• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I ordered this revolver expecting it to arrive with some holster wear on the bluing, a well used but usable bore, faded bluing all over the gun but still there, shitty and well used wood grips that still had some use and the gun made sometime after WWII and rough but working mechanics.

Instead I get an aresnal refinished revovler with a new crowning on the barrel, a nice bore, almost untarnished bluing, no holster wear, perfectly working mechanics (as far as I would know), nice almost unused wood grips, and a year of manufacture of 1940......I cannot be more disapointed in my purchase from AIM ;):party29::cool:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I ordered this revolver expecting it to arrive with some holster wear on the bluing, a well used but usable bore, faded bluing all over the gun but still there, shitty and well used wood grips that still had some use and the gun made sometime after WWII and rough but working mechanics.

Instead I get an aresnal refinished revovler with a new crowning on the barrel, a nice bore, almost untarnished bluing, no holster wear, perfectly working mechanics (as far as I would know), nice almost unused wood grips, and a year of manufacture of 1940......I cannot be more disapointed in my purchase from AIM ;):party29::cool:

I like you. I'll consider it an honor to help you out. I'll give you 25% of what you paid for it, I you see am a compassionate conservative. :liar:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I like you. I'll consider it an honor to help you out. I'll give you 25% of what you paid for it, I you see am a compassionate conservative. :liar:

Sure, let me put a 10,000 rounds through it first and I'll sell it to ya for that price ;)
    Of course though I will sell it to you with the used 10,000 rounds of brass for twice what I paid for the gun because I have a slight Libertarian streak in me and it what the market demands, the market demands :D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    How's the trigger pull on that thing? I have heard it is staggering.

"Staggering", 'nuff said. :shocking:

I thought I had stong fingers until I tried to pull the trigger using just the tip of one.....great excersise though.
    In single action it is even heavy, but manageable. To be honest though, I am not complaining. :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I've heard that DA its up around 20 pounds, I wasn't sure if that was an exaggeration.

I saw a "mod" where someone lodged a coin in the action of the revolver and it reduced the trigger pull substantially, but made the trigger not reset properly, for a range gun that might not be a bad way to go.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Sure, let me put a 10,000 rounds through it first and I'll sell it to ya for that price ;)
    Of course though I will sell it to you with the used 10,000 rounds of brass for twice what I paid for the gun because I have a slight Libertarian streak in me and it what the market demands, the market demands :D

Uhhhh yeah but 10K rounds later? WTF, you think it's a Ruger? :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    This gun is fricken awesome. I just learned how to remove the cylinder. Funny thing about this revolver is that it would be easier and quicker to reload by removing the cylinder and replacing with a loaded one than it is to use the extractor rod and the loading gate. At about $75 a piece, extra cylinders are cheap, they just come with a gun attached :D

The mechanisms are just crazy. The way it pushes the cylinder forward is ingenious and something I always wondered. I am so glad I bought this revovler now and I am actually thinking about getting another one.
    Even the loading gate is ingenious and serves a dual purpose. See, it seems to be part of the timing too by the top of the gate mating up with notches on the outside of the cylinder.
    The ejector rod works so well and smoothly that I am shocked this gun is 67 years old.
    The grips have hidden screw heads that are on the inside and make one wonder how to take them off.

When the many millions of examples are sold out in ten or twenty years, these will turn out to be a decent investment :rolleyes:
    But seriously, the thing is a mechanical and gun design wonder and I am shocked they cost so little right now regardless of supply. They also would make great self defense guns in a pinch too IMO. I have been looking up the ballistics and they are a tad better than .32 magnum.....and as a matter of fact it is possible to fire .32 magnum out of these.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    This gun is fricken awesome. I just learned how to remove the cylinder. Funny thing about this revolver is that it would be easier and quicker to reload by removing the cylinder and replacing with a loaded one than it is to use the extractor rod and the loading gate. At about $75 a piece, extra cylinders are cheap, they just come with a gun attached :D

The mechanisms are just crazy. The way it pushes the cylinder forward is ingenious and something I always wondered. I am so glad I bought this revovler now and I am actually thinking about getting another one.
    Even the loading gate is ingenious and serves a dual purpose. See, it seems to be part of the timing too by the top of the gate mating up with notches on the outside of the cylinder.
    The ejector rod works so well and smoothly that I am shocked this gun is 67 years old.
    The grips have hidden screw heads that are on the inside and make one wonder how to take them off.

When the many millions of examples are sold out in ten or twenty years, these will turn out to be a decent investment :rolleyes:
    But seriously, the thing is a mechanical and gun design wonder and I am shocked they cost so little right now regardless of supply. They also would make great self defense guns in a pinch too IMO. I have been looking up the ballistics and they are a tad better than .32 magnum.....and as a matter of fact it is possible to fire .32 magnum out of these.
    Are all the cylinders Regulated to the frame/barrel you are shooting? :eek:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Are all the cylinders Regulated to the frame/barrel you are shooting? :eek:

Maybe not, but it is not a target or match revolver so I doubt it really matters much. If it indexes and moves forward properly, then the timing is the only remaining concern I would guess and since the barrel fits into the recess on the cylinder I would think that there is absolutely no problem with barrel/cylinder alingment once they mate with each other.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Instead I get an aresnal refinished revovler with a new crowning on the barrel, a nice bore, almost untarnished bluing, no holster wear, perfectly working mechanics (as far as I would know), nice almost unused wood grips, and a year of manufacture of 1940......I cannot be more disapointed in my purchase from AIM ;):party29::cool:[/QUOTE]

Did you pay the extra $10.00 for the hand pick and how much was the approx. shipping. I was thinking of picking one up also. Thanks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom