• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Whats happening at Gilberts lately? I mean the place has been really empty as of late, even at what I would consider peak times. While it is nice to walk up and get a lane but it seemed kinda of weird to be able to hold a conversation on the firing line at a range with no one firing . The place always seemed to be packed when ever I went in and it just makes me wonder .

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    Whats happening at Gilberts lately? I mean the place has been really empty as of late, even at what I would consider peak times. While it is nice to walk up and get a lane but it seemed kinda of weird to be able to hold a conversation on the firing line at a range with no one firing . The place always seemed to be packed when ever I went in and it just makes me wonder .

Ammo prices are no bueno...

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Just a rumor, but I heard that they were getting there license back, and will be able to sell again. Anyone else hear that?

They have been saying that for a while. Their ammo rules (most buy from them) and related pricing (too much) have made me not want to renew my membership.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    I'm no fan of the staff at this place but for someone like me who have very limited time this place is a blessing.
    I don't like to purchase their ammo but its only 15 minutes from where I work and live so I decided to give them my business. I'd much rather go to the NRA range but the idea of having to get on the road that is filled with clowns who don't understand what the left lane is intended for usually makes what should be a 25 minute drive into a 45 minute drive; and that's one way.
    I'll go here until someone else comes up with a better option or should I say 'thank you sir, may I have another...'.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I was in there last Saturday. The place was empty.

No gun related groupon deals. Is this political correctness on their part?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I'm no fan of the staff at this place but for someone like me who have very limited time this place is a blessing.
    I don't like to purchase their ammo but its only 15 minutes from where I work and live so I decided to give them my business. I'd much rather go to the NRA range but the idea of having to get on the road that is filled with clowns who don't understand what the left lane is intended for usually makes what should be a 25 minute drive into a 45 minute drive; and that's one way.
    I'll go here until someone else comes up with a better option or should I say 'thank you sir, may I have another...'.

Agreed. I'd much rather schools teach that you should only be on the left lane when passing instead of <insert liberal cause here>.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My guess is that they've burned through the Groupon deal people and haven't been back on there yet.

It's pretty stupidly obvious that the place would be jam-packed except for the ammo restrictions.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I still have a deal for this place. I've never been there and figured I'd give it a shot after the craziness died down. Sounds like the time is right. Hope to have a decent experience.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    No gun related groupon deals. Is this political correctness on their part?
    No. As I mentioned about 2 posts above, they had a Silver Eagle deal a week ago. Unless they just instituted the policy in the last 7 days.

I am a member and don't go anymore because the staff is rude and arrogant. No issue with the prices here. just want to shoot in peace.
    I don't think I've ever had the staff be rude or arrogant to me. Use the Golden Rule. If you behave like an *******, you'll get treated like one.

The only problem I have with the staff is that there isn't a lot of them around, leading to waiting.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    The only person I can say is attentive is the young lady at the front desk. I have on multiple occasions had the target system give out and had to ask the clowns working at the front desk what lane I should relocate to. Usually had to wait while they're done talking with each other about anything but work and then waiting longer for them to acknowledge my presence.
    If there were other options near me I'd be the first to jump ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom