Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Old February 9th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #1
snick97

Question Maryland - Approved Handguns List --- Does this apply to any date handgun?

I was taking a look at the list to see if the H&K P9S was an approved handgun and it is not on the list. The P9S is from 1969 so I didn't know if there was any grandfathering in regards to the approved handgun list or not?

thanks all

Edit: started a new thread since this topic has taken a twist from the original question

Last edited by snick97; February 10th, 2009 at 10:48 AM.
snick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Andras

§ 5-406. Manufacture or sale of handguns.

(a) Prohibitions.-

(1) Except as provided in § 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.

(2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.
Andras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #3
snick97

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andras View Post
§ 5-406. Manufacture or sale of handguns.

(a) Prohibitions.-

(1) Except as provided in § 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.

(2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.
ah thanks, i don't know how to tell when exactly the gun was manufactured but i will find out
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #4
mikec

Many of the European makers mark the year or month/year of manufacture on the gun. CZ told me they stamped the year on their model 82's and the SIG P225/P6 has month/year on the slide. I don't have any HK's, but I would almost bet they have it stamped on the gun.
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #5
snick97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Many of the European makers mark the year or month/year of manufacture on the gun. CZ told me they stamped the year on their model 82's and the SIG P225/P6 has month/year on the slide. I don't have any HK's, but I would almost bet they have it stamped on the gun.
Edit: Started a new thread since this has taken a turn from the original topic AND I see this question about gun stamp's asked on A LOT of other forums

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues