• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I shoot lots of handguns and rifles, but I've been thinking about adding recurve bow shooting to my list of marksmanship endeavors. At least I can do that in my back yard. I'm in my mid 60's, so I want to start out pretty light with a Samick Sage takedown. I figure I can always increase the poundage later if I want. I live in Harford County and was wondering if there was a good bow shop around, where I could pick one up along with whatever accessories I'd need. I want a place with great customer service too, because I'm going to have a ton of questions. Any suggestions?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I did the same thing last year... went up to Lancaster Archery in PA to get fitted out with all the right gear. Ended up with a Samick Sage riser, and 35lb Samick Journey limbs (they're each 1" longer than the Sage). The salesman took a lot of time with me, no rush or pressure, and he let me shoot on their indoor test range until I was comfortable with the combination of bow and arrows. Definitely recommend these guys. It's a bit of a drive, and definitely worth it. BTW, their showroom is amazing!

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I did the same thing last year... went up to Lancaster Archery in PA to get fitted out with all the right gear. Ended up with a Samick Sage riser, and 35lb Samick Journey limbs (they're each 1" longer than the Sage). The salesman took a lot of time with me, no rush or pressure, and he let me shoot on their indoor test range until I was comfortable with the combination of bow and arrows. Definitely recommend these guys. It's a bit of a drive, and definitely worth it. BTW, their showroom is amazing!

+1 on the Samick Sage.

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    I can't speak for Lancaster archery but I'm sure they can get you set up. As for the Samick sage, I love mine. Just consider some string silencers and don't cheap out on the gloves :D

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    Try Autumn Sky rte 1 before the dam. Also check out Md Game and fish on Honeygo Blvd next to Joppa view elementary. I could bring a few recurves for you to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom