Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Gun Shows

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #61
jtb81100
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western HoCo
Posts: 921
Images: 2
Uncle Sam needs to hurry up and repay last year's loan. Would rather look at guns at the store (curious to see where it even is since I'm pretty local) and scrounge for other things at the show.
jtb81100 is offline  
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #62
FoMoCo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Monrovia
Posts: 28
looking forward the the show !
FoMoCo is online now  
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #63
ccarson
I'm old school
 
ccarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 323
Images: 4
My son and I are attending
ccarson is offline  
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #64
atom33
Junior Member
 
atom33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb81100 View Post
Uncle Sam needs to hurry up and repay last year's loan. Would rather look at guns at the store (curious to see where it even is since I'm pretty local) and scrounge for other things at the show.
http://howardcountyfair.com
atom33 is offline  
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #65
Dave M
Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Balto, Md
Posts: 176
Images: 1
Whats the chance on finding some deals on some ar upper parts? This show would be closer for me than york.
Dave M is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM   #66
photoracer
Competition Shooter
 
photoracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,398
Well if Precision Firearms is there a good chance. Or if you just want accessories there are several venders usually selling rails, scopes, mounts and such. But PF is usually the only one you can buy good handguards and such from.


__________________
Monocacy Pistol Club
Peacemaker National Training Center
USPSA # A72658
IDPA # A48078
3Gun Nation #28949



If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison
photoracer is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:20 AM   #67
jtb81100
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western HoCo
Posts: 921
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom33 View Post
Meant Lou's store not the fairgrounds, I'm a lot more familiar with the fairgrounds then I want to be lol
jtb81100 is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:59 AM   #68
ken792
Senior Member
 
ken792's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: College Park
Posts: 1,719
Do you guys think it's going to be that much of a zoo? How have the other recent gun shows been looking? Are things quieting down?
ken792 is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM   #69
Bikebreath
21st Century Hoplite
 
Bikebreath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: in the bowels of Baltimore
Posts: 6,830
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb81100 View Post
Meant Lou's store not the fairgrounds, I'm a lot more familiar with the fairgrounds then I want to be lol
Lou45 is an Industry Partner. Look him up at Shooter's Discount in the IP section.


__________________
MSI Executive Member - (Yet, my opinions here are not those of management...capisce?)

"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs." Judge Legg --- March 5, 2012

Step up to the plate: http://marylandshallissue.org/
Bikebreath is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:28 AM   #70
Lou45

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Carroll County
Posts: 8,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken792 View Post
Do you guys think it's going to be that much of a zoo? How have the other recent gun shows been looking? Are things quieting down?
This show will most likely be heavily attended though the isles are VERY WIDE and can easily handle a large attendance without overcrowding inside the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikebreath View Post
Lou45 is an Industry Partner. Look him up at Shooter's Discount in the IP section.
Thanks, Bb.


__________________
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter". Sir Winston Churchhill

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob.......Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter.

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma deuce.
Lou45 is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM   #71
NukeNick
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 21227
Posts: 124
I am going to bring the boy up with me on Saturday. I will be looking for some C&R stuff while I am there.
NukeNick is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:37 AM   #72
ricuser
Junior Member
 
ricuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 91
Comcast Cancels Silverado Gun Show Advertising

Silverado announced yesterday (2/20/2013) that Comcast cancelled Silverado's advertising for the Howard County Gun Show on 2/23 and 2/24.

See http://silveradogunshow.com/

Silverado is asking for people to get the word out about the show.

If you have been thinking about switching to DirecTV, now could be the time to do it and tell Comcast why.

DirecTV offers a $100 bonus to subscribers for referrals. If anyone decides to switch, PM me for my referral number and I'll donate the $100 to MSI or MDS or NRA or SAF - your call.

Tell people you know.
ricuser is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM   #73
hdatontodo
Senior Member
 
hdatontodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Balto Co
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricuser View Post
Silverado announced yesterday (2/20/2013) that Comcast cancelled Silverado's advertising for the Howard County Gun Show on 2/23 and 2/24.

See http://silveradogunshow.com/

Silverado is asking for people to get the word out about the show.

If you have been thinking about switching to DirecTV, now could be the time to do it and tell Comcast why.

DirecTV offers a $100 bonus to subscribers for referrals. If anyone decides to switch, PM me for my referral number and I'll donate the $100 to MSI or MDS or NRA or SAF - your call.

Tell people you know.
They posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG1uEfR3iyk I like the No Loop Holes text during the video.

We really need your help. We were just told a few hours ago that our advertising contract with Comcast was cancelled ... it was supposed to start running this past MONDAY. And they decided to tell us today with only a couple days left to advertise before the show in Howard County this weekend. No more gunshow advertising on Comcast as we understand it. And we can deal with that.. what is hard to deal with is they waiting until today to tell us they pulled the contract. We'd love it if everyone could share this post with the commercial attached.


__________________
SAF Life Member, NRA Life Member - Making more gun control laws just gives an illusion of progress, as was said of reorganization.
--
Online Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request https://voterservices.elections.mary...tructionsStep1
hdatontodo is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM   #74
SeaNote
Wayfarer
 
SeaNote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Howard County
Posts: 5
I'll be there!
SeaNote is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #75
BigSteve57
Duplex reticle
 
BigSteve57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post
They posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG1uEfR3iyk I like the No Loop Holes text during the video.

We really need your help. We were just told a few hours ago that our advertising contract with Comcast was cancelled ... it was supposed to start running this past MONDAY. And they decided to tell us today with only a couple days left to advertise before the show in Howard County this weekend. No more gunshow advertising on Comcast as we understand it. And we can deal with that.. what is hard to deal with is they waiting until today to tell us they pulled the contract. We'd love it if everyone could share this post with the commercial attached.
That's just plain mean.
Some guy from COMCAST came to the door asking us, as former COMCAST customers, to comeback to COMCAST for big savings.
I threw him off my property as we had our own horrendous issues with COMCAST.
FWIW, I have never done that with anyone else who has knocked on our door.


__________________
Lisa: The second amendment is just a remnant from revolutionary periods, it has no real meaning today.
Homer: You couldn't be more wrong Lisa. If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya?
BigSteve57: I think, therefore I am paid.
BigSteve57 is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM   #76
Half-cocked
Purveyor of fine robots
 
Half-cocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 17,821
I am looking into replacing Comcast today.


__________________


Welcoming illegal immigrants is like taking turds out of the toilet bowl, dropping them in the punch bowl, and expecting everyone at the party to applaud you for doing it.
Half-cocked is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM   #77
redsandman6
Member
 
redsandman6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dundalk
Posts: 291
I am thinking of going on Saturday. How much reloading supplies do they have at the show?

I also got rid of Comcast last year. We have Verizon. This is another reason I will not go back to Comcast.
redsandman6 is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM   #78
FFBWMD

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Woodbine MD
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Whats the chance on finding some deals on some ar upper parts? This show would be closer for me than york.
I believe Mark is doing the York show this weekend, dont know if he will have anything there.
FFBWMD is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #79
Miykael
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 32
My father in-law and I are going. Any predictions on if we might find any HBARs ($cash & carry) and will they be priced anywhere near reasonable at this point or are they still going to be crazy.
Miykael is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM   #80
Dave M
Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Balto, Md
Posts: 176
Images: 1
Thanks FFBWMD and photoracer for info. Never been there for a gun show, I like that the isles will be wide.
Dave M is offline  
Closed Thread

  Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013, Maryland Shooters, LLC