City/State Forest Hill, MD

Hours:
    Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Sunday 9:00am - 3:00pm

Admission:
    Adult: $5.00
    Children under 12: Free

Description:
    The Bel Air Moose Gun Show will be held on Saturday, October 12th thru Sunday, October 13th, 2013. The Forest Hill, MD Gun Show will be held at the Moose Lodge #1952 - Bel Air MD and is hosted by the Moose Lodge #1952 - Bel Air MD of Maryland. All Federal, State and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

Promoter: Moose Lodge #1952 - Bel Air MD
    Phone: (410) 215-5746
    Email: pieperpat@gmail.com

Venue:
    ​Moose Lodge #1952 - Bel Air MD
    310 East Jarrettsville Road
    Forest Hill, MD

Vendors: $25 per Table

pwilson1204

Mar 16, 2011
    MOOSE

:)

Hello:

Was reading somewhere moose make moose-whoopie multiple times per day during the rut. (Damn! I just joined the Elks!)

Best regards,

pwilson1204

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Right down the road! I'll be there at opening on Saturday. Not expecting much but I can't skip one so close to home.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Somebody on Pleasantville road has a sign for it in their front yard. Drove past it this morning and looked it up when I got to work. I'm guessing they are a member of the lodge.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    I'm so damn tired of that flying squirrel!!...:evilgrin3

Attachments

• Moose.jpg
      Moose.jpg
      24.2 KB · Views: 434

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I will be there. Look for the short fat guy with the stroller.

I hope you won't be filling that stroller with .22lr that you will attempt to sell in the classifieds for inflated (ridiculous) prices :innocent0

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I hope you won't be filling that stroller with .22lr that you will attempt to sell in the classifieds for inflated (ridiculous) prices :innocent0

sold most of it already. thanks.
    Some guys made me an offer. I post an asking price and take it from there.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What dealer will spend the money on tables for this show? Hunting rifles, shotguns and socks will be there. I can't imagine much more. I will probably stop by to see what's there but I'm not expecting to spend more than 10 minutes there. That is unless someone is selling 22 ammo at a really good price.....

Jim Smith

SCOTTG82

I'm Muffin, I know nuffin
    Nov 14, 2012
    Looking for reasonable ar upper rifle kits (receiver barrel bcg charging handle etc.) Can always order online but too antsy to wait for shipping.....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Looking for reasonable ar upper rifle kits (receiver barrel bcg charging handle etc.) Can always order online but too antsy to wait for shipping.....

$550, but I'm not sure if it was a complete upper kit, or just a complete upper.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My review of the 1st annual Bel Air Moose Gun Show.

There were more knives for sale than guns. And that's not a bad thing, because I picked up a really nice Damascus Folding knife for $125. I'm also going to get him to build me a custom knife as soon as I find the material for the handle.

A few AR15 parts were there, but they still had a rather stiff price tag. Stag LPK were $90, Palmeto LPK were $85. An complete upper or upper parts kit as $550, which isn't too bad. A 10-22 breakdown, a few AR15's and 2 AR10 rifles. A lot of old ammo, some selling for a decent price. I bought a bunch of 270 win 130 gr for $15 box. Guy in the corner had some older firearms and was selling ofr a good price. However, his wife as almost giving things away. They had a really cheap BP rifle, she said the customer could have it for $10-$15, when the husband returned the price was $40. I thought that was funny. There was a Maverick 88 with a 28" barrel that was selling for $150.

All in all for the handful of vendors there, it wasn't too bad. It is what it is. A 30 x 50 ft room with a few vendor tables.

EDIT: I couldn't believe the number of folks jumping at any ammo labeled 22 cal. All the ammo was 22 WMR, but almost everyone was asking for 22LR. Almost made me want to drive home and get my 5000 rounds of the M22 we all just bought.

Jim Smith

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    ]

There were more knives for sale than guns. And that's not a bad thing, because I picked up a really nice Damascus Folding knife for $125. I'm also going to get him to build me a custom knife as soon as I find the material for the handle.

A few AR15 parts were there, but they still had a rather stiff price tag. Stag LPK were $90, Palmeto LPK were $85. An complete upper or upper parts kit as $550, which isn't too bad. A 10-22 breakdown, a few ar-15'sand 2 AR10 rifles. A lot of old ammo, some selling for a decent price. I bought a bunch of 270 win 130 gr for $15 box. Guy in the corner had some older firearms and was selling ofr a good price. However, his wife as almost giving things away. They had a really cheap BP rifle, she said the customer could have it for $10-$15, when the husband returned the price was $40. I thought that was funny. There was a Maverick 88 with a 28" barrel that was selling for $150.

All in all for the handful of vendors there, it wasn't too bad. It is what it is. A 30 x 50 ft room with a few vendor tables.

EDIT: I couldn't believe the number of folks jumping at any ammo labeled 22 cal. All the ammo was 22 WMR, but almost everyone was asking for 22LR. Almost made me want to drive home and get my 5000 rounds of the M22 we all just bought.

Jim Smith

I hope no one was buying the ar-15's cuz I think post 10/01 the buyer would be out his money and the seller would have some 'splainin' to do

critical

Dec 21, 2012
    Wasn't too bad, if I was in the market for a knife I'm sure I would've found a nice one there. Had a good time spoke with a few people. Got to talking to Dale and Tim Bowman who are two great guys, Dale has an awesome gun shop Darlington. Bought a few guns through him in the past. All in all ammo prices are still high and 9mm is rare. :/

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    ]

I hope no one was buying the ar-15's cuz I think post 10/01 the buyer would be out his money and the seller would have some 'splainin' to do

Did we hear that the dealers could sell their in stock AR15 rifles AFTER Oct 1st? Not sure, but I kinda remember something like that. I don't know. I only look long enough to believe they were not HBAR rifles.

Jim Smith

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

A few AR15 parts were there, but they still had a rather stiff price tag. Stag LPK were $90, Palmeto LPK were $85. An complete upper or upper parts kit as $550, which isn't too bad. A 10-22 breakdown, a few AR15's and 2 AR10 rifles. A lot of old ammo, some selling for a decent price. I bought a bunch of 270 win 130 gr for $15 box. Guy in the corner had some older firearms and was selling ofr a good price. However, his wife as almost giving things away. They had a really cheap BP rifle, she said the customer could have it for $10-$15, when the husband returned the price was $40. I thought that was funny. There was a Maverick 88 with a 28" barrel that was selling for $150.

Jim Smith

THanks for the review Jim. I was going to stop by but I think i'm going to pass now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom