Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland

Old December 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM   #1
R81

Just Guns in Parkville

Anyone deal with Just Guns in Parkville? I live in the area and was wondering how people like this shop. Also, how much do they charge for transfers? Thanks.
R81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM   #2
tss1004
Glock, AR, Savage Junkie

Strange folks and high prices, thats just been my experience.

Go to The Gun Shop, 1614 Eastern Blvd. in Essex.

Even Christian Soldier is better (if you can deal with his crazy hours)

Buying Mossberg 500's. Old, new, sporting or tactical I'm interested
tss1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM   #3
august1410
Player to be named later

The service is not friendly, but not unfriendly. Pretty average. I did have to chase someone down to show me something in the display case....they don't seem to eager sometimes.

I have gotten two shotguns and a Mosin from there, and all the transactions were quick and painless.

If it's your only option, go there. If it's not, go to The Gun Shop in Essex or Gun Connection.
august1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM   #4
aquaman

Run away.
aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:07 PM   #5
GNLaFrance
RIP

I can't complain, they have a wide selection, pretty friendly, seem to know their stuff. I think their transfer fee is $50.00 but don't hold me to that.
GNLaFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:19 PM   #6
oldman12

I walked in awhile back and asked about transfers,the guy was shaking his head no before i even finished my question. had made comments about should buy a tantal, he could put a round in your head type of attitude at 100 yds, ASSCLOWN, I'm not planning on going back, and walked right passed there table at the Putty hill show. I'll stick with Christian Soldier, Bought 3 from him and he has done 3 transfers.
oldman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:24 PM   #7
fivepointstar
Support IDF

I've only bought 1 firearm from JG taht was a smooth but every time I go in there they don't seem interested in helping. At least they're not pushy!! They didn't seem very knowledgable either, I had asked questions about the CETME and the guy didn't know anything.

+1 with the Gun SHop...very nice people there. They always offer to buy coffee at Dunkin Donuts everytime i'm there. good people. The owner at Christian Soldier is really nice, I think he's a career firefighter so they have strange hours....but he's very nice!

"In the future there will be no hunger, there will be no greed, and all the children will know how to read."

I'm a political prisoner in a Maryland Gulag

Disclaimer: Expressed above are my personal opinions. If you wish to complain, kindly take a number.
fivepointstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:25 PM   #8
Straightshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman12 View Post
I walked in awhile back and asked about transfers,the guy was shaking his head no before i even finished my question. had made comments about should buy a tantal, he could put a round in your head type of attitude at 100 yds, ASSCLOWN, I'm not planning on going back, and walked right passed there table at the Putty hill show. I'll stick with Christian Soldier, Bought 3 from him and he has done 3 transfers.
Bought a XD40 from them. price on that gun was lower than other shops. Their price on a Bersa Thunder however was $40 higher than the shop I got it from.

Christian Soldier could be giving guns away and I wouldn't step foot in that whacko's shop.
Straightshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM   #9
rrrrrrkevin
Its comin right for me!

Send a message via AIM to rrrrrrkevin
They got some cool stuff to look at but everything is super expensive and Ive seen a few guns that like twice the price that you can find em at The Gun Shop or other places nearby.

There is one older guy there that used to get on my nerves and wears goofy tactical vests and always mentions that he can do stuff and you cant because he is law enforcement, and I honestly dont know if he is or not. This guy tried to explain to me that you couldnt even carry a magazine with ammunition in it because it displays intent to carry a loaded weapon(unless your law enforcement like him). There was an Uzi behind the counter and he explained to some guy that he couldnt own one with a short barrel but he himself could have one because he was law enforcement.
rrrrrrkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:32 PM   #10
oldman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightshooter View Post
Bought a XD40 from them. price on that gun was lower than other shops. Their price on a Bersa Thunder however was $40 higher than the shop I got it from.

Christian Soldier could be giving guns away and I wouldn't step foot in that whacko's shop.
I'f i remember correctly Just guns was higher on transfers,$10 ,I think , no biggey, he just struck me wrong. The first impression is alot with me.
oldman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:43 PM   #11
fivepointstar
Support IDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightshooter View Post

whats wrong wiht Christian Soldier. I've only been there 2x and never bought anything. THeir hours are strange!!! how are they whacko?? just wondering

"In the future there will be no hunger, there will be no greed, and all the children will know how to read."

Disclaimer: Expressed above are my personal opinions. If you wish to complain, kindly take a number.
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:44 PM   #12
DeadIDik
Habitual Line Stepper!

Wheres the thread from a couple weeks ago talking about them?

Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called ''patriotism''. Kenny Powers
DeadIDik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:52 PM   #13
itsslow98

[QUOTE=rrrrrrkevin;901272]They got some cool stuff to look at but everything is super expensive and Ive seen a few guns that like twice the price that you can find em at The Gun Shop or other places nearby.

There is one older guy there that used to get on my nerves and wears goofy tactical vests and always mentions that he can do stuff and you cant because he is law enforcement, and I honestly dont know if he is or not. This guy tried to explain to me that you couldnt even carry a magazine with ammunition in it because it displays intent to carry a loaded weapon(unless your law enforcement like him). There was an Uzi behind the counter and he explained to some guy that he couldnt own one with a short barrel but he himself could have one because he was law enforcement.[/QUOTE]

He told me he was a contracted U.S. MArshall working in a unit in the city. Blah blah blah bragged about it the entire time and then proceeded to try and sell me a Glock 23 for 675 dollars. I laughed and walked out. Guy was a squirrel if ive ever seen one.
itsslow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:01 PM   #14
tdt91
I will miss you my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointstar View Post
whats wrong wiht Christian Soldier. I've only been there 2x and never bought anything. THeir hours are strange!!! how are they whacko?? just wondering
I bet because the word Christian is in the Name.

I hope not but he didn't seem eagar to explain when he said it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG !!!!!!!!!
tdt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:11 PM   #15
fivepointstar
Support IDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
I bet because the word Christian is in the Name.

I hope not but he didn't seem eagar to explain when he said it.
huh?? the guy was REALLY COOL!!! He even called me back after I left to follow up wiht a gun I was interested in. I didn't see any crosses or bibles or anything like that? i wonder???

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:59 PM   #16
honda53s

I dont even know where christian solder is located??? But I have been in Just Guns twice. I was actually in there last friday and got bit by the dog behind the counter with one blue eye. If they werent carrying guns in there I would of knocked that dog out.
honda53s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:37 AM   #17
Oldcarjunkie
Heavy weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda53s View Post
I dont even know where christian solder is located??? But I have been in Just Guns twice. I was actually in there last friday and got bit by the dog behind the counter with one blue eye. If they werent carrying guns in there I would of knocked that dog out.

you passed Christian soldier twice then. They are in a house kinda on the left corner of it. Its easy to miss. ive been there once.

Just guns is Ok, the are a little Odd, and some of the prices are high, but i got a old Mossberg .22 with a original 4 power mossberg scope for 100.00 +tax.
Oldcarjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:49 AM   #18
fivepointstar
Support IDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarjunkie View Post
you passed Christian soldier twice then. They are in a house kinda on the left corner of it. Its easy to miss. ive been there once.

Just guns is Ok, the are a little Odd, and some of the prices are high, but i got a old Mossberg .22 with a original 4 power mossberg scope for 100.00 +tax.
thats right....its right at the Balt Co FOP Lodge. its right at the beltway

Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:57 AM   #19
onatsky

Rob and Shannon of Christian Soldiers are very nice and accomodating. Got my first gun there and some transfers. You just have to call to find out their schedules.
onatsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM   #20
mikec

Quote:
Originally Posted by onatsky View Post
Rob and Shannon of Christian Soldiers are very nice and accomodating. Got my first gun there and some transfers. You just have to call to find out their schedules.
Shannon is Rob's wife, correct? As I have posted before, nice people. The issue for me with that shop is that my schedule and their schedule do not usually work out.

I have bought from Just Guns before, but not recently. Gun Connection is easier for me.

Both of these shops could benefit if they joined this site and became IP's.
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland