Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues

Old November 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #1
mvee

2A and the Combined Federal Campaign

Do any military or federal workers here contribute to any pro 2A groups using the Combined Federal Campaign. If so, what are the groups?

I found these already:

Gun Owners Foundation.
Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10042. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521297380. Overhead: 10.7%. Program Areas: W I M.
Website Address: www.gunowners.org. Phone Number: (703)321-8585.

NRA Foundation, Inc., The.
Supports eligible programs within the NRA, law enforcement, and other community-based agencies that foster firearms safety and education, constitutional education, and wildlife conservation management.
CFC # code, used for making designations: 11872. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521710886. Overhead: 0.3%. Program Areas: O N R.
Website Address: www.nrafoundation.org. Phone Number: (888)467-2363.

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.
Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs.
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10006. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521136665. Overhead: 11.5%. Program Areas: R.
Website Address: www.nradefensefund.org. Phone Number: (703)267
mvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #2
CrabbyMcNab

I looked but didn't see MSI in there.

www.nleomf.com - National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund

www.wffoundation.org - Wildland Firefighter Foundation
CrabbyMcNab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #3
WeaponsCollector
EXTREME GUN OWNER

I've donated to all 3 in the past and I think that's it for 2A CFC charities.
Will probably donate to them again this year along with St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvee View Post
Do any military or federal workers here contribute to any pro 2A groups using the Combined Federal Campaign. If so, what are the groups?

I found these already:

Gun Owners Foundation.
Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10042. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521297380. Overhead: 10.7%. Program Areas: W I M.
Website Address: www.gunowners.org. Phone Number: (703)321-8585.

NRA Foundation, Inc., The.
Supports eligible programs within the NRA, law enforcement, and other community-based agencies that foster firearms safety and education, constitutional education, and wildlife conservation management.
CFC # code, used for making designations: 11872. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521710886. Overhead: 0.3%. Program Areas: O N R.
Website Address: www.nrafoundation.org. Phone Number: (888)467-2363.

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.
Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs.
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10006. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521136665. Overhead: 11.5%. Program Areas: R.
Website Address: www.nradefensefund.org. Phone Number: (703)267

Gun Control! Because a violent criminal who ignores laws against rape, robbery, and even murder will really care about gun laws...
WeaponsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #4
SirMrManGuy

I think these are also eligible under united way pledge drives (our admins bug the shit out of us to donate). Many large companies provide matching.
SirMrManGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #5
jjbduke2004

I've sent the NRA Foundation some bucks via CFC. Also USA Shooting, the NGB for the Olympic teams.

Not 2A, but gun related: Remember the Brave Foundation (sponsored Memorial Day weekend matches at Quantico).

Hunting Related: NWTF, Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited all have CFC numbers.

jjbduke2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #6
RobMoore
The Mad Scientist

I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC. Supervisors are always on a quest for that. I suspect they get something for having all their employees donate.

A58581 / A28264
You may not be able to miss fast enough to win a gunfight, but you can definitely hit slow enough to lose one.
RobMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #7
Rattlesnake46319
Curmidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC.
Good man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton
well, this degenerated from unnecessary to downright bizarre in a hurry.
Rattlesnake46319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #8
jjbduke2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC. Supervisors are always on a quest for that. I suspect they get something for having all their employees donate.
My boss doesn't care :-) He appointed me a CFC keyworker (actually appointed a coworker as lead guy, who then deputized me) and said nothing for the remainder of the campaign.

jjbduke2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #9
SirMrManGuy

Also I take some sick pleasure thinking about the girl who processes the United Way checks being disgusted that she has to sign a matched check to the gun owners foundation.
SirMrManGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #10
swinokur
In a State of Denial

When I was in the Army, my CO wanted everyone in our company to buy savings bonds. Guess it made him look good. I resented being told every day to participate in a voluntary program. The more he asked, the more I refused. He finally quit asking. Maybe that's why I didn't get past E-3.

I view the CFC the same way. Donate directly to the charity if you want to. Or do as posted to piss of the libs and donate to a 2A charity. either one works.
swinokur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #11
chrisflhtc

Giving to the GOA through CFC
C

"I acknowledge that such a debt [of service to my fellow-citizens] exists, that a tour of duty in whatever line he can be most useful to his country, is due from every individual. It is not easy perhaps to say of what length exactly that tour should be, but we may safely say of what length it should not be. Not of our whole life, for instance, for that would be to be born a slave--not even of a very large portion of it." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1793. ME 9:118
chrisflhtc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #12
aray

Why go through the CFC at all? I just donate to the charities I support directly. That way I know they get every penny I donate, immediately, without having a small "handling charge" siphoned off and the latency of moving through a third party.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #13
K31
You're Harshing My Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aray View Post
Why go through the CFC at all? I just donate to the charities I support directly. That way I know they get every penny I donate, immediately, without having a small "handling charge" siphoned off and the latency of moving through a third party.
If you designate charities through CFC they receive 100% of your donation.

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

"The 'War on Poverty? Whose side are they on?" - Carl, caller to WMAL talk show
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #14
RobMoore
The Mad Scientist

Each charity in CFC has a percentage number disclosed. That percentage is how much of your money goes to administrative costs. I haven't looked through the book lately, but I don't think there are many if any at "0".

A58581 / A28264
You may not be able to miss fast enough to win a gunfight, but you can definitely hit slow enough to lose one.
RobMoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues