Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > The Depot

Old November 7th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #1
tpy77

The Gun Rack in Burtonsville...

Just wondering what their pricing and stock might be like. Am possibly looking for a used .22 in the $100 or under range. Also open to suggestions of other places. I'm looking for a plinker/shooter.
tpy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #2
Jimbob2.0

Just was over there and bought something from them, overall their pricing is typical (though highly variable) for a Maryland dealer. For a while they were out of their gourd but right now seem to be running from 100 to 125% of MSRP for most guns.

The exception is consignments which is what i watch, they get quite a few guns passing through that people want to sell at reasonable prices depending on how fast the person wants to move.

I doubt you will find a .22 for less than $100. However, Dicks sporting goods had a couple of the new russian made winchesters for not much more than that, and 10/22's starting at $189.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #3
tpy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Just was over there and bought something from them, overall their pricing is typical (though highly variable) for a Maryland dealer. For a while they were out of their gourd but right now seem to be running from 100 to 125% of MSRP for most guns.

The exception is consignments which is what i watch, they get quite a few guns passing through that people want to sell at reasonable prices depending on how fast the person wants to move.

I doubt you will find a .22 for less than $100. However, Dicks sporting goods had a couple of the new russian made winchesters for not much more than that, and 10/22's starting at $189.
The Pawn shop off RI Ave. sold me a used 12 Ga. NEF Pardner Single shot about a year ago for $80. Was over there a few weeks ago and none of the similar guns were under $100. Have thought about looking at Gunbroker, possibly, but wondered what might be around to look at. I've never bought sporting arms new. I'd thought about a used Marlin/Glenfield 60, and have seen some at auction fairly cheap. Even with shipping and transfer fee some would be cheaper.
tpy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 04:15 AM   #4
E.Shell

I stopped in at The Gun Rack on Thursday and they were $over 75 cheaper on an HK200 than On Target, the only model I directly compared. I was more looking at CZs and they have almost all of them. Very helpful and the guy cheerfully spent a lot of time helping me window shop.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free" J. W. Von Goethe

Central Virginia Tactical Long Range Precision

Maryland Shall Issue Executive Member
E.Shell is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > The Depot