Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > The Depot

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #1
riss6270
Romeo Tango Papa

walmart rt 85 frederick has ammo

Was there at 4am they had 30 cases counted them with my own eyes
manager said hits the shelf at 7am. Got there at 6 45ish waited till 715
manager said they werent stocking ammo. Got into a little argument with him as well as the others who were waiting. He was a complette ass about it. I told him i would never shop there again. Sounds like he was just anti 2 amendment. So im not going back

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #2
malone630

Prob has friends coming by to get all think a lot of that going around
malone630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #3
marte616
God bless America...

is the manager a black guy, tall, mustache? He was nice to me when I bought a Circuit Judge last month...even showed me a BNIB Bushmaster that he could not sell in MD and had to ship back to the warehouse...it was priced at $799!!!! I almost died.

CPO(SS/NAC), Retired

Marte616

My avatar was offensive, so I deleted it...
marte616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #4
riss6270
Romeo Tango Papa

No he was an older white guy claimed he owned the store. His reason for not putting ammo out was bc of the weather and no one was going to be able to work the sporting goods counter. I was very upset the one manager told me they were going to stock at 7 and then they sent a worker out to say they weren't going to stock ammo then the manager said they didn't get any when I saw it with my own eyes. I was thinking about contacting the Frederick news post and see if they wanted to cover the story but I figure they won't care.

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Wreckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by malone630 View Post
Prob has friends coming by to get all think a lot of that going around
This.
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #6
4095fanatic
Paramagic

Contact corporate. Customer satisfaction is taken very seriously, and Walmart tries hard to Avoid bad PR.
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #7
riss6270
Romeo Tango Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4095fanatic View Post
Contact corporate. Customer satisfaction is taken very seriously, and Walmart tries hard to Avoid bad PR.
That's a good idea I might do that.

Old March 6th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #8
engineerbrian
JMB fan club

So does anyone know if it was ever stocked?

Planning your escape from Maryland? Register at Walking to Freedom and find the right state for you!

Yes Maryland made the top 10 list of the worst states in the country!

http://walkingtofreedom.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0
engineerbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #9
riss6270
Romeo Tango Papa

I don't know but I'd like to know too. If they did I will be making several calls. If anyone can give an update that would be great. They has 7mm and 300 when i was there

Old March 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Miykael

I just stopped in and the case was almost completely empty (like usual).

There was nobody working in the department. Some friends of mine checked there around 10 AM and found the same thing.

Sounds plausible that he could be hoarding them for friends/co-workers... or... to be fair, there were no employes in the dept, so he could have just not planned to stock the case. Remember that someone has to unlock the case every time someone wants ammo. If they have no employees working that dept today that would obviously create a lot of calls pulling people from other departments to open the case (which would probably happen every 5 min until its all gone).

Of course the place wasn't busy at all, so again, I'm sure they could spare someone....
Miykael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #11
riss6270
Romeo Tango Papa

Called corporate this evening and they were very helpful. They were going to look into the issue and have someone from the store contact me. We will see what happens. It's time for we the people to start standing up for what is right. The lady I spoke with said that some of what he did was against company policy. He would not sell me anything that was already in the cage. Ill update if I hear anything from them.

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Miykael

Thanks for checking on this.

Please let us know if they end up putting the ammo out or if it "magically" gets sold before the public has a shot at it.

I know it will sell fast regardless but the 3 box limit gives regular folk a sporting chance (even then though its still hard to find it).
Miykael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #13
Jim'sKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by riss6270 View Post
Called corporate this evening and they were very helpful. They were going to look into the issue and have someone from the store contact me. We will see what happens. It's time for we the people to start standing up for what is right. The lady I spoke with said that some of what he did was against company policy. He would not sell me anything that was already in the cage. Ill update if I hear anything from them.
Appreciate you keeping us up-to-date. Especially tough to find anything reasonably priced locally.
Jim'sKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #14
Wahama90

I was in the Prince Frederick Walmart today and bought the last 2 boxes of 38 special. I told the saleman about this thread and he was PISSED, he said for you to call the regional manager and corporate people about it. He said every Walmart manager he knows would sell you the shirt off his back to make a dime. He said to make sure to get names of the people that you talked to that wouldn't sell it. From the sounds of it corporate doesn't play with these guys that don't follow policy.
Wahama90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #15
plinkerton

Quote:
When you hear back I would like to add my voice to your complaint. I was there Sunday received similar treatment. PM me and I'll give you contact info.
plinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #16
4095fanatic
Paramagic

Ah I love a happy ending :-D
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #17
marko

I agree, some employees make the call to their friends, and none of the good stuff sees the light of day. Just like wall street.' Make friends with the guy at th counter..
Pathetic
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #18
fidelity
piled higher and deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
I agree, some employees make the call to their friends, and none of the good stuff sees the light of day. Just like wall street.' Make friends with the guy at th counter..
Pathetic
Would see the light of day if it is being resold. One more reason why Walmart corporate may want to ensure that employees at their regional stores are serving customers rather than friends.

Utah Non-Resident CFP
fidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #19
Merlin

Quote:
Was there at 4am they had 30 cases counted them with my own eyes
manager said hits the shelf at 7am. Got there at 6 45ish waited till 715
manager said they werent stocking ammo. Got into a little argument with him as well as the others who were waiting. He was a complette ass about it. I told him i would never shop there again. Sounds like he was just anti 2 amendment. So im not going back

I'm sure with the amount of WM employees this goes on allot.

MSI Member
SAF Member
NRA Member
Maryland Designated Collector

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President to let them know how you feel about your 2A rights:

Click here to write your federal lawmakers

Contact your Maryland Representatives
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #20
Merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miykael View Post
I just stopped in and the case was almost completely empty (like usual).

There was nobody working in the department. Some friends of mine checked there around 10 AM and found the same thing.

Sounds plausible that he could be hoarding them for friends/co-workers... or... to be fair, there were no employes in the dept, so he could have just not planned to stock the case. Remember that someone has to unlock the case every time someone wants ammo. If they have no employees working that dept today that would obviously create a lot of calls pulling people from other departments to open the case (which would probably happen every 5 min until its all gone).

Of course the place wasn't busy at all, so again, I'm sure they could spare someone....
Like many of you I to have checked WM often by either calling or going to the store. For whatever reason it's like pulling teeth trying to find employees working the sporting good counters. Some stores are better then others. But often it seems that the people over in the automotive section have to help you because they either can't find, or there is no one working the sporting good area.

If you call and are unlucky to get the, "there is no one working sporting goods, let me get a manager for you" answer when you call. These managers don't want to bother and just off the cuff will say they are out of everything. Many times the person on the phone will tell me they do not sell 9mm, or what ever I was asking for. I then tell them that I just bought some 9mm there the other day. They act all surprised. But they just want you to go away.

MSI Member
SAF Member
NRA Member
Maryland Designated Collector

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President to let them know how you feel about your 2A rights:

Click here to write your federal lawmakers

Contact your Maryland Representatives
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > The Depot