• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Been doing a little work to the rifle I gave my dad for fathers day. All we need now is a nice 1-4x optic.
    2011-11-24_19-00-59_89-1.jpg

ImperatorZices

Imperator
    Jan 22, 2009
    Nice, how effective is the ATN?

As far as clarity goes, it is an excellent optic. Even without the IR illuminator turned on you can see almost perfectly for several hundred yards. Granted I haven't shot with it mounted yet, but so far I have zero complaints. :D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    100_1345.JPG

My latest build, May group buy Spikes Zombie Lower, Kies Mk I 7.62*39 upper, Magpul stock and grip, Millet DMS on PEPR Mount, Spikes Enhanced Combat Trigger (real nice).

Had it out this weekend and am very impressed, even with loose scope mounts, various small ammo issues (a pile of Tula with really recessed primers that caused problems) and some adjustments that need made it held 2" groups reliably on a hot barrel with surplus. With some adjustments I think it will turn into a great upper with sub 1" performance. Just need to get the gas adjust right (critical for 7.62*39) as it is still ejecting weakly and denting brass (bad mojo for my handloads), and find quality mags (going to have to scavenge around for Cproducts mags at the shows) and I should be good to go. Functions dead perfectly on the 5rd mag. Good fit to the spikes lower as well.

I am going to use the same lower for a 300 blackout build. My next full build will be another 5.56 gun.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    That is a bungee sling looped around it to help carry it out there. It was just there as a temp for the day, worked well.

The downfall of this rifle is its weight, great bench gun, prone or sitting, but standing sucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom