Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland

Old June 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1
ktigerJ

Fitzgerald Mazda Frederick

Anyone dealt with them before? My Mazda 3's motor blew last night (piston through the block) and I had it towed there. I have a Ford Extended Service Plan on it so cross fingers they cover it. No, I was not racing it or over revving it and yes, I change the oil and check regularly.
ktigerJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #2
R1125

Back a few years a go I had Mazda 6 with a bad oil leak. The car had 10,000 miles on it. Took them 5 times to fix it. Haven't been back since..
Things might have change since then. Good Luck.
R1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #3
lx1x
Peanut Gallery

sounds like timing belt issue..

but ford warranty for a mazda??

IDPA (SO Certified), USPSA (RO Certified) & RUGER Rimfire (for fun and practice, not really a competitor).
(All firearms are nicely stacked and stored at the bottom of Chesapeake Bay )

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
lx1x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4
ktigerJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx1x View Post
sounds like timing belt issue..

but ford warranty for a mazda??
Bought second hand at Ford in Sterling. Ford did own a lot of Mazda back in the day though ... Remember the B2000 was just a Ranger, the Mazda Navajo was an Explorer, so on ....
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Semper Noctem
Desk Rabbit

I bought from Fitzgerald Subaru in Wheaton, and I had a pleasurable experience. I can only imagine the other Fitzgerald establishments will be to the same standard.
Semper Noctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Multifaceted
Jerk of all Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktigerJ View Post
Bought second hand at Ford in Sterling. Ford did own a lot of Mazda back in the day though ... Remember the B2000 was just a Ranger, the Mazda Navajo was an Explorer, so on ....
The Mazda6 is the same platform as the Ford Fusion.
Multifaceted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #7
dapefley

All of my dealings with them have been GREAT. I have bought two cars (2012 Camaro, and Mazda 3 SkyActive) from them, and they have always treated me great. My Brother just recently bought a used car from them, and although there were some issues with the vehicle, they fixed him up great. Maybe a little high for service, but not too bad honestly.
dapefley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #8
dgapilot

Wasn't happy with the service from them on the Saab we had.
dgapilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #9
photoracer
Competition Shooter

I bought a new Mazdaspeed 3 from Fitzgeralds in Frederick in 2007. At 78,000 miles it suffered an engine malfunction out of nowhere. Only mod was a Mazdaspeed CAI. I did not have any kind of extended warranty. I was out of state at the time going to a shooting event. Engine had to be replaced and Mazda was not willing to eat any of it as some kind of possible defect. Spent $6k of my own money having Mazda put one of their new crate motors in it (2010 motor). If I did not love the car so much I might not have done it. But now it has 113,000 on it with more mods and it runs fine with close to 300 HP at the wheels.
As long as you have records on oil changes and scheduled maintenance you should be OK.

IDPA # A48078
3Gun Nation #28949

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison
photoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #10
ducrider45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Noctem View Post
I bought from Fitzgerald Subaru in Wheaton, and I had a pleasurable experience. I can only imagine the other Fitzgerald establishments will be to the same standard.
I will never use them again! They sold me a used car about 5 years ago and lied to me about the financing. I had a loan lined up at 3%. Great deal at the time. They said that they could match it. All of the paperwork said 3% on it. They also said that they would make the first payment for me.
as it turned out they never made the first payment. a month after I had the car they called me up and demanded I pay them for the first month! when I finally got my statement and payment schedule I noticed that the balance owed on the loan had gone up each month. I did not understand, as I had made my payments on time. They switch the interest to 12% and then opened a credit card in my name to pay the loan with. I was being charged 12% for the loan and 29% on the card! I got out of the loan all together when I got a lawyer involved. It was a great truck though.

MSI Member
ducrider45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #11
ktigerJ

The Ford Extended Plan we got on it is denying the claim. They are saying the oil filter was installed incorrectly and led directly to the engine problem. I really can't believe it. I've been using the same oil filter type since buying the car a little over 20k miles ago. I am waiting on a call from the manager of the adjusters. Wish me luck?
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #12
wcm250f

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoracer View Post
I bought a new Mazdaspeed 3 from Fitzgeralds in Frederick in 2007. At 78,000 miles it suffered an engine malfunction out of nowhere. Only mod was a Mazdaspeed CAI. I did not have any kind of extended warranty. I was out of state at the time going to a shooting event. Engine had to be replaced and Mazda was not willing to eat any of it as some kind of possible defect. Spent $6k of my own money having Mazda put one of their new crate motors in it (2010 motor). If I did not love the car so much I might not have done it. But now it has 113,000 on it with more mods and it runs fine with close to 300 HP at the wheels.
As long as you have records on oil changes and scheduled maintenance you should be OK.
I second that. I have a 2010 speed3 tune and a few other fun goodies and it runs like a charm.

William
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wcm250f is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland