Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #1
mvee
Senior Member
 
mvee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crofton
Posts: 1,489
2A and the Combined Federal Campaign

Do any military or federal workers here contribute to any pro 2A groups using the Combined Federal Campaign. If so, what are the groups?

I found these already:

Gun Owners Foundation.
Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10042. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521297380. Overhead: 10.7%. Program Areas: W I M.
Website Address: www.gunowners.org. Phone Number: (703)321-8585.


NRA Foundation, Inc., The.
Supports eligible programs within the NRA, law enforcement, and other community-based agencies that foster firearms safety and education, constitutional education, and wildlife conservation management.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 11872. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521710886. Overhead: 0.3%. Program Areas: O N R.
Website Address: www.nrafoundation.org. Phone Number: (888)467-2363.


NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.
Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10006. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521136665. Overhead: 11.5%. Program Areas: R.
Website Address: www.nradefensefund.org. Phone Number: (703)267
mvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #2
CrabbyMcNab
Senior Member
 
CrabbyMcNab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,952
I looked but didn't see MSI in there.


__________________
"Game? I was born game, sis, and I hope to die in that condition!" (Rooster Cogburn)

www.nleomf.com - National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund

www.wffoundation.org - Wildland Firefighter Foundation
CrabbyMcNab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #3
WeaponsCollector
EXTREME GUN OWNER
 
WeaponsCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 8,592
Images: 36
I've donated to all 3 in the past and I think that's it for 2A CFC charities.
Will probably donate to them again this year along with St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mvee View Post
Do any military or federal workers here contribute to any pro 2A groups using the Combined Federal Campaign. If so, what are the groups?

I found these already:

Gun Owners Foundation.
Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10042. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521297380. Overhead: 10.7%. Program Areas: W I M.
Website Address: www.gunowners.org. Phone Number: (703)321-8585.


NRA Foundation, Inc., The.
Supports eligible programs within the NRA, law enforcement, and other community-based agencies that foster firearms safety and education, constitutional education, and wildlife conservation management.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 11872. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521710886. Overhead: 0.3%. Program Areas: O N R.
Website Address: www.nrafoundation.org. Phone Number: (888)467-2363.


NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.
Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs.
Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
CFC # code, used for making designations: 10006. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521136665. Overhead: 11.5%. Program Areas: R.
Website Address: www.nradefensefund.org. Phone Number: (703)267


__________________
...the doctrine of non-resistance against arbitrary power and oppression is absurd, slavish and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.-MARYLAND CONSTITUTION-DECLARATION OF RIGHTS Art. 6

Gun Control! Because a violent criminal who ignores laws against rape, robbery, and even murder will really care about gun laws...
WeaponsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #4
SirMrManGuy
Member
 
SirMrManGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taupo NZ
Posts: 226
I think these are also eligible under united way pledge drives (our admins bug the shit out of us to donate). Many large companies provide matching.
SirMrManGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #5
jjbduke2004
Senior Member
 
jjbduke2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
Posts: 1,431
I've sent the NRA Foundation some bucks via CFC. Also USA Shooting, the NGB for the Olympic teams.

Not 2A, but gun related: Remember the Brave Foundation (sponsored Memorial Day weekend matches at Quantico).

Hunting Related: NWTF, Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited all have CFC numbers.


__________________
-JJB
Got XTC??? NRA High Power Service Rifle Expert. Garand and 1903A3 aficionado.
Member of ANJRPC (& Cherry Ridge Range), SAF (life), and NRA (Patron)
jjbduke2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #6
RobMoore
The Mad Scientist
 
RobMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: QA
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC. Supervisors are always on a quest for that. I suspect they get something for having all their employees donate.


__________________

A58581 / A28264
You may not be able to miss fast enough to win a gunfight, but you can definitely hit slow enough to lose one.
RobMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #7
Rattlesnake46319
Curmidget
 
Rattlesnake46319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 10,390
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC.
Good man!


__________________
"The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time, and with utter recklessness" - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton
well, this degenerated from unnecessary to downright bizarre in a hurry.
Rattlesnake46319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #8
jjbduke2004
Senior Member
 
jjbduke2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC. Supervisors are always on a quest for that. I suspect they get something for having all their employees donate.
My boss doesn't care :-) He appointed me a CFC keyworker (actually appointed a coworker as lead guy, who then deputized me) and said nothing for the remainder of the campaign.


__________________
-JJB
Got XTC??? NRA High Power Service Rifle Expert. Garand and 1903A3 aficionado.
Member of ANJRPC (& Cherry Ridge Range), SAF (life), and NRA (Patron)
jjbduke2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #9
SirMrManGuy
Member
 
SirMrManGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taupo NZ
Posts: 226
Also I take some sick pleasure thinking about the girl who processes the United Way checks being disgusted that she has to sign a matched check to the gun owners foundation.
SirMrManGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #10
swinokur
In a State of Denial
 
swinokur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bethesda
Posts: 17,793
When I was in the Army, my CO wanted everyone in our company to buy savings bonds. Guess it made him look good. I resented being told every day to participate in a voluntary program. The more he asked, the more I refused. He finally quit asking. Maybe that's why I didn't get past E-3.

I view the CFC the same way. Donate directly to the charity if you want to. Or do as posted to piss of the libs and donate to a 2A charity. either one works.
swinokur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #11
chrisflhtc
Member
 
chrisflhtc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hagerstown
Posts: 538
Giving to the GOA through CFC
C


__________________
"I acknowledge that such a debt [of service to my fellow-citizens] exists, that a tour of duty in whatever line he can be most useful to his country, is due from every individual. It is not easy perhaps to say of what length exactly that tour should be, but we may safely say of what length it should not be. Not of our whole life, for instance, for that would be to be born a slave--not even of a very large portion of it." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1793. ME 9:118
chrisflhtc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #12
aray
Senior Member
 
aray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Crownsville, AA Co.
Posts: 2,543
Why go through the CFC at all? I just donate to the charities I support directly. That way I know they get every penny I donate, immediately, without having a small "handling charge" siphoned off and the latency of moving through a third party.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #13
K31
You're Harshing My Mellow
 
K31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: AA county
Posts: 17,412
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aray View Post
Why go through the CFC at all? I just donate to the charities I support directly. That way I know they get every penny I donate, immediately, without having a small "handling charge" siphoned off and the latency of moving through a third party.
If you designate charities through CFC they receive 100% of your donation.


__________________
Giving "respectful, civil gun owners a bad name" since January 15th, 2006.

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

"The 'War on Poverty? Whose side are they on?" - Carl, caller to WMAL talk show
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #14
RobMoore
The Mad Scientist
 
RobMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: QA
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
Each charity in CFC has a percentage number disclosed. That percentage is how much of your money goes to administrative costs. I haven't looked through the book lately, but I don't think there are many if any at "0".


__________________

A58581 / A28264
You may not be able to miss fast enough to win a gunfight, but you can definitely hit slow enough to lose one.
RobMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013, Maryland Shooters, LLC