• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Interesting videos comparing AR vs. AK reliability

Ultimate Member
    these videos suck and are shitfull at best. That is a AK-105 or something, not an AK-47 or civilian variant. The mags are good for the AR, but just shit mags for the .223 AK.

This video proves nothing except that AR owners are dumb pricks that will go to any length to justify how their $2,000 rifle is outperformed by the third world $350 AK.

oh, did the Ak feel hot? No, but the AR did.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Lame... I have an Arsenal AK. Although that's some rocky ass dirt... I don't like Cavalry Arms lowers, they're butt fugly.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I dont buy this test at all.

My experience shows both platforms have their turds, and properly built vaiants from each model will shine under adverse conditions.

Any gun person worth their salt has a quality AR and AK in their arsenal.

Ideally the big difference as I see it:

-AR's

More complex and expensive to manufacture a quality variant.

VERY reliable IF they are well lubed, good maintenance requires more training.

Issued Magazines are weak and prone to damage/malfunction. (Magpuls are a good fix). Magazines are LIGHT

More refined ergos but requires less training to use it effectively.

Lighter Recoil and generally more accurate, and ammunition is lighter.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    -AK's

Less complex and inexpensive to manufacture a quality variant.

VERY relaible even if they are NOT well lubed., maintenance required little training.

Issued Magazines are VERY ROBUST and reliable. Magazines are HEAVY

Less refined ergos and requires MORE training to use it effectively.

Heavier Recoil and generally less accurate (7.62 Variant), and ammunition is heavier. (5.45x39 AK's negate this point)

helg

Dec 26, 2008
    These guys have no idea how real mud looks like.

At first, it is not always dry...

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    I forget where I saw it, but on another forum the video has been apparently proven to be a fake. Someone broke it down shot-by-shot and the ar wasnt firing all rounds...just a generic bang. It was something of that nature, now I just need to remember where I saw it...

EDIT: Rather I should say that fallacies were found in the video...fake was the wrong word.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    OOoook, messed that one up. a thread on ak47.net had this video in a post, then another in the same post. the second one was refuted and proven bs, so i stand corrected.

The only thing Ill say is that the .223 ak's, although yes, still an ak, do tend to have more malf's that the 7.62 & 5.45 variety. nonetheless, show me one video that has the ak on the losing end of a reliability test and ill show you 5 vice versa. the ar is a fine platform no doubt, but i think most know who wins the reliability category.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    An AK can be used by any two bit nation's most illiterate conscripts to fight elite forces worldwide. the M16/M4 is used by elite forces worldwide to kill two bit nations' most illiterate conscripts.

thread over:D

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    AK is no doubt more reliable then the AR in extreme conditions where proper maintanence can not be achieved. Put me in the middle of no where with a rifle and ammo, but nothing to clean or oil the rifle with and I choose the AK. Does that make the AK superior, not in my opinion. They are both purpose built rifles that excell at what they were built to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom