• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    As I said in the other post. Its a free market, they can charge whatever they want. Obviouslly they are selling them because some options are not avail anymore so the price is within market demands.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    As I said in the other post. Its a free market, they can charge whatever they want. Obviouslly they are selling them because some options are not avail anymore so the price is within market demands.

+1,
    Free market
    I noticed that when Gun Shops price up the 22LR, they now have it in stock for anyone that wants to buy some 22LR to go shooting, but the hoarders are not buying it. Fine, that's how to work a free market. And if your stuff is not selling, then ROLL BACK or make your stuff better so people want it more.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    They set that new price because they know people are buying crates and flipping guns.

Classic makes more money selling individual guns.

So pricing crates at 3,500 keeps more crates of guns at their warehouse.

3,500 is a ridiculously high price for a crate of 91/30s, but they know some sucker will still buy them crates and flip them guns.

Hard to flip a 175.00 Mosin though. More than 175.00 once you include shipping.

There's an idiot on GunBroker trying to sell his 91/30s for 425.00 bucks each. No bids though. Wonder why....

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    They set that new price because they know people are buying crates and flipping guns.

Classic makes more money selling individual guns.

So pricing crates at 3,500 keeps more crates of guns at their warehouse.

3,500 is a ridiculously high price for a crate of 91/30s, but they know some sucker will still buy them crates and flip them guns.

Hard to flip a 175.00 Mosin though. More than 175.00 once you include shipping.

There's an idiot on GunBroker trying to sell his 91/30s for 425.00 bucks each. No bids though. Wonder why....

i bet he has sold a couple like that though

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    A few years back I bought a 1940 Tula with sniper proofs but not drilled, was the last one left in the crate in Frederick, nobody else liked it I guess and I thought I was having my eyes gouged out paying $140 for it with all accessories. Now it looks much better.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Just FYI, but I think that this would be good to pay attention to.

I was just at Big Dog Outfitters in King George Co., VA, and they still have perhaps 30 Mosin-Nagants out in their racks. Some of them are laminates, some are regular stocks. There were a couple with war-time stocks. It's a mix of Tulas and Izzys. No hex receivers there. All have bayonets, most of the bayonets with matching numbers. Most of these look really good, and they are priced at less than you can currently have one shipped from Classic ... plus, you can pick your own.

I don't think these are going to last long, once people find out they have them and figure out what's going on with the market right now. These were priced a bit high two months ago, but now they are priced very reasonably (for the current market), and people may be kicking themselves for not getting a Mosin while they are still relatively cheap.

BTW ... they even had two ex-snipers on the rack when I went in ... just not when I left. :innocent0

Big Dog is an IP, by the way. http://www.bigdog-outfitters.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom