• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Had a good time sweating my arse off with you guys. Wish I could of stayed longer but it is hard being out with the new born.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I got to chat with Brian Murphy for a few minutes and I was very impressed with him and what he had to say. Unlike any of the other names in the hat for governor, he actually took the time to show up and hang out with us for a bit. Of course it helps that I agree with him 100% on all of his political opinions, but still...

I'm going to do what I can to help him out. He is definitely in our camp on 2A issues.

http://www.brianmurphy2010.com

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
      IMG_0527.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 265

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Where was everybody? The handfull of us that made it managed to hand out quite a few fliers but the turnout really should have been better. How the crap are we supposed to make our point if hardly anybody shows up?

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Thanks to all who set up this event, and the 30 or so that joined us on a hot, steamy day. The logistics and administrivia hoops that they went through to pull this off was not insignificant. I think we made some converts during our walkabouts and thats whats important.

To those that didn't show, I realize everyone is busy with lives, wives, jobs, etc. I've missed a few of these myself for those reasons.

I don't know how many forum members there are, but I do know we can get 150+ to show up twice a year on the Eastern Shore to have fun busting caps, it would be awesome if we could do the same fighting for the cause.

Attachments

• ohr1.jpg
      ohr1.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 238
    • ohr2.jpg
      ohr2.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 243
    • ohr3.jpg
      ohr3.jpg
      75.5 KB · Views: 238
    • ohr4.jpg
      ohr4.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 243
    • ohr5.jpg
      ohr5.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 238
    • ohr6.jpg
      ohr6.jpg
      74.9 KB · Views: 237
    Last edited by a moderator:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Maybe next time 100 or 200 of us!

Anyway, is there room for a few more pictures?

Attachments

• 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      107 KB · Views: 222
    • 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      98.9 KB · Views: 218
    • 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      88.9 KB · Views: 213
    Last edited by a moderator:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    First off, a very big "Thank You" to everyone who took time out of their busy lives to stop by. The high temps, bright sun and Maryland humidity are always a challenge.

Despite some logistic snafus, we did what we intended to do. We got some people to consider CCW in Maryland. It is always surprising to talk with people and find out how little they know about current 2nd Amendment issues (Heller, McDonald, etc.). We get them thinking and hopefully they will talk with others and so on. It was interesting to watch people in the cars going around the circle. They would slow down to see what was going on. Again, some off them will start to think.

I always consider it a sucess to spend the day with fellow enthusist, talk guns and gun laws, work on my sun tan and sweat off 5 to 10 lbs. Some people would pay good money to do any one of those things.

Thank you again for those who joined us, for the whole day or even for a few minutes.

I'm already thinking about the next Open Holster Rally, the Number 5 might be our lucky number. :D

-Boxcab

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was thrilled to have joined you all there for the rally. I know we got a few folks' attention, and we all know that's "more than none" (although, I do have to say I expected more than 30-ish to turn out for it).

I'm also thankful to only be in 2 pictures, but that's another story!!

;-))

I will definitely keep a more tuned eye to the site for future opportunities to help the cause.

"Good onya" folks!! Hopefully, we'll get there!!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Chat Goes Well

Mr. Ahmed and I are to have breakfast together tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes from there.

Breakfast lasted two just under two hours! Mr. Ahmed's a very conservative democrat who supports the right of self defense. He knows that he would be most useful to us if he were assigned to the Judiciary Committee, but thinks based on his business background that assignment to another committee is more probable.

Shukoor immigrated from India in 1988 and is quick to praise America for the opportunities she offers.

Part of his research for a Masters Degree from American University was an analysis of the Brady Bill. He made clear that he thought background checks served a useful purpose, but saw some wisdom in my only criticism of the Bill when I asked, "Of those stopped from purchasing a firearm, how many were arrested for illegally trying to gain access to one."?

I extended an invitation to attend the Aug 8th general meeting and he placed a note on his calendar.

It was a nice to have a candidate reach out for information about our cause.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Breakfast lasted two just under two hours! Mr. Ahmed's a very conservative democrat who supports the right of self defense. He knows that he would be most useful to us if he were assigned to the Judiciary Committee, but thinks based on his business background that assignment to another committee is more probable.

Shukoor immigrated from India in 1988 and is quick to praise America for the opportunities she offers.

Part of his research for a Masters Degree from American University was an analysis of the Brady Bill. He made clear that he thought background checks served a useful purpose, but saw some wisdom in my only criticism of the Bill when I asked, "Of those stopped from purchasing a firearm, how many were arrested for illegally trying to gain access to one."?

I extended an invitation to attend the Aug 8th general meeting and he placed a note on his calendar.

It was a nice to have a candidate reach out for information about our cause.

Great job Don!

It sounds like his win would be a step in the right direction for gun rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom