Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region

Old July 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #201
mancheechee
Daily Trigger

I drive up to Oakland MD deep creek area.
SangRunSports has a make shift range behind their store that I can try out different weapons (used ofcourse). I typically end up buying from them because of the service is superb. The price is phenomenal! It's a drive, but not bad if one makes it a short getaway at the lake trip with it.
mancheechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #202
JOBU
Banned

Just my 3rd post but I've got to add my three cents about Atlantic Firearms in SS.

1. Just 4 blocks away from my place. I should be glad, right? Nope!

2. Service is absolutely atrocious. Surliness just flows out that door. Only a young, blonde dude in his 20's provides a quality experience & service. The rest of the staff is so unpleasant that I can't even imagine how many sales they've lost because of their attitude.

3. Inventory is very good. Prices? Absolutely inflated beyond reasonableness. I did purchase a handgun at slightly inflated, but for MOCO, I did not flinge. But during my last visit I purchased .380 ammo. For basic crap range ammo I paid $25 per 50rd/box! That same day I went across the river and got Remington 95gr FMJ for only $14 plus tax.

4. $95 pls registration fee for an FFL transfer? For doing what? Pushing a couple of sheets of paper? If they wanna make a sale they could at least meet one half-way between the online prices and their own. But since they can't gouge you on their sticker price, they try to gouge you on the FFL xfer.

5. Don't give me the excuse of high SS rent. If they don't own the spot, then they're lousy business men. They should've purchased when the market in SS sucked.

Atlantic Firearms....they've lost me as a customer forever (mostly for the lousy service). Adios!!
JOBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #203
swinokur
In a State of Denial

First, welcome to MDS,

I agree about prices but the Rockville store staff has been nice to me,
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #204
luv2shoot

i bought three guns from rockville store and their prices are not bad. i thought the rifle was a bit high but considering transfer fees, shipping fees and shell casing fees, they also have the gun i want in stock and i can handle it before i buy it doesnt seems like a bad deal to me.
luv2shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #205
Wayne1one
gun aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBU View Post
Just my 3rd post but I've got to add my three cents about Atlantic Firearms in SS.

1. Just 4 blocks away from my place. I should be glad, right? Nope!

2. Service is absolutely atrocious. Surliness just flows out that door. Only a young, blonde dude in his 20's provides a quality experience & service. The rest of the staff is so unpleasant that I can't even imagine how many sales they've lost because of their attitude.

3. Inventory is very good. Prices? Absolutely inflated beyond reasonableness. I did purchase a handgun at slightly inflated, but for MOCO, I did not flinge. But during my last visit I purchased .380 ammo. For basic crap range ammo I paid $25 per 50rd/box! That same day I went across the river and got Remington 95gr FMJ for only $14 plus tax.

4. $95 pls registration fee for an FFL transfer? For doing what? Pushing a couple of sheets of paper? If they wanna make a sale they could at least meet one half-way between the online prices and their own. But since they can't gouge you on their sticker price, they try to gouge you on the FFL xfer.

5. Don't give me the excuse of high SS rent. If they don't own the spot, then they're lousy business men. They should've purchased when the market in SS sucked.

Atlantic Firearms....they've lost me as a customer forever (mostly for the lousy service). Adios!!
I feel the same way, the little old guy that walks around all grouchy like he is mad because he woke up today. His customer service is piss poor.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #206
swinokur
In a State of Denial

Rockville is marginally better for attitude. Prices are MSRP or worse. I think it's not a coincidence they have NO presence here as an industry partner. The problem is the schmos who live here will walk in and pay their outrageous prices. Not me

I go to Engage or Gun Connection or 2A for cheerful service and reasonable prices and who support MDS as well.

Really crappy way to run a business. I agree they have probably lost a good bit of business at least from those of us who know better.

Old February 18th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #207
sandbanger
how's it going eisenhower

Okay i had to call atlantic, literally just got off the phone with them,

I asked the guy if its 95$ for an ffl transfer, he laughed and said No, No, No. its only 90$

bwhahaha for serious
sandbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #208
JOBU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one View Post
I feel the same way, the little old guy that walks around all grouchy like he is mad because he woke up today. His customer service is piss poor.
In my initial post I did not want to identify him, but...that's him.

There is also some other guy (40ish) at Atlantic Guns who I went to speak with when I had feeding problems with the gun that I had just purchased there.
This was his advice: "Well [the gun] is made by humans so it's liable to break"

I replied: "Your brain was made by a human, clearly it also fails regularly."

I NEVER RETURNED AGAIN. 3 visits, 1 gun purchase, and 1 ammo purchase was enough to loose me as a client forever.

I rather drive from SS to see Mark at 2A (20+miles away) than walk 4 blocks to Atlantic Guns.

P.S. I stand by my initial post on FFL transfer. I was quoted "$95 plus MD registration fee".

Last edited by JOBU; February 18th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
JOBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #209
This One Goes To Eleven
Rocker

About a year ago I called Atlantic and asked if they would order me a Pardner Protector (Rem. 870 clone). A week later I called to check in on the status and they "hadn't gotten to it yet." I told them to forget it and just ordered an 870 off Gun Genie.

I've given them a few chances since then, specifically before I bought my PTR 91. I came in and told them I was thinking about an AK or one of its variants. I then made the mistake of mentioning I probably wouldn't have the money to make a purchase until the next week. I got the "well, see you in a week" attitude.

On the bright side, if they had good customer service I'd probably own a cheap 870 clone and a WASR-10, but instead I own PTR 91 and sexy TALO Rem. 870.

Anywhere but either Atlantic.
This One Goes To Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #210
sandbanger
how's it going eisenhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBU View Post
In my initial post I did not want to identify him, but...that's him. ..........................................
P.S. I stand by my initial post on FFL transfer. I was quoted "$95 plus MD registration fee".
Oh i wasnt calling you out in any way, i just thought it was funny how fast the guy corrected me, just for 5 dollars, the way he acted on the phone i thought I was off by 40 dollars, not 5. the difference between 95 and 90 is negligible.
sandbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #211
WatTyler

I'll weigh in, since it's my neighborhood shop - though by no means my favorite shop. Experience is that if I know what you need, and if they've got it, and if I need it right now, then if I'm willing to pay (quite) a bit more than average, then it's not a particularly bad shop. But if I have questions or need customer service, there are a couple of other shops in the county which I prefer. And frankly, the bulk of my retail money is spent two counties and a couple hours' drive away, because I like the people, I'm treated like a valuable customer, the prices are fair, the selection is good and up-front, and because they're MDS supporters. But different people do business different ways, I guess, and I guess it works for Atlantic to do it their way.
WatTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #212
Mark392001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I'm stopping by today to fill out the paperwork on my new HK P30. My 30 days in Purgatory are almost up!

Jamie
30 days??? Why aren't you a MD Designated Collector?

Maryland Designated Collector
FFL 03 (C&R)
AGC Member

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
Abraham Lincoln
Mark392001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #213
JMintzer
Hoarding Douche Waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark392001 View Post
30 days??? Why aren't you a MD Designated Collector?
I wasn't then. I am now...

Jamie

Not an "expert", just a guy who likes to shoot and knows what works for me...
JMintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #214
pricandelinquent

got my smith&wesson sigma from them and found out after i paid a shit ton more than i should have love the gun but other places have it for alot cheaper even with an ffl transfer i guess the only reason i bought from them was because they do layaway and i wanted the gun really bad, customer service is pretty terrible the first time i walked in they didnt even acknowledge my presence never stepping foot in either store again
pricandelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #215
swinokur
In a State of Denial

Stopped by the Rockville store because I needed some Ballistol. I have been looking for a 10mm Colt Delta Elite for a while so I casually asked if they had one. To my surprise he said yes. It was used but looked to be in good shape. The price tag was $1050.00 !! WTF? I checked Colt's web site and the MSRP of a new one is $983.00. How can you charge 70 dollars over MSRP for a used gun?

I found brand new ones on line for $850.00 to $1000.00 Even with the FFL fee buying new on line is cheaper than used from Atlantic

I won't pay beyond MSRP for anything.

I'm sorry, I can't do business with greedy people.

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region