• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    How do you go about legally turning a semi-only AR into a true SF? Safe/Semi/Auto.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    there is a Select Fire conversion kit available. However, it renders your cell phone completely useless.

Sorry...saw the title and couldn't pass up the correlation. Apologies for jacking the thread for a joke that never gets old.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    there is a Select Fire conversion kit available. However, it renders your cell phone completely useless.

Sorry...saw the title and couldn't pass up the correlation. Apologies for jacking the thread for a joke that never gets old.

i thought it was funny:innocent0

evilf150

Aug 28, 2009
    essex

love it:lol2::lol::thumbsup:

Ultimate Member
    easy, you go to sometime before 1986 and do it. Second, you realize that automatic weapons are just like any other capitalist product and need to be developed. So you become a class III manufacturer. You have to pay a lot, but once you have this status you can manufacture machine guns, legally.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    -Find an already registered auto sear and install it (as already mentioned)
    -Become licensed to manufature Class III (already mentioned)
    -Become a police agency (good luck with that one)
    -Take a boat outside of US territorial waters and make one, but don,t bring it back.
    -Move to Montana and wait to see if their recent law claiming the NFA and GCA are moot for guns only to be used in Montana survives the Supreme Court
    -Go to a country where it is legal and do it
    -Find a pre 1968 M16 with the select fire permanently disabled and hope they do another 90 day amnesty period for registering certain full auto again so you can convert it and register it

In other words, except for installing an expensive, registered auto sear, forget about it.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    As said before, your best bet is an RDIAS. They go from 10-13k in today's market... for $2 worth of metal :) You can also look into Lightning Links for a little cheaper but if your going to spend the cash get an RDIAS.

Ultimate Member
    we should have one member start a company and then get class III manufacturer status. Then just use this institution for everyone else to make automatics and keep them at the company. We'd save a lot of money and be able to make anything we want. Even automatic Mosin's.

I have a few prints in my 3D CAD's.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    we should have one member start a company and then get class III manufacturer status. Then just use this institution for everyone else to make automatics and keep them at the company. We'd save a lot of money and be able to make anything we want. Even automatic Mosin's.

I have a few prints in my 3D CAD's.
    Automatic Mosins would probably be heavy and a little complicated like the full auto .303 Enfields were. It would be easier and probably lighter to make a straight pull bolt action like a K31 full auto IMO.

Ultimate Member
    Automatic Mosins would probably be heavy and a little complicated like the full auto .303 Enfields were. It would be easier and probably lighter to make a straight pull bolt action like a K31 full auto IMO.

we just need the approval from the ATF. Then we can all be employees.

I disagree. My design essentially puts some pins in the mosin, adds to the magazine well and allows the unit to pin on top.

Maybe we could see if LWRC would allow us to make stuff there.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    we just need the approval from the ATF. Then we can all be employees.

I disagree. My design essentially puts some pins in the mosin, adds to the magazine well and allows the unit to pin on top.

Maybe we could see if LWRC would allow us to make stuff there.
    What? No gas bleed off or pistons? The full auto .303 Enfields (there were two, each from different eras IIRC) used a gas piston and cams IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom