and his charts would have put it in the '20's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom