Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns

Old August 19th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Winterborn
Senior Milk Drinker

Hawes Western Six Shooter

Hi all,

My mother-in-laws' boyfriend let me borrow this to try out at the range. I'm thinking about purchasing it, depending on how it shoots.

Its a Hawes Firearms Western Six Shooter .22 mag / .22 LR. It has two different cylinders, one for each caliber.

The bluing is faded on the barrel and down the ejector rod casing, mostly from holster wear. The action is extremely smooth, and the hammer snaps if you think the word "squeeze" hard enough (ie extremely sensitive trigger).

Seems like a nicely built gun, very solid, but the one grip is broken (plastic) by having the bottom front corner broken off.

I have no idea what its worth, or how it shoots. Would it be prudent to take to a gunsmith first before range-testing it? I'm leaning towards this....

Anyway, on to the good stuff: pics!

Its a pretty neat little gun, and i'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

Cheers.

Or what menace meet on the road." - The Havamal

Member - NRA, Maryland Shall Issue, and Freestate Gun Range

Suzuki Boulevard C50T - "Summer Wind"
Winterborn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #2
joppaj

Sheepdog

It should be safe but I would have it checked out out of an abundance of caution. You may want to check the bluebook value on that before you talk about buying.

Supporting our MDS Industry Partners helps keep MDS online. PLEASE give them a chance to earn your business and tell them that you found them here.

Quote:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.- Col. Jeff Cooper
joppaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #3
9mm
guns and glory

I would but just for the fun facter .
9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #4
Ab_Normal
Ab_member

Hawes revolvers are inexpensive but functional firearms. I think they were on par with the Lorcins of the semi-auto world. Built heavy out of weaker metal yet still functional. Without any external sgns of distress I would shoot the thing seeing how it is only a .22.

I wouldn't give over $150ish for this revolver.

“There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply, through executive order, ignore those congressional mandates, would not conform with my appropriate role as president.” Barrack Obama 3/28/11 from cnsnews.com
Ab_Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #5
hairba111
XGMG2

Looks like it needs a good cleaning.

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

When it comes to firearms, a license or permit only ALLOWS us to own or carry a firearm. The SECOND AMENDMENT GUARANTEES that we CAN! We don't need to be ALLOWED to. Therefore licenses and permits are UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
hairba111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns