Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles

Old September 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Elite84

Beware of PTAC from PSA

I received a package I've been waiting for from psa, I ordered the vortex strikefire premium rifle kit from Palmetto state armory. To my disappointment what got got was definitely not what i ordered. They sent me a PTAC m4 kit with no strikefire sight, i don't know if they were trying to pull a fast one but i guess someone screwed up and sent the wrong thing. I called them and they said they will replace the mess up order.

The one thing that really got my attention was the Ptac kit it self, upon inspection I was extremely disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I know some of us all thought about getting the attractively priced ptac kit with the YHM quad rails, but you get what you pay for with PTAC.

The over all finish was rough, wasr10 rough!
The color has a off tent to it on the barrel and upper, blemishes all over the place.
The edges are not smoothed off inside and out.
I was so put off I packed it up asap and wanted it out of my house.

I called back right away and made sure the rifle kit i ordered had nothing to do with PTAC, and they said they knew the issue and i quote "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'. Luckily premium kit is made by PSA. I wanted to give a warning to those who are curious about PTAC, think twice before ordering.

Old September 28th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #2
spfrazierjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite84 View Post
I received a package I've been waiting for from psa, I ordered the vortex strikefire premium rifle kit from Palmetto state armory. To my disappointment what got got was definitely not what i ordered. They sent me a PTAC m4 kit with no strikefire sight, i don't know if they were trying to pull a fast one but i guess someone screwed up and sent the wrong thing. I called them and they said they will replace the mess up order.

The one thing that really got my attention was the Ptac kit it self, upon inspection I was extremely disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I know some of us all thought about getting the attractively priced ptac kit with the YHM quad rails, but you get what you pay for with PTAC.

The color has a off tent to it on the barrel and upper, blemishes all over the place.

I called back right away and made sure the rifle kit i ordered had nothing to do with PTAC, and they said they knew the issue and i quote "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'. Luckily premium kit is made by PSA. I wanted to give a warning to those who are curious about PTAC, think twice before ordering.
I ordered one of the ptac rifle kits with the yhm quad rail and blackhawk lbk and plan on replacing the barrel. The upper is very nice with zero blemishes and looks like it is just like any other upper from psa. The lbk though is not the blackhawk but instead a ptac with blackhawk stock and ergo grip. The parts have a rough finish and even some of the matting surfaces had nicks/gouges in them. I touch them up with 1000 grit and all is good. However I am not extremely happy that the kit was improperly listed because the listing did not say anything about ptac parts other that calling it a ptac in the title.
spfrazierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #3
dweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite84 View Post

A bit scary, I was about to order one of these but I'm not looking for all those issues...
Now I may have to start the decision process all over again.
dweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #4
wreckdiver

PSA is pretty good to deal with. They will take care of you, it just might take awhile
wreckdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #5
JailHouseLiar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckdiver View Post
PSA is pretty good to deal with. They will take care of you, it just might take awhile
This^

They botched up my first order years ago for some reloading components, sent a call tag as well as shipped the correct stuff before receiving the return. I have spent plenty there after that over the years and always have been satisfied. They will take care of it.
JailHouseLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #6
altima98

Wow, glad that did not happen with my M4 Strikefire kit. I had a much better experience. I was expecting it to be a 3 week wait, but it showed up in 4 Business days and as Hickok45 says, "Sweet, Sweet, Sweet"
altima98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #7
dweaver

Did anyone else order the ptac upper(with the quad rails)? Is this the normal quality of that upper?

It obviously appears decent in the photos and the price is just as attractive but I'd prefer not to order it if it's just going to end in disappointment.
dweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #8
spfrazierjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post
Did anyone else order the ptac upper(with the quad rails)? Is this the normal quality of that upper?

It obviously appears decent in the photos and the price is just as attractive but I'd prefer not to order it if it's just going to end in disappointment.
I did. It looks like PSA quality not ptac. Bcg does not appear to be chrome lined.
spfrazierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Elite84

Update, I sent the package right back to them. They authorized the out going shipment as soon as they saw the ups drop off conformation, for that I am grateful. Going back to PTAC, I called back and talked to a representative after i posted this thread. He said ptac is just a lower quality line and the finish issue is just what you get at that price point. At least they are honest about it.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles