• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nabla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 17, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Thank you for posting. I'm currently waiting for a Form 4 approval for a transfer between an out-of-state individual and my FFL (submitted 5/04) and will then submit my own Form 4 to transfer from my FFL to me (via trust). Do you think I'll get in before the proposed changes, if approved?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Thank you for posting. I'm currently waiting for a Form 4 approval for a transfer between an out-of-state individual and my FFL (submitted 5/04) and will then submit my own Form 4 to transfer from my FFL to me (via trust). Do you think I'll get in before the proposed changes, if approved?

My money (maybe I'm just an optimist) is on 41P never happening. But even if it did, you're probably fine so long as your application is accepted before December.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My money (maybe I'm just an optimist) is on 41P never happening. But even if it did, you're probably fine so long as your application is accepted before December.
    Yeah, hard to see how they're going to put in a change after the comment period was 99.99% "this is the worst idea ever". Of course, the government being the government, who knows?

I agree that you'll be fine if you submit before the final changes go into effect, if they ever do.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Would this be for future NFA purchases or would this new ruling make existing Trusts null and void due to the lack of photographs and finger prints of Trustees.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Preexisting items in an NFA revocable living trust before the final 41p ruling would be grandfathered. However, any new trusts or new NFA items entered into previous trusts; would require that each individual of the trust to be photographed and fingerprinted for every new additional item.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Preexisting items in an NFA revocable living trust before the final 41p ruling would be grandfathered. However, any new trusts or new NFA items entered into previous trusts; would require that each individual of the trust to be photographed and fingerprinted for every new additional item.
    Well, that was the original idea. We don't really know what the final plan is going to look like.

Nabla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 17, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Thanks for your input, guys! Hopefully the transfers go off without a hitch in these next several months and the NFA item will be grandfathered in if 41P takes effect. Man, if the wait wasn't killing me enough!! :)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Well, I suppose I will SBR a couple of rifles I have. Wasn't in a rush, but may as well go ahead and do it over the summer. MG is going to have to wait unfortunately. Guess I won't be able to add that to the trust. What a joke...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Good Lord, I thought it was only going to be that the "responsible person" on the trust would need to get photographed and fingerprinted. Then again, I guess all trustees would be considered responsible persons. What a PITA. I need to find a day to finalize my trust and get the e-forms filed.

Can I get an 8 day week please? lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well, I suppose I will SBR a couple of rifles I have. Wasn't in a rush, but may as well go ahead and do it over the summer. MG is going to have to wait unfortunately. Guess I won't be able to add that to the trust. What a joke...

If this goes into effect, there is no longer a need for a gun trust unless you have grandfathered items in one.

If you buy the machinegun after this goes into effect, might as well just have it in your name and go through the same hoops as if you were to put it in the trust post P41 ending up a YAY.

I really do hope that P41 gets scuttled just like the ridiculous proposal to ban M855 ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom