Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Old February 5th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #1
ranger3five

Send a message via Yahoo to ranger3five
Gun Ban List

Found this article while reading Blackwater tactical weekly newsletter ,Here we go with the dumb a-- liberal gun haters .Gun Law Update: Gun-Ban List Proposed
Alan Korwin

Gun Law Update by Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America Jan. 5, 2008

Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady’s plan to introduce shortly.

I have an outline of the Brady’s current plans and targets of opportunity, It’s horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They’ve
made little mention of criminals.

Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states’ rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment.

The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10, Thompson 1927, Thompson M1; AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR; Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle; Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below), (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rimfire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has (i) a second pistol grip, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a barrel shroud or (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below), (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:
Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.” Note that Obama’s pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home.

In making this determination, the bill says, “there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.”

In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn’t have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose — is that devious or what? And of course, “sporting purpose” is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America

Glock 36
Glock 30
Springfield XD40 subcompact
Smith And Wesson Bodyguard .380

FN PS90
FN PBR .308
DPMS SASS LRT .308
DPMS M4
SMITH and WESSON M&P 15 SBR 7"
SIG SAUER 556 Pistol
REMINGTON 870 SP TACTICAL[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
ranger3five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #2
txiyo

this is pretty bad, I'd love to see more of the language they are going to try.

Old February 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #3
j8064
Garrett Co Hooligan #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknakasone View Post
this is pretty bad, I'd love to see more of the language they are going to try.
Not only it's pretty bad, unfortunately it's only just begun.
j8064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Redneck
FISH HARD, F*CK HARDER!

what a joke...

THAT KITCHEN PLACE
410 238 2700
9321-F PHILADELPHIA RD
BALTIMORE MD, 21237
MHIC #68723

• Check us out on Facebook or read our reviews on Angie's List
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Mossyoak
Never enough

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:

Sure, why not,, seems fair right??? WTF!!!!
Mossyoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #6
FIREHAWK
SPEAK ENGLISH

its that damn barrel shroud

Old February 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Tootall
Feelings Hurter

Send a message via Yahoo to Tootall
I saw an updated but shortened list. it banned all gun which fire a projectile through a barrel with the ability to load 1 or more bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
I have a wooden leg, therefore I am a table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
I have a 6 sided dildo. Every rear I throw it at, it finds a hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77
I'm in for a couple of any size and color, but my preferred choice would be BIG (16 ounce or bigger) and probably black.
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #8
txiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8064 View Post
Not only it's pretty bad, unfortunately it's only just begun.
why not tac this one the stimulus bill?

Old February 5th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #9
dieselfarmboy

What happened to the good days? When this was truely a free country.
dieselfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #10
BigCity
resident undertaker

So can we keep what we already own or have to "turn them in"?

God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.

Thomas Jefferson

Obama, putting the P.O.S. in P.O.T.U.S since 2008
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #11
ranger3five

there is further wording in the bill that states possessing any of these weapons will be illegal.

Glock 36
Glock 30

FN PS90
FN PBR .308
DPMS SASS LRT .308
DPMS M4
SIG SAUER 556 Pistol
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #12
ranger3five

Here something else I found too. Look what New Hampshire is doing , look what it says about the owning of firearms and stockpiling ammo.The New Hampshire state legislature took an unbelievably bold step today by introducing a resolution to declare certain actions by the federal government to completely totally void and warning that certain future acts will be viewed as a "breach of peace" with the states themselves that risks "nullifying the Constitution.
"

This act by New Hampshire is a clear warning to the federal government that they could face being stripped of their power by the States (presumably through civil war!

The remarkable document outlines with perfect clarity, some basics long forgotten. For instance, it reminds Congress "That the Constitution of the United States, having delegated to Congress a power to punish treason, counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States, piracies, and felonies committed on the high seas, and offences against the law of nations, slavery, and no other crimes whatsoever;. . . . .
therefore all acts of Congress which assume to create, define, or punish crimes, other than those so enumerated in the Constitution are altogether void, and of no force;"

Federal gun crime laws? Void. Federal drug crime laws? Void. The gazzillion other federal criminal laws that deal with anything other than the specific enumerated crimes? ALL VOID.

One would think that if any lawyer anywhere in the entire country was worth his salt, all federal criminal trials would have ended years ago. This seems to prove that most lawyers are dullards.

New Hampshire deals a complete death blow to the pending federal hate crimes legislation by pointing out "That, therefore, all acts of Congress of the United States which do abridge the freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, are not law, but are altogether void, and of no force; . . . . .
"

Later in the Resolution, New Hampshire makes clear what the feds are now risking if they proceed further: The removal of all powers from the federal government by the States!

Quoting directly from the Resolution: "That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America.
Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI.
Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually.
"

I have reported on this blog for quite some time that we here in the United States are heading toward Civil War. Many of you told me I was a nut for thinking that.

The simple fact is that we are long overdue for another Rebellion in this nation and I heartily endorse the idea of having one again very soon; preferably starting THIS year!

We must stop our federal government dead in its tracks because it is out of control and very dangerous. If stopping them means attacking them and destroying them by force, then so be it.

Read the full New Hampshire Resolution directly from the State Government Web Site, Here
http://www. gencourt. state. nh. us/legislation/2009/HCR0006. html

Glock 36
Glock 30

FN PS90
FN PBR .308
DPMS SASS LRT .308
DPMS M4
SIG SAUER 556 Pistol
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #13
j8064
Garrett Co Hooligan #1

Mine all fell overboard in that boating mishap anyway...
j8064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #14
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREHAWK View Post
its that damn barrel shroud
What is a barrel shroud anyway? Is it one of those shoulder things that go up?

+Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

+A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #15
futureseabee
CTT not seabee anymore

when is my ruger going to be gone
and what is so smart about stopping the only industry that has been flooding the market with money

NRA Member
MSI Member
Mossberg 500 12 ga.
WASR-10 AK-47
Mossberg M51(a)
Ruger 10/22
Tula SKS
Makarov
Izzy Mosin Nagant 91/30
"Let's roll"-Todd Beamer
"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun."-Homer J. Simpson
futureseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #16
squirrels
Ho...ho...ho.

HR1022 has been around for at LEAST a year now. Right now, I don't think it has any legs.

Old February 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #17
a81lp

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8064 View Post
Mine all fell overboard in that boating mishap anyway...

damndest thing, mine too!
a81lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #18
boothdoc

I thought MDshooters was a drinking site?
boothdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #19
txiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger3five View Post

The simple fact is that we are long overdue for another Rebellion in this nation and I heartily endorse the idea of having one again very soon; preferably starting THIS year!
Good point, live free or die, go NH. It actually says when the government exceeds its power we can and have the duty to abolish it. I forget where, some piece of paper written by people a few hundred years ago.

But do you honestly think that there would be a rebellion when so many people are dependent on the government? There'd probably be a civil ware and people would still be trying to get welfare

Old February 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #20
benc4liberty
Freedom4theFreeState

Send a message via AIM to benc4liberty
Action

Hi everyone,

You should really check out MD Republican Liberty Caucus. It is a new chapter of the RLC, and we will be very aggressive in fighting for the preservation of all of our rights.

PLEASE check it out, contact me if you are interested in getting involved. The entire Constitution is under attack, it's too late to sit back and let someone else fight this battle.

Here's the website.
http://www.rlcmd.com/

Last edited by benc4liberty; February 6th, 2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added website
benc4liberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues