• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I am sure there are some Caps fans on here...

My wife and I are going to the game on Saturday, 3/31/12. I have tried to get tickets for the last couple years. By some draw of luck I was able to get these back in Sept when they went on sale. We will be 4 row off the ice. I will have to look @ what section.

I have never been to the Verizon Center (I frequently work in DC), and wanted to know if I can get some info on what to expect getting in Verizon center and just general info about the whole experience. Anything I should avoid or try to experience?

Thanks guys

GO CAPS

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    its all good. lots of good eats all around VZ ctr. get their early otherwise you will stress trying to get in for the start. parking is $20-30 depending on the event, if early you have parking space, if late they double park/valet you in, making it slooow getting out but hey... your at the caps game.

4 rows off the ice, nice. enjoy. C A P S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I just went on Sunday and they beat " The Wild" 3-0. I went online to Parking Wiz and reserved a parking space for $11.00 our game was at 5:00 my reservation was good from 3:00-an hour after the game ended. Pretty good deal. The lot was only about 2 blocks from the verizon ctr. PM me and I will send you the link.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I think I am taking metro from greenbelt, but thanks. Big game tonight, hopefully we can pull it off. But it seems like we have been consistently inconsistent after big wins lately. I can't wait, any specific suggestions on places to eat, should I go early to get spot, or reservations? When they played the Preseason game in Baltimore all the surrounding restaraunts were completely booked w/ reservations.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I think I am taking metro from greenbelt, but thanks. Big game tonight, hopefully we can pull it off. But it seems like we have been consistently inconsistent after big wins lately. I can't wait, any specific suggestions on places to eat, should I go early to get spot, or reservations? When they played the Preseason game in Baltimore all the surrounding restaraunts were completely booked w/ reservations.

If you like a good steak and craft beer, try District Chop House. That place is amazing, a little pricy but I think its worth it. Make reservations though. Clydes is good but I've only had breakfast there. There is a Green Turtle in the Verizon Center and few other bar type restaurants in the area. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Chophouse is definitely my kind of place, unfortunately, no reservations to be had @ 1700 on Sat. I will keep it in mind next time. Thanks for the suggestion. With the prospect of t storms, I think I will hit a local spot then ride on down...

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Hockey is something that I have never gotten into. I have watched it and have a lot of respect for those guys and how they play. What I have also noticed is that you don't really hear any bads news about hockey players. Most are the kind of role models that you want your kids looking up to. A buddy of mine was telling me that the Penguins send a player to deliver your season tickets to you. He said the players also come outside and offer food and beverages to the fans as they wait in line. Is this true? If it is that is truely amazing.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Hockey is something that I have never gotten into. I have watched it and have a lot of respect for those guys and how they play. What I have also noticed is that you don't really hear any bads news about hockey players. Most are the kind of role models that you want your kids looking up to. A buddy of mine was telling me that the Penguins send a player to deliver your season tickets to you. He said the players also come outside and offer food and beverages to the fans as they wait in line. Is this true? If it is that is truely amazing.

Not saying none of that ever happened, but it certainly isn't the norm.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I went this past Friday. I would recommend "Bar Louie" in the mall that's attached to the Verizon Center for pre-game drinks and eats. Fun place, pretty reasonable prices. Metro green line is a great way to go, no transfers.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    First thing you need to know is to not mention the Penguins around Caps fans... lol

Yes, hockey players are truely great role models. most players in the league are in their early to mid 20's, the games are mostly fast paced which keeps them exciting. HD tv coverage helped the ability to watch on tv tremendously. I think the biggest thing that keeps these guys in line is being able to take out all their aggression on the ice. They have really tried to doll up the league in the past few years, Hockey with out heavy contact is the most boring thing in the world. (just watch the "all star" game) I think the hardest thing for people to follow is learning the rules, and the amount of games in a season. Right now is the best time to watch, as there are less than 2 weeks to play offs.

can you tell I'm excited for saturday? Sat night home game, this is going to be great.

I don't care if your a wings, penguins, or even flyers fan. All that is necessary is that you enjoy the sport...

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County

I always recommend Clydes, Bar Louie, Matchbox, & Legal Seafood.
    Bar Louie tends to get really crowded since it is right next to Verizon. If you get there early enough Clydes is great & so is Matchbox. If you're looking to eat before the game I always suggest being down there an hour to an hour and half before the puck drops, but since this is Fan Appreciation Day I would get there about 2 hours early.

Freak

May 20, 2011
    Gaithersburg MD
    Huge Caps fan here...Personally love RFD across the street if you are going to do some drinking/pub food before the game.

Have fun and Rock the Red!

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I always recommend Clydes, Bar Louie, Matchbox, & Legal Seafood.
    Bar Louie tends to get really crowded since it is right next to Verizon. If you get there early enough Clydes is great & so is Matchbox. If you're looking to eat before the game I always suggest being down there an hour to an hour and half before the puck drops, but since this is Fan Appreciation Day I would get there about 2 hours early.
    Agreed. I always just take the metro in to Chinatown from Shady Grove so's I can get my drink on and still have time to sober-up with someone else at the controls. I forget the name of it but there's also an Irish pub within staggering distance of Verizon that's always a ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom