Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Gun Shows

Closed Thread

Old February 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #61
jtb81100

Uncle Sam needs to hurry up and repay last year's loan. Would rather look at guns at the store (curious to see where it even is since I'm pretty local) and scrounge for other things at the show.
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #62
FoMoCo

looking forward the the show !
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #63
ccarson
I'm old school

My son and I are attending
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #64
atom33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb81100 View Post
Uncle Sam needs to hurry up and repay last year's loan. Would rather look at guns at the store (curious to see where it even is since I'm pretty local) and scrounge for other things at the show.
http://howardcountyfair.com
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #65
Dave M

Whats the chance on finding some deals on some ar upper parts? This show would be closer for me than york.
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM   #66
photoracer
Competition Shooter

Well if Precision Firearms is there a good chance. Or if you just want accessories there are several venders usually selling rails, scopes, mounts and such. But PF is usually the only one you can buy good handguards and such from.

IDPA # A48078
3Gun Nation #28949

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:20 AM   #67
jtb81100

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom33 View Post
Meant Lou's store not the fairgrounds, I'm a lot more familiar with the fairgrounds then I want to be lol
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:59 AM   #68
ken792

Do you guys think it's going to be that much of a zoo? How have the other recent gun shows been looking? Are things quieting down?
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM   #69
Bikebreath
21st Century Hoplite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb81100 View Post
Meant Lou's store not the fairgrounds, I'm a lot more familiar with the fairgrounds then I want to be lol
Lou45 is an Industry Partner. Look him up at Shooter's Discount in the IP section.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs." Judge Legg --- March 5, 2012

Step up to the plate: http://marylandshallissue.org/
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:28 AM   #70
Lou45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken792 View Post
Do you guys think it's going to be that much of a zoo? How have the other recent gun shows been looking? Are things quieting down?
This show will most likely be heavily attended though the isles are VERY WIDE and can easily handle a large attendance without overcrowding inside the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikebreath View Post
Lou45 is an Industry Partner. Look him up at Shooter's Discount in the IP section.
Thanks, Bb.

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob.......Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter.

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma deuce.
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM   #71
NukeNick

I am going to bring the boy up with me on Saturday. I will be looking for some C&R stuff while I am there.
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:37 AM   #72
ricuser

Comcast Cancels Silverado Gun Show Advertising

Silverado announced yesterday (2/20/2013) that Comcast cancelled Silverado's advertising for the Howard County Gun Show on 2/23 and 2/24.

See http://silveradogunshow.com/

Silverado is asking for people to get the word out about the show.

If you have been thinking about switching to DirecTV, now could be the time to do it and tell Comcast why.

DirecTV offers a $100 bonus to subscribers for referrals. If anyone decides to switch, PM me for my referral number and I'll donate the $100 to MSI or MDS or NRA or SAF - your call.

Tell people you know.
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM   #73
hdatontodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricuser View Post
Silverado announced yesterday (2/20/2013) that Comcast cancelled Silverado's advertising for the Howard County Gun Show on 2/23 and 2/24.

See http://silveradogunshow.com/

Silverado is asking for people to get the word out about the show.

If you have been thinking about switching to DirecTV, now could be the time to do it and tell Comcast why.

DirecTV offers a $100 bonus to subscribers for referrals. If anyone decides to switch, PM me for my referral number and I'll donate the $100 to MSI or MDS or NRA or SAF - your call.

Tell people you know.
They posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG1uEfR3iyk I like the No Loop Holes text during the video.

We really need your help. We were just told a few hours ago that our advertising contract with Comcast was cancelled ... it was supposed to start running this past MONDAY. And they decided to tell us today with only a couple days left to advertise before the show in Howard County this weekend. No more gunshow advertising on Comcast as we understand it. And we can deal with that.. what is hard to deal with is they waiting until today to tell us they pulled the contract. We'd love it if everyone could share this post with the commercial attached.

Old February 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM   #74
SeaNote
Wayfarer

I'll be there!
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #75
BigSteve57
Duplex reticle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post
They posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG1uEfR3iyk I like the No Loop Holes text during the video.

We really need your help. We were just told a few hours ago that our advertising contract with Comcast was cancelled ... it was supposed to start running this past MONDAY. And they decided to tell us today with only a couple days left to advertise before the show in Howard County this weekend. No more gunshow advertising on Comcast as we understand it. And we can deal with that.. what is hard to deal with is they waiting until today to tell us they pulled the contract. We'd love it if everyone could share this post with the commercial attached.
That's just plain mean.
Some guy from COMCAST came to the door asking us, as former COMCAST customers, to comeback to COMCAST for big savings.
I threw him off my property as we had our own horrendous issues with COMCAST.
FWIW, I have never done that with anyone else who has knocked on our door.

Old February 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM   #76
Half-cocked
Purveyor of fine robots

I am looking into replacing Comcast today.

Welcoming illegal immigrants is like taking turds out of the toilet bowl, dropping them in the punch bowl, and expecting everyone at the party to applaud you for doing it.
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM   #77
redsandman6

I am thinking of going on Saturday. How much reloading supplies do they have at the show?

I also got rid of Comcast last year. We have Verizon. This is another reason I will not go back to Comcast.
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM   #78
FFBWMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Whats the chance on finding some deals on some ar upper parts? This show would be closer for me than york.
I believe Mark is doing the York show this weekend, dont know if he will have anything there.
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #79
Miykael

My father in-law and I are going. Any predictions on if we might find any HBARs ($cash & carry) and will they be priced anywhere near reasonable at this point or are they still going to be crazy.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM   #80
Dave M

Thanks FFBWMD and photoracer for info. Never been there for a gun show, I like that the isles will be wide.
Closed Thread

Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows