• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    That was the email I posted in another DC thread. The MSP collect the applications for the entire month and then give them to Cpl. Cusimano at the beginning of the next month so he can start logging and processing them. So for example all of Mays applications are logged and processed June 1-14th according to Cpl. Cusimano. His computer was down for 3 weeks but he is almost caught completely back up from what I have heard in emails from him.

He is working hard to catch everything back up. If you want proof of that I mailed my application in on June 14th and they probably received it on June 16th. I was told to email him Friday morning as he should have all of the early to mid June apps logged. I should have my DC status on Friday the 24th or Monday the 27th, both of which are within the 14 days.

The letters are just a long time behind. That is the fault of the Licensing Division or Records Diviosions Commanders for not assigning anyone to help Cpl. Cusimano as he does the entire DC process by himself for all applications. :sad20:

If you turned in your application before June 1, 2011 I would email him because most likely you are already approved but he just hasn't had time to complete the letters.

Good news all around I guess. It is a little surprising that Mr. Cpl. Cusimano is pretty much caught up already, pretty efficient.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    My DC paperwork was mailed in around the middle of March. Sent another email to the Corporal today. Hopefully my paperwork has gone through by now....

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    mcusimano AT mdsp DOT org .... is how you will see it posted around here as to avoid spambots

1969Vette

Jun 10, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks for the helpful info. I sent mine in via certified mail with return receipt earlier this month. I'll give it 30-days, then send an email if needed.

From what I understand, after Obama's 'Under the Radar' statement back in March (http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar#ixzz1NOyZqD4S), gun sales have sky-rocketed. I've been told the the MSP has been inundated with a deluge of registrations for regulated firearms, and makes these a priority to process within the 8-day window. Unfortunately, the regulated firearms collector applications are also handled within the same office and take a lesser priority.

1969Vette

Jun 10, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I mailed my collector application/affidavit to the MSP on June 20th, and received my approval letter yesterday (dated July 24th).

Does anyone know if the approval letter is all there is to receive (i.e., whether or not we also receive a card)? If so, I presume we take the letter with us to purchase firearms. ???

Ralph

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I mailed my collector application/affidavit to the MSP on June 20th, and received my approval letter yesterday (dated July 24th).

Does anyone know if the approval letter is all there is to receive (i.e., whether or not we also receive a card)? If so, I presume we take the letter with us to purchase firearms. ???

Ralph

All you have to do now, is check the designated collector box while procuring a new regulated firearm.

1969Vette

Jun 10, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    All you have to do now, is check the designated collector box while procuring a new regulated firearm.

Thank you, Inigoes.... I'm picking up a Ruger 22/45 tomorrow for 1911 practice, and also plan to get a .380 (thinking of the Diamondback DB380), so it will be nice not to have to wait 30 days!

Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom