Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles > AK Group Build

Old December 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #1
fivepointstar

Romanian Pump Action AK-47

Does anyone have any experiences with these. They resemble AK-47 but they are pump action made in Romania. They are affordable at Allan's Armory

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=36

They shoot a 7.62x39 and 10 rd magazine. My guess is even though they resemble an AK, they are pump action (not SA) so they are NOT regulated. What are your thoughts?? here are some pics....extremely fascinating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Romanian PAR 1a.jpg (17.2 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg Romanian PAR 1b.jpg (17.0 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg StarTrekSpockFascinating1.jpg (43.9 KB, 196 views)

"In the future there will be no hunger, there will be no greed, and all the children will know how to read."

I'm a political prisoner in a Maryland Gulag

Disclaimer: Expressed above are my personal opinions. If you wish to complain, kindly take a number.
fivepointstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #2
DD214

Founder/Head Geek

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my life. Why?!?

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
--G.K. Chesterton
DD214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Inigoes
Head'n for the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD214 View Post
Guessing, so it can be used for hunting

Life NRA Member (RSO Certified), Life SAF Member, Sanners Lake Sportsman Club member, MSI Member, USPSA Member (RO Certified), CMP Member, MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor, MD DNR Hunter Safety Instructor, MD Designated Collector, Veteran of Foreign Wars, Legionnare, and closet cruffler (C&R).

Buy More Ammo

Από τα νεκρά κρύα χέρια μου.
Inigoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #4
h2u
Village Idiot

I saw one at the fall shoot. Don't know who was shooting it.

Antaa tulla vaan!
h2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Inigoes
Head'n for the hills

Actually, it's the result of California
Quote:
Romanian PAR-1. {7.62X39mm}. Serial# P1-01300-02. This is a California legal pump action "AK" type rifle. It is not semi-automatic. In "NOS" condition (New, Old Stock). Wood is in VG+ condition. Metal finish 98%+. Has side rail for a back to zero QD scope mount, and iron sites. Comes one 10 round mag. Barrel is 18", the last two inches being a smooth tube. Bore is new with VG+ to Excellent lands, grooves shine. $235

Life NRA Member (RSO Certified), Life SAF Member, Sanners Lake Sportsman Club member, MSI Member, USPSA Member (RO Certified), CMP Member, MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor, MD DNR Hunter Safety Instructor, MD Designated Collector, Veteran of Foreign Wars, Legionnare, and closet cruffler (C&R).

Buy More Ammo

Old December 20th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #6
Inigoes
Head'n for the hills

Still regulated, per the regulated firearms list:
Quote:
AK-47 in all forms

Buy More Ammo

Old December 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Jimbob2.0

Somone here has one on the photo board, as a collectible item it is interesting and probably will be eclectic as they certainly didnt make a boatload of them. However I still say why why why for more general use.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #8
ThePhantomPatriot
Politically Incorrect

Thats ummmm.... interesting looking. I would only purchase one because like Jim Bob said there aren't many made and it may become collectible. Other than that I probably wouldn't buy one.

-Maryland Shall Issue Sustaining Member
-How Free Are You? Admin
ThePhantomPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #9
Markp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD214 View Post
England and California... The English can't own real guns anymore, which is what these were originally built for IIRC.

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #10
armed ferret
I <3 NH4NO3AL

some guys on gunco have bought them, opened up the mag well, added a real gas block and a few other small parts, and ended up with a nice AK on a true military receiver.

with Y stamp...and dimples.
armed ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #11
Jimbob2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by armed ferret View Post
some guys on gunco have bought them, opened up the mag well, added a real gas block and a few other small parts, and ended up with a nice AK on a true military receiver.

with Y stamp...and dimples.
Is that even legal? And I didnt know that Ystamps and dimples differentiated AK's that much my Chinese guns have both. Also how can it be a true military receiver if it is "skinny mag'd"

That is an interesting thought buy it for the reciever, if it was a $235 gunshow pick-up that might not be bad but you are looking at about $300 by the time you get it here. Again a novelty and as an AK collector it has some appeal

I would be more worried about that cheezy pump action breaking.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #12
Jaybeez

Its still an ak. The gas block is undrilled. The foreend is attached to the gas piston, which no longer serves as a gas piston, but instead acts like a shotgun's action bar.

They've been around forever, and can be converted to a high cap semi auto, but not worth it anymore since there are better options out now.

Old December 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #13
alucard0822
For great Justice

probably good for hunting in PA with the retarded "no semi-auto" fudd inspired game law.

"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #14
Jaybeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Is that even legal? And I didnt know that Ystamps and dimples differentiated AK's that much my Chinese guns have both. Also how can it be a true military receiver if it is "skinny mag'd"

That is an interesting thought buy it for the reciever, if it was a $235 gunshow pick-up that might not be bad but you are looking at about $300 by the time you get it here. Again a novelty and as an AK collector it has some appeal

The pump gun is technically a WASR variant. The dimples and y stamp are not usually found on wasr rifles, so the one pictures is a little unique. Every other ak except the saiga have either dimples or lightening cuts. A Y stamp is hot or miss depending on the manufacturer.

The low cap mag well can be opened up to a high cap magwell in a few minutes with a dremel and a file. Thats all century arms does with any high cap wasr once its been imported to their warehouse. They all start as lowcap rifles. Century opens the magwell and adds the cheapest 5 us made compliance parts they can find.

Old December 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #15
armed ferret
I <3 NH4NO3AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Is that even legal?
What, the Y stamp? Sure. Hole = machine gun. Marking where a hole would go != machine gun. There's more necessary than just a hole, of course...and i am most certainly in NO way condoning or encouraging the illegal manufacture of a machine gun by an unlicensed individual. Just putting the info out there that it's more "correct" than a lot of AK's in just that respect alone.

Quote:
And I didnt know that Ystamps and dimples differentiated AK's that much my Chinese guns have both.
That's because your chinese guns are built on real military receivers.

Quote:
Also how can it be a true military receiver if it is "skinny mag'd"
Because it's made on the same production line, and every other machining step is exactly the same, except the mag well cut. They just cut it smaller. Easily opened up to double-stack dimensions. Like super easy. Super-duper easy.

Quote:
It's not meant for heavy-duty CQB use. It's meant either for occasional plinking, california-safe shooting (same/same), or hunting. None of those will cause it to see serious use. The only other use it has, is fodder for a semi conversion. At which point the pump action is no longer a factor.

Even easier, would be to buy a stripped romanian barrel and the corresponding parts (unless you can find complete barrel assemblies still, probably here and there on gunbroker) and just swap out. Would take a lot less time.

Not that I've given any thought to it, of course. AK's are scary and used only by terrorists. Jim Zumbo said so.
armed ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #16
smores
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Send a message via AIM to smores
I guess the only real positive could be that it has a longer sight radius... but that's negated because it's attached to the top cover.

THE LIBERTY TREE IS PARCHED
smores is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles > AK Group Build